Old 03-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Hall of Famer

2012 MLB thread

With the general thread for college and pro football creating a lot of good conservations, this seem like a good idea.

Who else is excited for baseball to begin next week!? Yankees on the quest to win the 28th World Series Championship. Interesting to see how well traded players perform for a different team. Will there be another perfect game?

Play ball!

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaud19 For This Useful Post:
bigjack (03-30-2012)
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Im ready for the Red Sox opening day,even though i go into this season less optimistic about the teams chances in a long time. Will be interesting to see how Valentine manages this team. We got the bats,the Yanks and Rays have the arms. Looking forward to the season anyways,as always.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post
With the general thread for college and pro football creating a lot of good conservations, this seem like a good idea.

Who else is excited for baseball to begin next week!? Yankees on the quest to win the 28th World Series Championship. Interesting to see how well traded players perform for a different team. Will there be another perfect game?

Play ball!
Gonna need some clutch hitting to win the WS, something they Yankees desperately lack. It is surprising they did nothing in the off season to upgrade that glaring weakness. AROD, Tex and Swisher give new meaning to Yankee killers.

Regardless, I too am looking forward to the season. Obviously the Tigers got the Prince and they should have no trouble scoring runs however the corners might commit what could be a record amount of errors. Will be interesting to see what Verlander does after his Cy Young and MVP season.

Remember the Hemsky incident!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post

Play ball!
I was always super pumped for baseball to begin and every March would reread my copy of Ball Four to get me in the baseball mood and with this Mets team and the Wilpon's just can't get into it!
Sorry!

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
Old 03-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm just hoping for a winning season. The Pirates made some really good moves and with some of our younger talent almost here we should be able to compete this year. I like the 6 playoff spots as well, that can only help our cause. I hope that if we can win 85 games we take the division. This town is starving for some playoff baseball. I can actually remember watching the Braves beat us in 1992. I was just turning 4, and my sister was a few months old. Now I'm 23 and my sister is in college.

It's starting to get to the point where if they don't win in the next year or two they better look at moving.

I also will be cheering for my adopted team the Rangers. I starting following them once my aunt and family moved to Ft. Worth. I will be rocking my Neil Walker on Monday then Rod Barajas on Tuesday.

Last edited by thepolishkid88; 03-31-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
I'm just hoping for a winning season. The Pirates made some really good moves and with some of our younger talent almost here we should be able to compete this year. I like the 6 playoff spots as well, that can only help our cause. I hope that if we can win 85 games we take the division. This town is starving for some playoff baseball. I can actually remember watching the Braves beat us in 1992. I was just turning 4, and my sister was a few months old. Now I'm 23 and my sister is in college.

It's starting to get to the point where if they don't win in the next year or two they better look at moving.

I also will be cheering for my adopted team the Rangers. I starting following them once my aunt and family moved to Ft. Worth. I will be rocking my Neil Walker on Monday then Rod Barajas on Tuesday.
Good Luck and at least you can get great seats cheap in Pittsburgh! Just for the hell of it, I went on Stub Hub last year and was looking at the Pirates games and man what great deals on tickets!
If I lived out there, I would go to see MLB!

Here in NY with the traffic and parking, it's too expensive to take in a Met game and loaded with aggrevation!!

Phil Esposito
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Hall of Famer

And that park in Pittsburgh is pretty sweet! Unlike that cookie cutter the Stargell,Parker,Kison Pirates used to play in. Pirates are on an upswing,got some good young talent,made some good off season aquisitions, .500 or slightly better isnt out of the questain.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Hall of Famer

I have VERY good feelings for my Angels: we got the big hitter we desperately needed for our struggling offense last year (and what a hitter, the best in the world!), we got another ace in CJ Wilson and we fixed the catcher position (Iannetta is hundreds times better than pathetic Mathis).
Not only that but Trumbo moved to 3B doesn't look out of place with AP at 1B and Kendry Morales is coming back also.

