Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Life / Whatever / Misc > Other Sports > Baseball

Old 10-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Hall of Famer

1984 Braves vs. Padres...sickest baseball fight ever?

They didn't throw guys out and they kept fighting over and over!
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Hall of Famer

wow that was crazy. i couldn't tell but i bet dale murphy and chambliss were kickin some a$$ ! lol. oh and gerald perry..still a hot head!

Carl Racki beat your favorite fighter. And would win in hypotheticals as well.(except Youngblood)
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Coach

That was pretty awesome. How many separate incidents in the game was that?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Joe Torre is the Braves manager there. You can see him briefly trying to restrain Padre Alan Wiggins....The Braves pitcher running around with the bat was Pasqual Perez. He apparently hit Champ Summers and Alan Wiggins. Summers is the mustachioed Padre running bezerk and he is the one the fans jumped. You can also see a brief shot of ex-Yankee teammates Chris Chambliss and Craig Nettles mixing it up.

-------------------------------------
This is a description I found from another site:
This was more like a slugfest and beanball war that was occasionally interrupted by a baseball game. It all started on the first pitch of the game, when Atlanta's Pascual Perez hit Alan Wiggins. Payback came for Perez in the second inning, when Ed Whitson threw behind his head. When Perez waved his bat at Whitson, the benches emptied in for the first brawl of the game. That one would be followed by fights in the fifth, eighth and ninth innings, some started when the Padres continued to throw at Perez every time he came to bat. When the dust had cleared, 14 had been ejected, including Braves manager Joe Torre and Padres manager Dick Williams. Five fans who'd joined in the fun in the late innings were arrested.

Joe Torre had some unkind words after it was all over. "Dick Williams is an idiot," he said. "It was obvious he was the cause of the whole thing. Precipitating a thing like that was inexcusable. It was stupid of them, period, to take four shots at Perez. It was gutless. It stinks. It was Hitler-like action. I think he (Williams) should be suspended for the rest of the year."

Said umpire crew chief John McSherry, "I would think it was one of the stranger days I've ever seen, if not the strangest."

All tolled, there were FOUR bench clearers and the fans got involved in one.
I do remember something about this because it was one of the first (if not the first year) I got TBS. I (sort of) remember this because my friend Ron became interested in the Braves at about this time.......

Definately remember that nutjob Pascqual Perez. He pitched for the Yankees for a year.....total cokehead, too. SO was Alan Wiggins who actually died of AIDS after he retired.....basically two crackheads started it
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Hall of Famer

The best fight of the past few years was probably the Sox vs. the Tigers I believe it was in Chicago. The best beat down I recall recently was Farnsworth destroying former "Generation K" member Paul Wilson. Supposedly the ugliest scene ever was Juan Marichil hitting I believe Campanella with a bat. That was a great old school brawl which we won't see anytime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beukeboom23 For This Useful Post:
lefthook1 (07-27-2012)
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Hall of Famer

That's my Padre's in their ugly a$$ gold and turd brown uni's! Damn they were ugly!
Aye, fight and you may die, run and you'll live...at least for a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take..OUR FREEDOM!
KILROY was here
2007 HF ProPick'em Champ
Old 10-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom23 View Post
Supposedly the ugliest scene ever was Juan Marichil hitting I believe Campanella with a bat. That was a great old school brawl which we won't see anytime soon.
No, that was Johnny Roseboro. By the early 60's Campanella was in a wheelchair.....Marichal would have needed some set of balls to start clubbing a dude in a wheelchair.

The story goes that Roseboro actually buried the hatchet with Marichal. I don't think I could have ever done that if some did this to me:
BAM!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Noticed the YouTube link no longer works.. Is this brawl still online?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom23 View Post
The best fight of the past few years was probably the Sox vs. the Tigers I believe it was in Chicago. The best beat down I recall recently was Farnsworth destroying former "Generation K" member Paul Wilson. Supposedly the ugliest scene ever was Juan Marichil hitting I believe Campanella with a bat. That was a great old school brawl which we won't see anytime soon.
The tigers fight was easily the best baseball fight I have ever seen, but haven't been able to watch it since. MLB blows and won't allow anybody the rights to play the fight. Rob fick was a beast, ask foulke and his bloody face.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch28 View Post
1984 Padres @ Braves Brawl ACTUAL FOOTAGE -...

Horrible quality though.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Who needs sound, on second thought
SF Giants vs LA Dodgers Fight 08-22-1965 -...
The Following User Says Thank You to flyersvikes For This Useful Post:
theknuckler (07-27-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Haha I remember watching Pascual Perez when he was an Expo and would occasionally through the high slow pitch like he was in a slo-pitch game. Used to think that was pretty funny.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch28 View Post
The best we have is MLB's condensed recap of the brawl. At least they still recognize that brawl's significance.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=5955859
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Hall of Famer

this is minor league, but still pretty awesome haha

Minor League Baseball Fight - YouTube

Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Hall of Famer

He hit the batter in the ass with the baseball. Then when the guy charges he fires his glove at him and hits him in the face with it. Then he decks him. Then the poor slob gets trampled

I was watching a Twins/Rangers game last week. Mauer got hit with a pitch and Gardenhire was flipping out on the bench (totally tipped his hand). Then when Josh Hamilton came up later the Twins retaliated: warnings to both teams and an ejection. Scott Diamond, the pitcher for the Twins is getting suspended 6 games for not even hitting Josh Hamilton with a pitch.

Then a few nights ago in Pittsburgh there was that big collision at home plate when Molina got KO'd by the runner on a bang-bang play. I always thought the rule was that the base belongs to runner--stand in there if you have a glove at your own risk. Then when the kid from Pittsburgh came up he got beaned. Of course, warnings were given out immediately after that. So on a clean aggressive play the guy gets beaned for his troubles and his pitcher can't stick up for him else he's ejected from the game. They really are f'kd in the head when it comes to this stuff. In all sports