Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Clever admin title

Manny retorting with a very cowardice remark:
"I'll talk to Bob Arum and discuss what's best to do."

Bob Arum with 2 more excuses why May 5th doesn't work for Manny:
-MGM isn't big enough and a temp stadium can't be guaranteed by May 5th, but "possibly" late May
-Floyd hasn't come out and said I want to fight Manny on May 5th.

I guess Bob Arum can't read that Floyd's done nothing but ask for Manny on May 5th.

I still say it doesn't happen on May 5th, in part because of an excuse Bob Arum has yet to conjure up.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Bute has to be the biggest super middleweights I have seen, he must cut alot of weight because he easily looks over 180 by fight time.

"Sut ma Dit" - Mike Tyson

Godspeed Mr. Iommi, May you slay Cancer and send it to Hell!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2,5,10GameMatch For This Useful Post:
flex_buff_chest (01-12-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2,5,10GameMatch View Post
Bute has to be the biggest super middleweights I have seen, he must cut alot of weight because he easily looks over 180 by fight time.
I would say he weighs closer to 185-190 by fight time. Super middle is 168, not hard for them to put on 20 lbs by fight night.

Bute vs Froch should give us a real good feel of how Bute really is.

I have not really seen Ward lose a round badly.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
Manny retorting with a very cowardice remark:
"I'll talk to Bob Arum and discuss what's best to do."

Bob Arum with 2 more excuses why May 5th doesn't work for Manny:
-MGM isn't big enough and a temp stadium can't be guaranteed by May 5th, but "possibly" late May
-Floyd hasn't come out and said I want to fight Manny on May 5th.

I guess Bob Arum can't read that Floyd's done nothing but ask for Manny on May 5th.

I still say it doesn't happen on May 5th, in part because of an excuse Bob Arum has yet to conjure up.
Arum and his idea for this dumb ass temp stadium. Talking about leaving 20 million on the tabel because of the size of the arena.

The truth is he feels he leaving the money on the table because he is not the company generating 100% of the money. Instead he has to share it. People are not dumb Bob! Multiple investment firms are fighting to pledge 100+ million dollars on this fight happening and we are getting excuses about a stadium not being big enough, Manny needs more time to heal, and so on.

Manny needs to be his own man and demand the fight with Floyd gets made.

Manny needs to realize Bob Arum and Top Rank works for him and that he doesn't work for Bob.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Floyd is not going to jail until after his fight in May. Arum is ducking. He is not ready to cash Manny out.

Jmm 4 will be the same as the first 3, but will be tougher to make because Jmm does not want to fight PAC in Vegas. He doesn't feel he can get a fair dec.

Peterson has a very good shot at the fight if he wants to sign with Top Rank because h is a hot name.

I think Bradley is the toughest competition abd signed with Top Rank for this fight.

Mayweather's two opponents are either Canelo or Guerarro. Both Mexican for the May 5th date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Mayweather continues his assault on Manny. Twitter....

"Manny Pacquiao I am calling you out. Let's fight on May 5th and give the world what they want to see. My jail sentence was pushed backed because the date was locked in. Step up punk," Mayweather wrote.
Good to hear. This will be a great year for boxing if this happens.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Mayweather fires another salvo.

"My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk."

Best tweet ever, is going to Jail but calling someone else a punk! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
thruby (01-10-2012)
Old 01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Clever admin title

All is quiet from Manny and Bob Arum after Mayweather's tirade yesterday.

I'll give it to Floyd, he's doing whatever he has to in order to get the fight made. But, as we seen last time with his racist rant, Manny seems utterly uninterested in retaliating or making Floyd pay for those in the ring.

Last note on the whole situation, is Manny's next opponent, is set to be named by weeks' end - if it's going to be one of the 4 from before.

The issue I'm seeing with Floyd's May 5th fight, is it really boils down to Manny, Canelo or Guerrero. It's clear he wants a Mexican fighter for Cinco de Mayo, but there really aren't any marquee 147lb Mexicans right now. There are some 140's and 154's, and that's about it.

I still doubt the fight gets made because of Bob Arum. But at least we can talk about it.

