hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   AHL (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Syracuse at Norfolk 1/5/13 (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f44/syracuse-norfolk-1-5-13-a-180739/)

RayzorEdge 01-06-2013 12:36 AM

Syracuse at Norfolk 1/5/13

Jared Nightingale vs John Kurtz - YouTube

Eric Neilson vs Jay Rosehill prefight...

Eric Neilson vs Jay Rosehill - YouTube

Richard Panik vs Peter Holland - YouTube

FistofFury 01-06-2013 12:41 AM

What a fight. Too bad the linesmen were so eager to get in between.

wayne19 01-06-2013 12:43 AM

Rose hill was pissed at the linesmen for stopping the fight

Phillyfan11 01-06-2013 01:01 AM

who's doin color commentary here?

Humpzilla 01-06-2013 09:13 AM

These two teams should be forced to play each other every week. Awesome stuff

wayne19 01-06-2013 10:21 AM

Syracuse came in this weekend saying how they want to come back to play here.
The Syracuse players saying their rink is to small, they called Syracuse Siberia-cues. They also said in Norfolk they all lived together but in Syracuse they are spread all over the city. They skateboared to the arena where they can't in Syracuse. Also how they were all going to their old stomping grounds and hang out with the fans.

That pissed off the current admirals saying they need to stop acting like this is a family reunion and realize they are not coming back here. The admirals did not like the fact that after Fridays win, Syracuse went to center ice and saluted the fans, a tradition admirals do after a home victory.

I ,myself, could see in the 2 games a little cockiness in Syracuse. All weekend they acted like they were the home team.

The teams play again Saturday in syracuse

sinbin 01-06-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne19 (Post 2540373)
Syracuse came in this weekend saying how they want to come back to play here.
The Syracuse players saying their rink is to small, they called Syracuse Siberia-cues. They also said in Norfolk they all lived together but in Syracuse they are spread all over the city. They skateboared to the arena where they can't in Syracuse. Also how they were all going to their old stomping grounds and hang out with the fans.

That pissed off the current admirals saying they need to stop acting like this is a family reunion and realize they are not coming back here. The admirals did not like the fact that after Fridays win, Syracuse went to center ice and saluted the fans, a tradition admirals do after a home victory.

I ,myself, could see in the 2 games a little cockiness in Syracuse. All weekend they acted like they were the home team.

The teams play again Saturday in syracuse

Very accurate statement, Syracuse University now owns most of the tower apts around downtown so the gereral public are unable to occupy them. I live in Syracuse and have vacationed in VA Beach, Sandbridge Island and Hampton bay area for the last 40 years. I can see why the players miss the Virginia Beach area. Yes our ice is very small and will take some time for the Champs to get use to but im sure they will adjust.

ValJamesRules 01-07-2013 12:12 PM

Yeah, why the hell did the refs break up the Rosie fight? They were still goin'!!!

Phillyfan11 01-07-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne19 (Post 2540373)

That's why they're the champs and best team in the league. You got to have swagger and play thinking you're the best, you're the baddest, and you're the toughest. Nothing wrong with having swag in your game.

And good for Norfolk for being upset about it. So they should. They essentially were playing 2 road games this past weekend in their own rink. This was an opportunity for them to step up and take ownership of them being affiliated in Norfolk now and to in some way burn the bridge between last year's team and their team. How they did, time will tell, but the gist I'm getting is they still love their "Crunch."

ShawnDulin 01-07-2013 01:52 PM

Most the fans can't let go here, its really trifling. I was upset the first couple of days and got the **** over it. **** Tampa, **** Syracuse, **** Yzerman, **** Brisebois. And **** the fans who said "oh its to hard to go to these games so I won't" but then partied with the syracuse guys on granby street saturday night.

RayzorEdge 01-07-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillyfan11 (Post 2540756)
That's why they're the champs and best team in the league. You got to have swagger and play thinking you're the best, you're the baddest, and you're the toughest. Nothing wrong with having swag in your game.

And good for Norfolk for being upset about it. So they should. They essentially were playing 2 road games this past weekend in their own rink. This was an opportunity for them to step up and take ownership of them being affiliated in Norfolk now and to in some way burn the bridge between last year's team and their team. How they did, time will tell, but the gist I'm getting is they still love their "Crunch."

Doesn't surprise me considering Crunch fans I've talked to didn't really like their old team.

mikeas 01-08-2013 01:12 PM

Nightingale got bloodied and left for a while to get stitches I assume.

Linesmen broke up the Rosehill Nielson fight too soon but Rosehill wasn't really getting much done anyway. I'd give the win the Nielson but would have liked to see what was next.

Didn't know Panik had it in him. Panik has some pretty slick moves all around, occasionally if he sees a checker coming he'll duck. Seen him really mess a guy up like that one time.

SyrCrunch11 01-08-2013 02:13 PM

Our old team, Norfolk now, did NOT show any emotion even close to these 2 games that I saw the whole time they were here. This is 10x more than we got, so I don't see how anyone can be hating them.

Panik can dangle, but hes a strong guy when he drops the gloves. Top 3 favorites on the team.

Sukoshi84 01-08-2013 03:04 PM

Much anger by the Norfolk fans, lol.

Win..

Kurtz
Neilson
Panik

Phillyfan11 01-08-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyrCrunch11 (Post 2541188)
Our old team, Norfolk now, did NOT show any emotion even close to these 2 games that I saw the whole time they were here. This is 10x more than we got, so I don't see how anyone can be hating them.

Panik can dangle, but hes a strong guy when he drops the gloves. Top 3 favorites on the team.

Well, I think some of it lies in the coach as well. Norfolk's got a different coach in Yawney.