Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Worcester at Hershey 1/6/13

Bracken Kearns vs Steve Oleksy - YouTube
Enforcing via cheap shots isn't enforcing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RayzorEdge For This Useful Post:
born to rage (01-09-2013), D Y B FLYERS (01-07-2013), FistofFury (01-06-2013), Humpzilla (01-07-2013), IhateLindros (01-07-2013), Mclaren14 (01-06-2013), Phillyfan11 (01-07-2013), SyrCrunch11 (01-06-2013)
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
All-Star

Thought it would be either McLaren or Pelech that would fight Oleksy...but damn did Kearns do a good job, for not fighting often he can def handle himself
Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Hall of Famer

This was I believe a response as Oleksy had a huge hit early in the first period on a Shark right at the blue line/Hershey bench. As well as Oleksy trying to fire up a lifeless team. I'm not sure if Kearns was the guy he hit or not but he was looking to cause pain in this scrap. Loved that body shot with the right, where Oleksy then responded with his right opening things up for Kearns' to throw a couple lefts.

Also, feel bad for Oleksy, guys the only one dressed anymore who can do anything. Mitchell gets tuned up most fights, Berry just got demoted, Wellar's in Reading too, and they scratch Clackson. Unless they plan to recall Paquette sometime soon, fans in Hershey aren't going to be happy with this team in any facet.
Mclaren14 (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Hall of Famer

I don't see paquette leaving reading until his discipline in better
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan11 View Post
This was I believe a response as Oleksy had a huge hit early in the first period on a Shark right at the blue line/Hershey bench. As well as Oleksy trying to fire up a lifeless team. I'm not sure if Kearns was the guy he hit or not but he was looking to cause pain in this scrap. Loved that body shot with the right, where Oleksy then responded with his right opening things up for Kearns' to throw a couple lefts.

Also, feel bad for Oleksy, guys the only one dressed anymore who can do anything. Mitchell gets tuned up most fights, Berry just got demoted, Wellar's in Reading too, and they scratch Clackson. Unless they plan to recall Paquette sometime soon, fans in Hershey aren't going to be happy with this team in any facet.
Worst part is Hershey fans were spoiled with Amadio and Rechlicz in the past and now they are lacking in the "guy that would go any night" dept.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Hall of Famer

The Following User Says Thank You to Humpzilla For This Useful Post:
Phillyfan11 (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateLindros View Post
Worst part is Hershey fans were spoiled with Amadio and Rechlicz in the past and now they are lacking in the "guy that would go any night" dept.
Yeah. The funny thing is Reading's in the top 5 in scraps in the ECHL with guys that are very capable AHL players but yet Hershey wants to play with soft guys. Even more, based on what I'm seeing, I think the guys in Reading are just fine there as that team is winning and playing tough hockey as well.

I can't believe French would switch the way he has his lineups and go soft after being one of the toughest teams in the league the past few years.

Who knows.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Super All-Star

I was at the game and happened to be sitting on the end of the ice where the fight happened. As Oleksy skated up to the circle for the face off he shouldered Kearns. Kearsn looked at Oleksy, gave him the head shake and looked to say wanna go or lets go. Oleksy shook his head yes. So Oleksy is the one that wanted this fight.

As a spoiled Hershey fan for the last several years having not only a great team but some tp notch toughness along with it. Now this year we have a mediocre team at best that painfull to watch for a fan of tough hockey. This game was the most aggresive I've seen the Beas play this year in the 4 games I've been to (and that's not saying much).

Unfortunately the Hershey fans are terribly loyal and continue to put 10,000 fans a night in the seats. So if the team can win games even without toughness I would imagine that's the way it will be for a while. Since Washington has gone the soft route for the last two years I've kind of expected this to trickle down to Hershey at some point. It appears that point is now.

The games I've been to at this point have all been with free tickets. If they continue to play the way they've been so far I won't spend any of my money to go watch.