Couple of other fights finalized for next month (which is shaping up to be ****ing awesome):
Paul "The Punisher" Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida
Tavoris "Thunder" Cloud vs. Gabe Campillo

These will be on Showtime on 2/18. Chris Arreola is slated for the card as well, but no opponent is set. This is all per Dan Goossen promotions.
MN Wild Team Forum

Last edited by JKidd; 01-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
Daaaa B's (01-11-2012)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Clever admin title

Bob Arum still not bending to make this fight happen when Floyd is available. Stating late May or early June are the ONLY options available for the fight.

It's a no on May 5th.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

God damn do I hate Bob Arum with a passion.

Why don't they use UNLV?
MN Wild Team Forum

Last edited by JKidd; 01-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Five months isn't enough to get ready for a fight? Really?

This is just silly. By the time they fight they will be so far past their prime it will be a non event.

It'll be like Roy Jones VS Trinidad
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Bob Arum still not bending to make this fight happen when Floyd is available. Stating late May or early June are the ONLY options available for the fight.

It's a no on May 5th.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

God damn do I hate Bob Arum with a passion.

Why don't they use UNLV?
They won't use the Thomas and Mack center because it is off the strip. The money is on the strip and the Venue is not what would hold up the deal. Arum said he would do the MGM in late May. Probably the 26th. They can make the money charging $75 ppv fees, enormous closed circuit fees, and movie theatre money.

This is strictly about ego's. Although Floyd wants a guarenteed purse so Golden Boy might have to step up the plate.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Clever admin title

Huge fight made for across the pond.
Kell Brook vs. Matthew Hatton

This is a huge step up for Brook. Hatton is a good boxer, and very experienced... things he's yet to face, all with minimal power risk, so it's a safe pick in that regard.

The bout is set for 3/17 in Sheffield. As we get closer I'll get streams together for those interested.
MN Wild Team Forum
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Huge fight made for across the pond.
Kell Brook vs. Matthew Hatton

This is a huge step up for Brook. Hatton is a good boxer, and very experienced... things he's yet to face, all with minimal power risk, so it's a safe pick in that regard.

The bout is set for 3/17 in Sheffield. As we get closer I'll get streams together for those interested.
Was announced Thursday, was going to post but forgot.. it's a big fight for Brook, his first big pro fight in his hometown. Should easily sell out the Arena, where it's being held. Not sure how many it holds for boxing, I know it's around 13500 for hockey.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shoryuken For This Useful Post:
JKidd (01-13-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Hall of Famer

i know its not 2012 but this is boxing thread and i think this was awesome

Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo (10th Round)...

'just leave me alone, i know what to do!'
'yes, yes, yes, yes.i'm doing all the tyres, u dont have to remind me every second...' - kimi raikkonen
Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Those guys were warriors in their hey day. Rip corrales.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Clever admin title

Quick updates from the weekend.

Robert Stieglitz boxed the piss out of the VERY over matched Henry Weber. I had it 12-0 for Stieg, even though one judge had it 116-112... which I can't see for the life of me. Either way, that's hurdle one out of the way for Robert Stieglitz, who will now prep for a HUGE bout with Mikkel Kessler in April, in Kessler's native Denmark. I really hope this one goes through. It'll be a great fight.

Arthur Abraham also knocked out some schmuck on that event with Stieg. He still can't throw a straight punch, and was outclassed - boxing skill wise - for the first 2 rounds. He then "landed" one good shot, and all of a sudden the Pablo was all but done, and seemed to go down on from phantom punches here and there. It's a KO win, but it's clear as day (and I'm waiting for the video to be youtubed) to me the opponent, Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias took a dive. Queen Arthur is a shot fighter who has had to resort to paying guys to take a dive to get paydays after coming up short in all 3 marquee, premier fights he's been in... gotta love it.

Still no word from John Molina's camp on an acceptance for Brandon Rios.

Oh yeah, Eddie Chambers has pulled from next weeks' eliminator clash with Sergei Liakhovich citing a back injury. It didn't take long for a local network like NBC to realize how ****ty this sport can be with injuries forcing cards to be changed.
MN Wild Team Forum

Tags
amir khan, andre ward, bernard hopkins, chad dawson, danny garcia, floyd mayweather, juan manuel marquez, julio cesar chavez jr, manny pacquiao, miguel cotto, nonito donaire, rjj p4p greatest, sergio martinez, wladimir klitschko