Beware AL, the Angels are back!

Aquile Friuli Venezia Giulia rulez!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sputnik For This Useful Post:
lefthook1 (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Super All-Star

If steroids were allowed, nay, mandatory, I'd start watching baseball again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PoGpFgRwQ
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Really looking forward to the Tivers this year. The addition of prince surely brings some homers and excitement to Detroit, no to mention opens up muggy a bunch.

The tigers went out and hopefully addressed the middle relief by picking up Dotel to team with Benoit and Papa Grande.

Tigers still have Inge, easily the week spot in the lineup.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack View Post
Good Luck and at least you can get great seats cheap in Pittsburgh! Just for the hell of it, I went on Stub Hub last year and was looking at the Pirates games and man what great deals on tickets!
If I lived out there, I would go to see MLB!

Here in NY with the traffic and parking, it's too expensive to take in a Met game and loaded with aggrevation!!
For as bad as they were for most of this decade they should be that cheap. I usually get to see around 20 or so games a year. They give us a college discount as well where are tickets are $5, so that's pretty cool.

I was actually at a Yankee-Red Sox game last spring and that was a wild enviorment. Felt like the Chelsea-AS Roma game I got to go to or for a more USA approach a Steelers playoff game. Unreal atmosphere. Only thing I hated was the prices. An outfield seat was like $60, which is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broons66 View Post
And that park in Pittsburgh is pretty sweet! Unlike that cookie cutter the Stargell,Parker,Kison Pirates used to play in. Pirates are on an upswing,got some good young talent,made some good off season aquisitions, .500 or slightly better isnt out of the questain.
Our ballpark is the best ballpark in baseball. It has everything you could ever want and with some more nice additions this year to the stadium, if you get to come again you will be even happier with it.

As far as the Buccos themselves, we do have hope. Reasons for the hope? No Pujols, No Fielder, and we improved a bit. I would just love to see playoff baseball here again.
Broons66 (04-01-2012), lefthook1 (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
For as bad as they were for most of this decade they should be that cheap. I usually get to see around 20 or so games a year. They give us a college discount as well where are tickets are $5, so that's pretty cool.

I was actually at a Yankee-Red Sox game last spring and that was a wild enviorment. Felt like the Chelsea-AS Roma game I got to go to or for a more USA approach a Steelers playoff game. Unreal atmosphere. Only thing I hated was the prices. An outfield seat was like $60, which is nuts.

Our ballpark is the best ballpark in baseball. It has everything you could ever want and with some more nice additions this year to the stadium, if you get to come again you will be even happier with it.

As far as the Buccos themselves, we do have hope. Reasons for the hope? No Pujols, No Fielder, and we improved a bit. I would just love to see playoff baseball here again.
I agree, great park. Made it out there two years ago

Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

I
Quote:

Have faith,pk88. With GM Huntington at the helm,the Bucs will be laughing stocks no longer! One of a handful of young GM's,like Epstein,Hoyer,Charington,who place a great emphasis on scouting. Bucs got some damn good talent in the pipeline,because of Huntington. Free agents will eventually come to Pitt,when the team starts winning,draws huge crowds. Not far off imho. And yes,that ballpark is one of the best. I thought Camden Yards and the Jake in Cleveland were great,but PNC has them beat by far! Good luck to the Bucs,i think your suffering will be over soon. Less than 5 years,im sure.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broons66 View Post
Never been there but on TV, it looks beautiful with the bridges in the background!

Phil Esposito
Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Wow $5 is like stealing. My older brother graduated from Duquesne in 1980 and I was in Pittsburgh probably 4-5 times with my Dad seeing him and I loved the city.
My Dad worked for US Steel for years and knew all about Pittsburgh and all the huge mills that closed. He also in 1946 as a 13 year old drove out to Illinois to see his older sister and told me all about the pollution as they drove through Pittsburgh!
I've had Iron City Beer before also!

Phil Esposito