NHL 10 Giveaway
NHL 10 was released last week to great fanfare and amazing reviews.
For those of you who haven't actually bought the game yet, we're going to do a giveaway.
First, a little something about the game if you haven't checked it out yet. You're on this site, so here are some of the new features that you gotta like:
* Battle on the Boards - A new board play physics engine lets you shield the puck with your body along the boards, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin an opponent, adding a new level of realism to cycling the puck and the dump and chase. AI teammates will support the puck and help you win the battle as fans bang on the glass.
* Intimidation Tactics - Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes. Players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure. Face wash a superstar to provoke the opposition, instigate a scrum and ignite the crowd.
* Post-Whistle Action - Now, the game never stops! Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties and pick fights-all after the referee blows the whistle!
* New 1st Person Fighting Engine - Change the momentum of a game by trading blows with an NHL enforcer with all-new first-person fighting. Grab and tug an opponent's jersey to land a big punch.
* Be a Tough Guy-Play as your team's tough guy. It is your job to protect your superstars, fight when needed, and finish all checks. The enhanced Be a Pro mode also includes a prospects game before heading to the draft and watching your name appear on the NHL draft board.
Don't want to read? No problem, here's a vid of Zack Stortini talking about how he views some of the new fighting features of NHL 10:
How to enter? Simple: make a post in the forum thread about the giveaway or become a fan of hockeyfights.com on Facebook. That's it. And yes, you can do both. Already a fan of hockeyfights.com on Facebook? You're already entered.
Don't want to wait? Buy the game now for PS3 or Xbox 360
Let me spell out the giveaway rules some more:
* You can only enter each type of giveaway once. Duplicate entries will lead to the person being disqualified.
* The same person cannot win both giveaways.
* Entrant must be 13 years old or older.
* Forum leaders cannot enter.
* Prize: One NHL 10 game for the system of the winners' choosing (PS3 or Xbox 360) for each giveaway (2 in total).
* Valid entries will be taken up until 12:00AM Eastern October 2, 2009 (so Thursday, October 1, 2009 is the last day to enter). Winners will be chosen at random on Friday, October 2, 2009. I will post the winners' name here in the forums and on the front of the website.
* Winners will be contacted by email. You must have a legitimate email address in order to win. Winners will need to choose which system (PS3 or Xbox 360) they want the game for.
* Winner will need to provide address and phone number.
* Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other item you've ever seen in your entire life. If you don't want the game, don't enter.
* The game must be available for purchase in your country for you to be able to enter. If it's not, I'd suggest moving.
* You have to be a member to post in the forums. If you're not a member already, sign up here.
Enter the giveaway on the forums
Become a fan of hockeyfights.com on Facebook
Fine print: One of a variety of things can cause a delay in an announcement of the winner, including, but not exclusive to: fire, floods, the people dumb enough to greenlight 10,000 B.C., Sean Avery comments about your girlfriend and bears. Lots and lots of bears.
Congrats to the winners!
RIP to the members of the KHL Lokomotiv team. Your deaths came much too early.
2-time NHL GTF champ and one-time AHL GTF champ. I'll be back to re-claim my championships in 2011-12.
Homer J. Simpson: I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and 3 money?