Old 10-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Veteran

Mike Keane Signs with the Manitoba Moose

The Manitoba Moose, the AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks, announced they have signed three-time Stanley Cup champion forward Mike Keane to a pro tryout contract.

Keane, 38, did not play last season during the National Hockey League lockout. In 2003-04, he played in 64 games with the Canucks, scoring eight goals and 17 points along with 20 penalty minutes. In his illustrious 17-year career, the Winnipeg, MB native has captured three Stanley Cups with the Montreal Canadiens (1993), Colorado Avalanche (1996), and Dallas Stars (1999). In total, he has appeared in 1161 NHL games, scoring 168 goals and 302 assists for 470 points with Montreal, Colorado, Dallas, the New York Rangers, St. Louis, and Vancouver. He has also compiled 881 career penalty minutes. In 220 career NHL playoff games, Keane has collected 34 goals and 40 assists for 74 points and 135 penalty minutes.

Keane began his pro career with the American Hockey League’s Sherbrooke Canadiens where he played in 78 games with 25 goals and 43 assists for 68 points and 70 penalty minutes.

Keane was signed as a free agent by the Montreal Canadiens on September 15th, 1985.

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 10-06-2005 at 04:24 PM. Reason: used release
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
General Manager

I hope this doesn't mean the Canucks are planning or hoping on bringing him up at some point.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29
I hope this doesn't mean the Canucks are planning or hoping on bringing him up at some point.
they cant, hes not signed with them. hes on a try out contract with manitoba, not vancouver
Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartskoal
they cant, hes not signed with them. hes on a try out contract with manitoba, not vancouver
Sure they can. If he does well in Manitoba, since he is part of the organization they can sign him for the minimum and bring him up.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Sure they can. If he does well in Manitoba, since he is part of the organization they can sign him for the minimum and bring him up.
ya the can sign him, but right now they cant bring him up, and im pretty sure they wont sign him seeing as hes only getting a tryout with manitoba. he will play there but he wont get called up, for we wont sign him.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
General Manager

You'd think there would be a few other guys they would call up before trying to sign and call up Keane. Either way I just hope he stays in Manitoba all year.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Veteran

I thought Keane was retiring, he should do so. I don’t really see the point in him taking another guys roster spot, when his career basically is over.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Veteran

Keane is one of my most-hated players of all-time. He was such a cheap piece of sh*t during all those great Dallas-Edmonton playoff games
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella25
Keane is one of my most-hated players of all-time. He was such a cheap piece of sh*t during all those great Dallas-Edmonton playoff games
thats poppycock
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella25
I was there and never saw Keane be cheap. I think he's had a really good career, and I think it's a little sad that he's on a tryout in the minors, instead of just retiring on top.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You'd think there would be a few other guys they would call up before trying to sign and call up Keane. Either way I just hope he stays in Manitoba all year.
He was most likely signed to be the captain for the Moose since Baumgartner is with the Canucks this year.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Mike Keane's 05-06 numbers after him playing in 35 games so far, are only one goal and 5 assists, 44 PIMs.

After having played in no less than 1 381 games in the NHL, I never would have thought I'd see him in the AHL.
I heard he TKO'd Kris Newbury about a week ago. And then they were together again recently on the 6th.
Closed Thread