Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Coach

Saint John vs Shawinigan 5/23/2012

Vote: Vincent Arseneau vs Grant West May 23, 2012
Vincent Arseneau vs Grant West May 23, 2012 ...

Vincent Arseneau vs Grant West

After a very dirty and chippy game had been decided, finally the two teams sent out their tough guys to settle things. Off a face-off at center, West and Arseneau set up things and when the puck drops, so do the mitts. They have a fair square off and come together quickly with both guys throwing hard rights. West throws two more fast rights that hit the back of Arseneau's helmet, and both guys throw a pair of jersey jabs at each other with the lefts. Than both guys throw 3 rights apiece toe to toe in a beauty exhange and I thought West landed better but he lost his balance. As West is trying to right himself, Arseneau lands a solid right and throws another while West was down. Good fight, hard one to call.

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

Last edited by VodkaFish; 05-25-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: vid/link
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
chilly (05-24-2012), cougar fists (05-24-2012), HordiBrusk29 (05-24-2012), ryan whl fan (05-23-2012)
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Coach

Donnelly and Saab were going to fight off the following face-off, but they kicked Donnelly out of the game. Than Racine and Saab nearly fought along the boards and there was a mild skirmish at the end of the game as well... Culminated with Mike Kelly (assistant coach with Saint John) screaming at Veilleux (coach of Shawinigan).

Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Nice end to the game, too bad Donnelly got the boot, and the linesmen had to get between Saab and Racine the next shift.
You and Me, Even after everything
You're the Queen and I'm the King
Nothing else means anything.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 AM
General Manager

Of course I miss all the action as I had to leave the house around the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period.

I must say the 1st period was downright nasty. Some real cheap **** from both teams.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
I must say the 1st period was downright nasty. Some real cheap **** from both teams.
Whatta you expect Hordi, it is the Q we're talkin about
Old 05-24-2012, 05:35 AM
General Manager

Some of the actions made the LNAH look like a kiddie league.

A couple of very high cross checks, which could have easily been two separate major penalties. If this was a regular season game I almost guarantee you there would have been a brawl.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 AM
General Manager

There's been quite a rivalry between these two this season.

One thing this season has shown is there is no-one in junior hockey that whines, bitches and complains at everything more than Saint John. Both team reps and fans.

In 20 years they will still be crying about being overlooked as hosts.

Gerard Gallant has spent all year moaning.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Coach

I'm actually kind of surprised by that, I know Turk pretty well and he's not usually a whiny guy at all. I'm happy he's having some success as well in the Junior leagues. Had a rough go in Columbus.

The funniest thing was seeing mild mannered Mike Kelly up screaming on the boards. Mike ****in Kelly lol! The guy is about as Level as it gets!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
I'm actually kind of surprised by that, I know Turk pretty well and he's not usually a whiny guy at all. I'm happy he's having some success as well in the Junior leagues. Had a rough go in Columbus.

The funniest thing was seeing mild mannered Mike Kelly up screaming on the boards. Mike ****in Kelly lol! The guy is about as Level as it gets!!!
All season every stoppage in play he's at the door wanting to bitch at referees and then moans they've had the short end of the stick for three years!! That's a complete joke.

Gallant has been as bad as Danny Flynn this year for moaning and crying all the time and his bitching is really rubbing off on Sea Dogs fans. Depsite being at the top for three years they never stop crying about something.

I've never know a bunch of fans whinge as much as Saint John fans do and that includes Bathurst.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y Ddraig Goch For This Useful Post:
I like Boobs (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Coach

Hahahaha as bad as Danny Flynn had me crying I was laughing that hard. Nice! I admitedly have been outwest a long time now (almost 10 years!) and I haven't been keeping tabs on the QMJHL as much as I should, mostly just to check up on the Rocket. Very surprised about Turk, but the man has been successful coaching wise.... I hate whining though. Glad to get the full story bud, always count on you for the real low down! Did you see the Morgan Ellis cross check last night? He'd have even gotten five minutes in Tyne Valley for that one! Kid is gonna be a good defenseman I think.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 AM
General Manager

Ellis kind of flew under the radar a bit although this season he certainly has elevated his offensive game.

Maybe playng on Cape Breton really pushed on development as he was forced into playing 30-35 minutes a night and on the top PP unit.

He's been the best defensive D-man in the Q this year and the added offence has been a pleasant surprise.

I prefer Ellis to Beaulieu who a lot of people are high on but Beaulieu really needs some work in his own end and some focus at times. He makes way to many silly giveaways.

Beaulieu can certainly throw them whewn he wants to but he is a big spot picker with it. Be interested to see him actually go with someone legit at some point.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Shawinigan, Saint John fined for fight-filled Memorial Cup game

Quote:
The host Shawinigan Cataractes and defending champion Saint John Sea Dogs have each been fined $2,500 after a game that degenerated into skirmishes at the MasterCard Memorial Cup.

Organizers announced Thursday the teams were fined for “conduct prejudicial to the welfare of the game and the tournament.”

There were also shouting matches between the benches.

In the first period, Arceneau fired a slap shot directly at Saint John’s Stephen MacAuley, but was not penalized.
Think they got that backwards.
Captain Crunch28 (05-24-2012), HordiBrusk29 (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 AM
General Manager

Yeah, you could say that. I don't recall seeing anybody leaving the arena during such a "horrific act". In fact quite the contrary. But let's not acknowledge reality. It's better to pretend nobody enjoyed that.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
Cat Smasher (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Is there a clip of this anywhere? I searched everywhere and missed the tape delay the next day

Tags
grant west, memorial cup, saint john sea dogs, shawinigan cataractes, vincent arseneau