Everblades Move Into First Place
Going 12-1-0 in the last 13 games Florida leads the ECHL with 31 wins, a winning percentage of .762 and 64 points.
Florida won the regular season title in 1999-2000 with a league record 53 wins and 108 points. The 53 wins are now tied for the third most in league history while the 108 points is tied for the sixth-highest total. The Everblades have reached the Kelly Cup Playoffs in every one of their first 10 seasons and advanced to the Finals in 2004 and 2005.
The Everblades host South Carolina on Tuesday and Wednesday and play at South Carolina on Friday and Saturday. The Stingrays are 22-16-5 and in second place in the South Division with a winning percentage of .570. Florida has won the last three meetings at South Carolina and is 4-3-1 overall and 3-0-1 on the road against the Stingrays. South Carolina has won the last three games at Florida and is 3-1-0 on the road and 4-4-0 overall this season against the Everblades.
Rookie David Leggio is 8-0-0 with two shutouts and a goals-against average of 1.50 in his last eight games while Anton Khudobin is 4-1-0 with a goals-against average of 1.78 in his last five games. Leggio is 16-3-1 with a goals-against average of 2.10 and a save percentage of . 925 while Khudobin is 15-6-1 with a goals-against average of 2.51 and a save percentage of .913. Leggio is second in the league with four shutouts while ranking third in goals-against average and wins and fourth in save percentage. Khudobin is tied for third with three shutouts and is eighth in goals-against average.
Florida’s Kevin Baker leads the league with a team record 17 power-play goals and is tied for the league lead with 36 goals and 27 power-play points while ranking second with 59 points in 41 games. Peter Metcalf leads ECHL defensemen with 34 assists and 39 points in 31 games while ranking second with 18 power-play assists and 23 power-play points. South Carolina’s Travis Morin leads the ECHL with 39 assists and is tied for second with 18 power-play assists while ranking fourth with 52 points in 43 games.
The Everblades lead the ECHL on the power play with 22.3 percent (63-for-283) and are second on the penalty kill with 88.3 percent (249-for-282). Florida is second in scoring with 3.98 goals per game and in goals-against average with 2.38. South Carolina is fifth in the league on the power play with 19.9 percent (44-for-221) while ranking fourth with a goals-against average of 2.65 and sixth with 3.21 goals per game.
American Conference - North Division
* Cyclones power play was 27.8 percent (20-for-72) in January.
* Rookie Mark Van Guilder has a nine-game point streak (5g-11a).
* Cyclones host Reading on Tuesday and play at Mississippi on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Mike McLean led Dayton in January with 13 assists and 18 points in 15 games.
* Dan Riedel has 13 points (5g-8a) in his last 13 games.
* Bombers host Reading on Wednesday and Johnstown on Saturday and Sunday and play at Wheeling on Friday.
* Chris Korchinski led the Jackals in January with eight goals and 17 points in nine games.
* Jackals are 14-1-0 when leading after two periods.
* Elmira hosts Johnstown on Friday and Trenton on Sunday and plays at Wheeling on Saturday.
* Petr Pohl has an eight-game point streak (7g-6a) which is the longest by Chief this season.
* Ryan Del Monte leads the Chiefs in plus-minus rating with +17.
* Chiefs are at Elmira on Friday and at Dayton on Saturday and Monday.
* Royals are 10-2-0 when allowing two goals or less and 2-1-0 when allowing on goal or less.
* Chris Stevens has a four-game goal streak (4g) and a four-game point streak (4g-3a).
* Royals play at Cincinnati on Tuesday, at Dayton on Wednesday and at Trenton on Friday and Saturday.
* Devils are 14-1-0 when scoring four goals or more.
* Ryan Gunderson led ECHL defensemen in January with 13 assists.
* Devils host Reading on Friday and Saturday and play at Elmira on Sunday.
* Nailers lead the ECHL in scoring with 4.02 goals per game.
* Wheeling native Bryan Ewing leads the ECHL with 60 points (29g-31a).
* Nailers host Dayton on Friday and Elmira on Saturday.
American Conference - South Division
* Brad Ralph has a six-game point streak (3g-5a).
* Rookies David Rutherford and Mike Taylor are tied for team lead with four game-winning goals.
* Checkers host Gwinnett on Thursday and Florida on Sunday and play at Gwinnett on Saturday.
* Everblades lead the league on the power play with 22.3 percent (63-for-283) and are second on the penalty kill with 88.3 percent (249-for-282).
* David Leggio is 8-0-0 with two shutouts and a goals-against average of 1.50 in his last eight games.
* Everblades host South Carolina on Tuesday and Wednesday and play at South Carolina on Friday and Saturday.
* Tom Zanoski has two points (1g-1a) in his first two games since being acquired from Dayton on Jan. 30.
* Joe Fallon set career high with 49 saves in 3-2 overtime win against South Carolina on Jan. 27.
* Gladiators play at Mississippi on Wednesday and at Charlotte on Thursday before hosting Charlotte on Saturday.
Mississippi Sea Wolves
* Sea Wolves host second annual Pink In The Rink game on Saturday.
* Mississippi is 3-3-0 against the North Division this season.
* Sea Wolves host Gwinnett on Wednesday and Cincinnati on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* Stingrays are fourth in the league with a goals-against average of 2.65.
* Brad Farynuk is second among ECHL defensemen with six power-play goals.
* Stingrays play at Florida on Tuesday and Wednesday and host Florida on Friday and Saturday.
National Conference - Pacific Division
* Condors are seventh in the league with 32.68 shots per game.
* Dave Bonk (5g-1a) and Matt Pope (2g-3a) each have a five-game point streak.
* Condors play at Las Vegas on Monday and host Idaho on Wednesday and Saturday and Alaska on Friday.
Las Vegas Wranglers
* Peter Ferraro has nine goals in his last 10 games.
* Defenseman Dan Spang has six assists in his first five games with the Wranglers.
* Wranglers host Bakersfield on Monday and play at Victoria on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Reign are seventh in the ECHL with a goals-against average of 2.74.
* John Murray leads the ECHL with four shootout wins.
* Reign play at Phoenix on Tuesday and host Stockton on Friday and Alaska on Saturday.
* Thunder is 10-3-1 under head coach Matt Thomas.
* Rookie Andrew Perugini is 5-0-0 with a shutout and a goals-against average of 1.97 in his last five starts.
* Thunder host Alaska on Wednesday and Sunday and play at Ontario on Friday.
National Conference - West Division
* Aces have won their last six home games to improve to 17-5-1 this season at Sullivan Arena.
* Brett Hemingway leads Alaska in the last five games with seven assists and eight points.
* Aces are at Stockton on Wednesday and Sunday, at Bakersfield on Friday and at Ontario on Saturday.
*Steelheads are 4-1-1 with two shootout wins and two overtime wins in their last six games.
* Rookie Kris Sparre has a three-game point streak (4g-4a).
* Steelheads play at Bakersfield on Wednesday and Saturday and at Stockton on Monday.
* RoadRunners have 13 home wins, two shy of their club record.
* Rookie P.J. Fenton has eight goals and nine points in nine games.
* RoadRunners host Ontario on Tuesday and play at Utah on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Grizzlies are 2-0-7 in their last nine games.
* Tim Verbeek has eight goals and 10 points in his last nine games.
* Grizzlies host Phoenix on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Victoria Salmon Kings
* Salmon Kings tied team record with 12 home wins in a row from Dec. 9, 2008-Jan. 27, 2009.
* Todd Ford is 10-0-1 with three shutouts and a goals-against average of 1.52 in his last 11 games.
* Salmon Kings host Las Vegas on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.