Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 AM
News Junkie

Rush Sign Neil Conway

(Rapid City, SD) Today, the Rapid City Rush announced the addition of goaltender Neil Conway as well as the final 21-man training camp roster. The Rush kick off their fifth season in the Black Hills with a week of training camp beginning on Monday, October 8th. At the end of the week, the team will suit up for a pair of preseason games against the expansion Denver Cutthroats on Friday, October 12th and Saturday, October 13th.

Neil Conway, 24, is the second goaltender signed by the Rush this offseason, joining veteran Tim Boron.

I have heard nothing but positive things about the city, organization and fans, said Conway. The first thing people always tell me when I tell them Im going to Rapid City is how we have a packed crowd every night. I know the organization has a winning tradition and I am extremely excited to be a part of it. In transitioning from college to the pro game, I am really excited to see the difference in style and speed.

A native of Concord, Ohio, Conway is coming off of three seasons of college hockey at Saint Marys University. Last season, Conway was named CIS Atlantic University Sport (AUS) Goalie of the Year. In 2010-11, the netminder earned AUS First All-Star Team and All-Canadian Second Team honors. In his freshman season, Conway was a member of the 2009-10 CIS Champion squad, posting a 2.34 goals-against average and .907 save percentage.
Advertisement

Tags
neil conway, rapid city rush