Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Hockey General > Video Clips

Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
6 game suspension for Brashear.

LMAO, so savagely attacking a guy from behind is perfectly acceptable and should be an option sought by more players? OK buddy.... keep in mind this is still ice hockey... not ghetto streetfighting.
this is fighting not dancing with the stars
RIP Probie
The Following User Says Thank You to illukka For This Useful Post:
RetardedChimp (01-17-2013)
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Coach

You guys have your heads up your asses. An incident like this will only fast forward the inevitable end of fighting in hockey. How anyone can be a proponent of such thuggery is beyond me. This is pretty much exactly what Bertuzzi did; you guys probably advocated that as well, huh?
Why fight someone straight up and have an all-out slugfest when you can just suckerpunch him from behind, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
papas1175 (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
No, he is not. The guy is a zombie on skates nowadays. Did you even watch the brawl that ensued after the cheap shot? Did you see how Brashear hugged the other, much smaller guy to death? That's a fight worthy of calling him the best fighter in the league? Laughable.
If someone were to make a Top 10 list for the LNAH, Brashear wouldn't even get an honorable mention. And that's a fact.

Why should Roch jump Brashear for no reason and get fined and suspended for no reason when he can get his point across, and be much more respectable in the process, by doing things like this?:

hockey fight roch vs t.bolduc TKO fight 1 26 oct 2012 - YouTube

hockey fight roch vs lariviere 30 nov 2012 - YouTube

Combat # 24 Gaby Roch (Marquis) vs # 91 Hubert Poulin (Cool FM 103,5) le 5 octobre 2012 - YouTube

Rock----Lessard - YouTube

hockey fight verreault vs gaby roch 24 sept2010.mp4 - YouTube

hockey fight menard vs roch5 nov 2010.mp4 - YouTube

And that's only from the most recent several seasons. He can look a further 5-10 years back into this guy's honorable career for more.
Perhaps you are not very familiar with this league and the players in it. If that is the case, why make outlandish statements about the subject?

An legit nhl heavy would tko. Looks like a good fighter but fights way to opened. He would get knocked out
Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
You guys have your heads up your asses. An incident like this will only fast forward the inevitable end of fighting in hockey. How anyone can be a proponent of such thuggery is beyond me. This is pretty much exactly what Bertuzzi did; you guys probably advocated that as well, huh?
Why fight someone straight up and have an all-out slugfest when you can just suckerpunch him from behind, right?
Agreed, what brashear did seems even worse disregarding the fact that Roch was fine and Moore was injured badly. First Parker is trying to get Brashear to go off the draw and Brash skates away. Brashear is skating around the net and again Parker goes right for him and challenges him, Brash skates away sees Roch and clocks him right in front of Parker. When him and Parker fight, he makes a very obvious bail making Parker lose balance. The fight's over then Brashear climbs on top of him and tries to get some in. Hard to respect a guy who pulls something like that
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
This is the LNAH...who's watching, lol?

I highly doubt anyone but hardcore hockey fans even knows this happened.
solidus12 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
This is the LNAH...who's watching, lol?

I highly doubt anyone but hardcore hockey fans even knows this happened.
no it was all over generalist television in the few days after it happenned just to get the debate on fighting in hockey going again, were not in ****ing ohio, everything related to hockey here is in the news
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
No, he is not. The guy is a zombie on skates nowadays. Did you even watch the brawl that ensued after the cheap shot? Did you see how Brashear hugged the other, much smaller guy to death? That's a fight worthy of calling him the best fighter in the league? Laughable.
If someone were to make a Top 10 list for the LNAH, Brashear wouldn't even get an honorable mention. And that's a fact.

Why should Roch jump Brashear for no reason and get fined and suspended for no reason when he can get his point across, and be much more respectable in the process, by doing things like this?:

hockey fight roch vs t.bolduc TKO fight 1 26 oct 2012 - YouTube

hockey fight roch vs lariviere 30 nov 2012 - YouTube

Combat # 24 Gaby Roch (Marquis) vs # 91 Hubert Poulin (Cool FM 103,5) le 5 octobre 2012 - YouTube

Rock----Lessard - YouTube

hockey fight verreault vs gaby roch 24 sept2010.mp4 - YouTube

hockey fight menard vs roch5 nov 2010.mp4 - YouTube

And that's only from the most recent several seasons. He can look a further 5-10 years back into this guy's honorable career for more.
Perhaps you are not very familiar with this league and the players in it. If that is the case, why make outlandish statements about the subject?
Actually i'm pretty aware of what the LNAH is all about. It's what hockey players call a "gong show" in other words a circus, etc...

