Owner

Size Up Your Game

Size Up Your Game
by P.J. Stock
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Minor Leaguer

Come Back

What he needs to do is come back and play. He needs to put some of these guys back in their place...lol.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Minor Leaguer

Miss the A##kicker

I was wondering wear #42 in the Black and gold was these days? Good to see your doing well, miss seeing you on the ice for the B's. Always a fan favorite!!

Signed,
Long time Bruins fan from North Dakota and a forever member of the PJSTOCK CREW!!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Hall of Famer

what an amazing guy. i am also a lifetime member of the crew. #42 ass kicker. he had more heart than most anyone that laces em up. not the biggest guy out there by any means and he would throw with anyone for his team and for the fans. miss him on the ice.

- George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Hall of Famer

It's great to read anything written by PJ Stock. He was the best thing to happen to the Bruins since Lyndon Byers. I'm going to try to find a Wolfpack game on the idiot box to hear his analysis. If this article were to fight the Matt Barnaby interview which do you think would win?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro

-Great article thanks...Stock was awesome, literally all heart, and tough as hell..
Old 03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Clever admin title

Great job PJ! Thanks for all your efforts through your career and for this excellent contribution to our website.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
All-Star

Great article. I'd like to see an interview with him (like Tim Hunter's and Matthew Barnaby's).
Old 03-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Hall of Famer

If it was anything like the fight they had when Barnaby was with the Rangers, I'd say PJ's article gets the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom
It's great to read anything written by PJ Stock. He was the best thing to happen to the Bruins since Lyndon Byers. I'm going to try to find a Wolfpack game on the idiot box to hear his analysis. If this article were to fight the Matt Barnaby interview which do you think would win?
Old 03-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Super All-Star

Thanks for the article PJ!

BTW guys, PJ writes a blog for Eklund's site (www.hockeybuzz.com). IMO it's the most amusing and wisest hockey blog I've read on that or other sites. There are many good hockey writers, but PJ is a refreshing change from canned "professional" journalism. He is real, and he has been there in the NHL front lines. Evidently, Stocker's pen is as mighty as his giant hockey heart!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Great article!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Minor Leaguer

this is great stuff

this a great addition to the site! Stock really focuses on the positives in life and illustrates the importance of humility in order to be successful. really good stuff! I would also like to see a Q & A with Stock. Thanks for the post!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Good article.
True and to the point.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Minor Leaguer

You Rock!

I know I sent an email before... but just as an additive... you rock, babe! You pointed out Chelios as one of your idols... the guy is 44, captain of the olympic team... That's heart! Most professional atheletes are hanging it up in their late 30's or early 40's... Chris is still out there competing with the young bucks! (If you think that's easy, take up a foot-race with your local 18/19 year old jock).

Thank God for hockey!... The last sport left for middle-sized white guys...hahaha. Maybe my priorities are wrong (by YOUR standards)... but I've lost more sleep over hockey games than my last divorce..hahaha...

Keep your stick on the ice!

Chris
Old 03-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Pro

Thanks for the article PJ. Few know what sacrifice it takes to play professionally and the many that have made equal sacrifices only to fall short. You are among friends on this site. We admire that part of the game. No one would replace the toothless smile of Stanly Cup Champions of the past for the Gold Bracelet wearing free agents of today. We respect the talent of this game. But talent without heart is worthless. As a fan we want to see it night in and night out for two points, no nights off.

That's why we Cheer for players like you. Thank you for making hockey watchable.