Old 08-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewen21
They owe it to the fans.
Yes they do. At least show us that Management cares more about winning then saving a pretty penny. Look at how much pressure finally built on the Wild (granted their revenue gave them the chance to spend easier than the Twins) to finally buy someone. The Twins, getting a new ball park, had better start thinking about it as well
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Is Liriano making his next start!? one of the impressive things to me is that even with Bonser's 5.67, Silva's 6.49 & Baker's 6.93 era's.. the Twins are still 7th in the mlb with a 4.28 team era. (Cardinals could use a bullpen like you've got)

Carl Racki beat your favorite fighter. And would win in hypotheticals as well.(except Youngblood)
Old 08-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Clever admin title

Rick Anderson (pitching coach) said that he expects Liriano to make his next start, as he has a "sim" game bullpen session tomorrow morning. There is no indication that he will be out for another start... thank the baseball gods.
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Look out if this team makes the playoffs. YOu just need two great starters and the Twins have them. Remember Johnston and Shilling.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Since I mentioned Bartlett and Tyner as 'maybe not being able to keep it up" they have gone 18 for 36.

Hopefully they can take that to Detroit.

I also complained about Cuddyer saying that he should not be a cleanup hitter. What does he do? Well, that next day he hits a key HR in the 9th to tie things up and eventually win the game.

Tonight is the biggest game of the year. They need to scratch out runs early and get into Detroit's bullpen fast.
It's Liriano, Radke and Santana against Detroit. Gotta take 2 out of 3 this time.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewen21 View Post
Since I mentioned Bartlett and Tyner as 'maybe not being able to keep it up" they have gone 18 for 36.

Hopefully they can take that to Detroit.

I also complained about Cuddyer saying that he should not be a cleanup hitter. What does he do? Well, that next day he hits a key HR in the 9th to tie things up and eventually win the game.

Tonight is the biggest game of the year. They need to scratch out runs early and get into Detroit's bullpen fast.
It's Liriano, Radke and Santana against Detroit. Gotta take 2 out of 3 this time.
Get off your ass and insult those guys more often!

Liriano needs to come out smoking, and get through the first 3 unscaved. And the hitters need early run support to "comfort" him through the beginning. When he gets a lead, its lights out. Hopefully the entire lineup produces like it has against KC in the past 4, and the chips will fall into place for a great run.
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
Get off your ass and insult those guys more often!

Yeah, I lit a 'cuddyer' underneath them
Old 08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
All-Star

If I see the Twins up by runs, I'm usually thinking Justin Morneau hit a homerun or batted them in, but lately it's been all unknowns.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicht View Post
If I see the Twins up by runs, I'm usually thinking Justin Morneau hit a homerun or batted them in, but lately it's been all unknowns.
You calling Jason Bartlett, Josh Rabe and Jason Tyner unknowns!?

MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Clever admin title

Well, I give Liriano all the credit in the world for trying to make a gutsy start with a ****ed up elbow... but it didnt help him or the team too much.

Bert Blyleven pointed this out on day one for Liriano... he WILL have elbow problems in his Major League career. His delivery is so hard/violent towards home plate, that the torque and forces on the elbow will cause him problems. Unlike a lot of other pitchers that have smooth motions to home, Liriano does have a very hard motion, and it really shows in the way he falls off the mound a lot of times. (Twins fans insider )

Tough night all around. Liriano heading to the DL, and the Tiggers owned us. Hopefully Radke can get us on track and take game 2 of the series.
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Well, I give Liriano all the credit in the world for trying to make a gutsy start with a ****ed up elbow... but it didnt help him or the team too much.

Bert Blyleven pointed this out on day one for Liriano... he WILL have elbow problems in his Major League career. His delivery is so hard/violent towards home plate, that the torque and forces on the elbow will cause him problems. Unlike a lot of other pitchers that have smooth motions to home, Liriano does have a very hard motion, and it really shows in the way he falls off the mound a lot of times. (Twins fans insider )

Tough night all around. Liriano heading to the DL, and the Tiggers owned us. Hopefully Radke can get us on track and take game 2 of the series.

Kidd you are realling enjoying this thread. You should have started one ages ago. Go Twins...right there in a great race. G/L...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Jonathan#1 View Post
Kidd you are realling enjoying this thread. You should have started one ages ago. Go Twins...right there in a great race. G/L...
I am... its a baseball thread... that isnt ruined by ignorant Yankees fans. Who'd a thunk a thread like this could be possible?
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

There is nothing to do but to call up Garza now. Ready or not.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewen21 View Post
There is nothing to do but to call up Garza now. Ready or not.
It should be coming soon...

Mike Smith just isnt an option.
Boof Bonser isnt an option
Scott Baker isnt an option

Hell, most of the time, Carlos Silva isnt an option.

Garza needs to come up before we start getting to the back of the rotation again, especially with us in contention for the Wild Card, we need a back-end guy on the rotation that can actually give us a chance to win those ball games. And now with Liriano going on the DL, the need is even greater.

Pull the ****ing trigger Ryan, you moron!
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Pull the ****ing trigger Ryan, you moron!
Well, there isn't anything much they could get in a trade. No team has a surplus of starters....Garza is really the only 'solution' for now.