Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Who is the best fighter? > hockeyfights.com Season Awards

View Poll Results: Biggest Let-down
Eric Boulton (ATL) 60 6.55%
Zdeno Chara (BOS) 171 18.67%
Todd Fedoruk (ANA/PHI) 391 42.69%
Barret Jackman (STL) 27 2.95%
Georges Laraque (PHX/PIT) 183 19.98%
Chris Simon (NYI) 84 9.17%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Rookie

Sorry Fridge. You used to be a favorite, but what a terrible season. It's almost like you thought you were going to evolve into a skill player and were totally unprepared to fight anymore. This off-season, why don't you work the bag and spar instead of working on your shoot-out move.
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Super All-Star

Too me it was Chara. Because it really let me down that he didn't even have one fight. As I love watching Chara fight and was expecting 4-5 out of him but he responded with 0.

1# Laraque 2# Brashear 3# Boogaard 4# McGrattan
5# Peters 6# Belak 7# Orr 8# Godard
9# King 10# Ivanans.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Coach

Homer pick-Chris Simon. 5 friggin fights this year. YUK!

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
All-Star

As much as I like Fridge, that Boogey punch made him more
of a defensive fighter which gets you no where in this leauge.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Veteran

write in vote: Wade Brookbank, I know he didnt spend much time in the NHL but when he signed with the Bruins people, including myself, were saying he would be comback fighter of the year and rack up the fighting majors. Other than getting beat by Chris Neil he didnt seem intrested in fighting and got shipped out, big dissapointment for bruins fans
Old 04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Fridge tried. Chara didn't he gets my vote.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Hall of Famer

went with BGL , hard to see a possible champ NOT F**KING FIGHT!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Hall of Famer

I went with Chris Simon based upon how many games he played. He had no excuses. Fedoruk was injured, Boulton had limited minutes/scratched. Jackman played 80 games with 4 fights-disappointing?Yes, but has he ever taken on the official enforcer role? Laraque was a real close number 1 bummer for me also with 73 games played, and his attitude outlook he had in Phoenix, but his takedown style of fighting wasn't really a surprise. Simon played in 67 games with only 5 fights, and hacked Hollweg in a bone-head manuever that put him on the pine for the rest of the season just when the Isles were beginning to drive for the playoffs when they could have used him. Some may Simon was/wasn't a teams designated enforcer, but either way-his lack of fighting activity combined with all the games he played made the choice easy.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Im going to have to say Laraque, he didn't impress me at all this year.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Minor Leaguer

Todd Fedoruk had one of the worst years in enforcer history. So bad that he may not get picked up by any team next year.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Surprised by the amount of votes for Fedoruk. At least he showed up. Chara was a no show and got the vote he deserves from me.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes McSnipes View Post
I voted for Laraque. I expected more out of the "champ". It seemed like he never wanted to fight. Not a great year from him, even though he still has the belt.

I don't view Fedoruk as a let-down really. It's not all his fault, in my opinion. He got his face broken after a KO from Boogaard, so of course he wasn't going to be the same. And then when you get KO'ed again, it's hard to return to your old form as a fighter. I feel sorry for the Fridge. He tried, it was just a rough year. How is he a "let-down"? He couldn't fight for a while after getting his face broken, but people on here kept ragging on him. Lay off. I bet none of you guys would fight more than 5 times for the rest of your life after getting your face broken by Boogaard.
Thats what i was thinking. Federuk wasnt a let down at all. He accepted all challenges even after the broke face. He lossed pretty much all of em but that not a let down. Having a guy who everyone hails as the King not even bother to throw punches, thats a let down. Top guy and most boring. To be honest, I didnt get hyped for ANY of BGLs fights or anticipate them. But enough about what I have to say, ya seen what Pheonix did with him.

Retarded is tarded..... twice
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Fridge, in fights he wasent getting koed he didnt look like he even wanted to fight. Tough year.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
All-Star

Z. Chara...0 majors...nothing more needs to be said. He is the winner IMO.
How he managed to accomplish this feat is truly amazing to me...Can it get any worse for Bruins fans?

Honorable mention goes to BGL...Mr. Nice guy...who has no interest in defending his teammates, has ridiculous total of 8 majors, and is complaining about playing time, yet does nothing when he plays. I can't wait for the day when someone knocks this guy on his ass.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Minor Leaguer

Laraque is the letdown of the year, first the " self proclaimed " champ doesn't fight anybody credible, second he barely fought at all, no one is afraid of him

Jody Shelley is God
Closed Thread