Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
News Junkie

Beast Sign Calin Wild and Jason Pitton

Brampton, ON - The Brampton Beast Hockey Club continues to build the foundation of the team for its inaugural season with the signing of two new players. Calin Wild and Jason Pitton were unveiled as the newest members of the Brampton Beast at a packed Oscar's Roadhouse. Wild and Pitton are the second and third players signed to the team, joining Brett Smith who was introduced last month.

This will be a homecoming for Brampton born Pitton, who is thrilled to be returning back to his hometown."The opportunity to come home and establish myself as a player and plant some roots was really a main reason why I chose to come here," says the 27 year old left winger. Pitton, who was originally drafted by the New York Islanders in 2004, has played with several teams in different leagues, such as the ECHL, and AHL as well as overseas in Scotland. While in the AHL, Pitton played 187 games for affiliates of the New York Islanders, Vancouver Canucks, and San Jose Sharks while amassing 38 points and 166 penalty minutes.

Calin Wild is very familiar with the Central Hockey League spending the last 3 seasons with the Texas/Fort Worth Brahmas. He registered 76 points in 163 games, with another 9 points in 25 playoff games. The Winnipeg native is thrilled to be coming back to play in Canada, and is relishing the opportunity to make an impact with his new team. Wild went on to say, "I'm extremely excited to be here in Brampton, to get involved in the community, and to play in front of the loudest and proudest fans in the Central Hockey League."

Last edited by chilly666; 07-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisement

Tags
brampton beast, calin wild, jason pitton