Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Who is the best fighter? > hockeyfights.com Season Awards
bound

View Poll Results: Best Enforcing Team
Anaheim Ducks 156 29.49%
Calgary Flames 135 25.52%
Minnesota Wild 112 21.17%
Philadelphia Flyers 105 19.85%
St. Louis Blues 13 2.46%
Vancouver Canucks 8 1.51%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44_ View Post
It was pretty close between Philly and Anahiem for me, but i picked Anahiem even though it was a homer pick i think they deserved it. They led the league in PIM's again thise year and they had alot of players on there team who where always willing to fight.

Philly isnt tough, their just dirty. Their best player is dirty (watch Briere in the playoffs). And they lead the league in suspensions. Yea, I hate them because I'm a pens fan, but i also hate them because they're the dirtiest team in the league. Anaheim is the toughest

plain and simple
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Boston not being on this poll is an absolute farce! Disgusting!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugden Flu View Post
you mean the team whose captain didnt want to retaliate for his teammate being injured and instead wanted to let the league handle it?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugden Flu View Post
Boston had a tough squad, but c'mon now, two of their guys' faces are plastered into the boards, rendering them useless for the rest of the season and nothing is done about it. I don't even have to rbing up Zdeno Chara's quote, bottom line is that they had one of the toughest lineups in the league, but they didn't enforce well.

- RIP George Carlin
Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Minny gets this one for me. Boogey takes Parros, Simon takes May, Fedrouk hangs with Moen and Voros picks up O'Donnell.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARCY T View Post
i vote for flyers.
and i would nominate bruins instead of flames for sure.i dont really see reason why flames r here.i wouldnt even choose them over stars.godard didnt have impressive season at all imo and he is one of my favourite.
Huh??? The Flames led the league in FMs, have a legit HW, and an abundance of MW that will go - Iggy, Phaneuf, Nystrom, Nolan, and Vandy at the end of the year. They shouldn't even be on the list?

They would kick the sh!t out of the Bruins and were one of the top two in terms of enforcing teams (with the Ducks).

I chose the Flames by a whisker over the Ducks. The loss of Thorton and the 'Stache losing a lot of tilts this year hurt the Ducks IMO, but they deserve a ton of credit because they laid the groundwork for increase in FMs this year.

Can't wait until next year.......
Old 05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Hall of Famer

I picked the Canucks.They have a ton of guys that fight.Even though one of them is Cowan.Rypien and McIver were very exciting young fighters to come along this year.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Minor Leaguer

The Bruins were obviously not the best enforcing team (the whole Philly cheapshot incidents), but they at least deserved a nomination. They went out and got Thornton, called up Lucic, and encouraged Chara to drop the gloves, I mean they at least took steps to make themselves a better enforcing team and they did.

Also, if you have both a Canadiens fan and a Philly fan saying the Bruins should have been nominated, then they should have been nominated lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowboardinmatt For This Useful Post:
Sugden Flu (05-22-2008)
Old 05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Amazingly close race. the Ducks have 1 vote on Calgary. Closest I've seen in any of the polls.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStreetBullies View Post
Boston had a tough squad, but c'mon now, two of their guys' faces are plastered into the boards, rendering them useless for the rest of the season and nothing is done about it. I don't even have to rbing up Zdeno Chara's quote, bottom line is that they had one of the toughest lineups in the league, but they didn't enforce well.
Don't you think that the nominees for "The Best Enforcing Team" should at least carry an enforcer? Vancouver? This poll is pathetic! Bruins players "enforced" on many occasions during the season. The cheapshot hits by Philly were not the only incidents involving rough play with Boston. Some of these retarded Philly fans really put a damper on these threads.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Went with my hometown Flyers on this. Yeah, I am definitely biased.
"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way." from Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the Western Sky
Old 05-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Again, another very tough vote. I went with Calgary as they seem to have the most well rounded tough team. Tough on defense and offense and throw in a dedicated enforcer like Godard and they are one tough team.

Anaheim is deserving but they need to retool a bit.

Only knock on Calgary is that some of their players like Iginla and Phaneuf wear the visors and fight quite often and I personally can't stand that.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Minor Leaguer

How did the Flyers get on this list? Everytime I watched a Philly game Cote was getting his ass handed to him, Boulerice got punched into the minors and Downey is a "spot picker'. Sorry but I rank them near the bottom!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Pro

Anaheim.

People voting Philly are either homers, or stupid.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Hall of Famer

If it wasn't for injuries to Shawn Thornton, Andrew Alberts and Milan Lucic in the middle of the season, the Bruins' fight totals would have been much higher. Boston should definitely have been a nominee over the frigging Canucks.

Oh well, I voted for Calgary.
Closed Thread