Im aware that there are some good players and fighters that come and go. Im also aware that the reason they are playing their is that no other professional league wants them.

Im aware some guys live at the home rink they play in during the season and some guys work part-time jobs to make ends meat. Still sound "outlandish"?

As for the footage you showed it just gives me even more reason to think that if Brashear found his nutsack and went ape ****t for 30 seconds he would destroy that dude. He's there and it's obvious that he is just collecting a paycheck. The guy Roch tko'd (buldic) are we sure that isn't Tito Jackson or one one Jackson Five. and the others are all career minor league tough guys, tough but all lack the skill and size. Could Roch beat Brashear? Ya if Brash took him real light and got caught. Otherwise im not buying it.

I do not like or am I a fan of Brashear and if you read my first post hear I claimed it was a dirty Bertuzzi like incident. I don't understand your logic though becasue outside of fight fans most hockey people either don't know or could care less about the LNAH.

Last edited by rondo; 01-16-2013 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rondo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan1122 View Post
no it was all over generalist television in the few days after it happenned just to get the debate on fighting in hockey going again, were not in ****ing ohio, everything related to hockey here is in the news
right. in places that actually matter, no one noticed.
dustin1991 (01-19-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm not offended by what Brashear did, that's all fine and good.

Just be consistent, don't cry when somebody else crosses the line.

Anything goes......
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Can anyone here post without acting like a drama queen?
No, no they cannot.

Stop the presses! Mean ol' Brashear gooned a goon in a goon league. This is unheard of in the LNAH and must be stopped! Think of the children!

If someone jumps Brashear, so be it. He obviously deserves it, of course his retaliation to whoever tries it would probably be worse, but that's the way sending messages works - the tougher team/players usually come out on top. If people don't like it, too bad, get a tougher team and try again.

At the very least it would be entertaining to see all the hypocritical haters whining in this thread suddenly revert to 'tough hockey is great!' mode (like they do when a different enforcer sends a message).

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetardedChimp For This Useful Post:
solidus12 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Coach

It's just kind of typical of Brashear and his career. Avoid a guy that can hurt him, jump a guy from behind and than turtle/bail when he's in trouble than celebrate like he did something great. It's hard to respect a guy like this and it's the type of thing he was famous (and hated) for doing throughout his NHL career.

Testicular fortitude is one of the missing tools in Brashear's toolbox.

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

The Following User Says Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
RayzorEdge (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
It's just kind of typical of Brashear and his career. Avoid a guy that can hurt him, jump a guy from behind and than turtle/bail when he's in trouble than celebrate like he did something great. It's hard to respect a guy like this and it's the type of thing he was famous (and hated) for doing throughout his NHL career.

He had one of the best careers ever for an enforcer, not only in terms of his fight card (which only Probert really has a better one), but also in terms of success. It seems to me that people hate him because he's embarrassed their favorite fighter and bragged about it afterwards, big deal. Anyways, he's 41 years old now and still active! That alone should be respected, and in THE goon league, too. Guy had an outstanding career.
The Following User Says Thank You to solidus12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus12 View Post
Are you joking, or are you slow?
Are you stupid, simple, or slow. pick three
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus12 View Post
He had one of the best careers ever for an enforcer, not only in terms of his fight card (which only Probert really has a better one), but also in terms of success. It seems to me that people hate him because he's embarrassed their favorite fighter and bragged about it afterwards, big deal. Anyways, he's 41 years old now and still active! That alone should be respected, and in THE goon league, too. Guy had an outstanding career.
Never knocked his career, I said this incident was typical of what he did in the NHL, and why people disliked him. And let's just straighten out the fact that's he's still "active" in the NAHL.

He's "fought" Julien Ellis (one career fight), Cody Doucette twice after sucker punching him like a chicken **** - one of those fights was nothing and the other was a jumping by Brashear, Simon Poirier (where he didn't do much) and this sucker punch/Avoid Parker/Turtle show... That's all he's done over the past 3 years. That's neither "active" or impressive.

He's basically Jim Korn now, and I wouldn't be defending his LNAH days. It's 800% not solid, IMO T.

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
blackngold (01-17-2013), dustin1991 (01-19-2013), Humpzilla (01-17-2013), pesadillamal (01-19-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post

I truly believe he just enjoys being a dick, lol. I think he likes playing toughest guy on the ice one minute, and yapping, diving agitator the next. He played the game like a school yard bully, who enjoyed goading people as much as fighting them.

It didn't diminish his fighting skills when he felt like fighting, which was top 3 all time.