triumph
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
News Junkie

yes, diving to get calls from the refs then crying like little bitches when they don't get them...ala ronaldo at least 5 times a game
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Hall of Famer

So you guys are really claiming Messi doesn't dive or exaggerate? I'm sorry but that is just not true. I've seen him do it with my own eyes.

It doesn't matter whether he's good or not, he's a professional soccer player, 99% of them dive on a regular basis.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM
News Junkie

im not saying he doesn't, but ronaldo does it more than anybody and makes it so obvious that it tarnished the game. most of the tackles on messi are legit. he doesn't go flopping or flailing like he'd been shot when slightly tugged at while down the sidelines or into the middle of the field.

big difference between ronaldo, robben, real madrid, most of brazilian and spanish national teams compared to messi.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Messi doesn't dive...

Messi Doesn't Dive

He has only a handful of times exaggerated a call, but that's only happened with Argentina and that was significantly back in the day.

All Ronaldo does is flop around, dive and throw hissy fits...

like i've stated Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Persie Etc... all wear Messi Pajamas

0321 00'-05' Celer Silens Mortalis
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukoshi84 View Post
Messi doesn't dive..

He has only a handful of times exaggerated a call, but that's only happened with Argentina and that was significantly back in the day.
I'm getting sucked into this when I really don't want to be, but what you are saying is just demonstratively wrong. A 10 second youtube search proves it.

Lionel Messi Dive vs Real Sociedad 10/9/11 -...

That was an indisputable dive, last year, while on Barca. Kudos to that ref. I'm glad Messi got caught and booked for that, I wish more players would.

He's clearly favored by a lot of people for being an insanely good player, but that doesn't mean he doesn't dive. The fact that other players dive doesn't mean he doesn't dive. I just think it's kind of a ridiculous argument. It's professional soccer, these guys are trained to take dives from the day they start kicking a ball.

The Following User Says Thank You to RetardedChimp For This Useful Post:
blackngold (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Coach

Agreed. I'm a big Messi fan, but he dives; just about all soccer players do.

What Messi does not do, however, is flop to the ground at least 3x per game, roll around clutching his knee, and scream at the ref for not buying in to his dramatics.... unlike a certain other soccer player I know that puts more time and effort into his hairdo than any heterosexual man ever should.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
I'm getting sucked into this when I really don't want to be, but what you are saying is just demonstratively wrong. A 10 second youtube search proves it.

Lionel Messi Dive vs Real Sociedad 10/9/11 - YouTube

That was an indisputable dive, last year, while on Barca. Kudos to that ref. I'm glad Messi got caught and booked for that, I wish more players would.

He's clearly favored by a lot of people for being an insanely good player, but that doesn't mean he doesn't dive. The fact that other players dive doesn't mean he doesn't dive. I just think it's kind of a ridiculous argument. It's professional soccer, these guys are trained to take dives from the day they start kicking a ball.
Contact was made, clear as day... like stated he has exaggerated in the past, and that's exactly what happened here. I'm fairly certain you will not find a clear dive without any contact....

And while diving is encouraged in some countries and youth systems, it's not the same everywhere.... that's like saying all christians are arrogant homophobic conservatives!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Hall of Famer

I can understand a statement of "all players exaggerate in some manner, and at some point throughout their career"

There are a few videos made attempting to show Messi diving, of the 3 instances shown... contact is made all 3 times but only one is a legit dive. So i take it back... Messi has taken a dive once, throw in a few times he has exaggerated.

Here is some real diving.....

Ronaldo Olympic diving qualification

Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I can understand a statement of "all players exaggerate in some manner, and at some point throughout their career"

There are a few videos made attempting to show Messi diving, of the 3 instances shown... contact is made all 3 times but only one is a legit dive. So i take it back... Messi has taken a dive once, throw in a few times he has exaggerated.

Here is some real diving.....

Ronaldo Olympic diving qualification
Using your standards of contact meaning its not a dive 90% of that video isn't diving.

The thing which really annoys me most about Messi is how incredible strong he is on the ball in and around the box he's impossible to dislodge but on the halfway line it's a different matter a strong glare will send him down its done entirely for the other team to pick up yellow cards its just plain wrong they don't even use the free kick half the time to go forward they just play it short

***censored***
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm not trying to defend Ronaldos diving don't get me wrong I hate diving as much as the next guy however I've never known Ronaldo to do **** like this

http://youtu.be/xSLxa3MYMcw

***censored***
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
So you guys are really claiming Messi doesn't dive or exaggerate? I'm sorry but that is just not true. I've seen him do it with my own eyes.

It doesn't matter whether he's good or not, he's a professional soccer player, 99% of them dive on a regular basis.
Nowhere near 99% of professional soccer players dive on a regular basis. In fact nowhere near professional players dive full stop.

There is more diving at the top level but it's still not at 99% but you go to tier 2 and other pro levels below that there is very little to no diving.

It's exaggerated by a few of the top players regularly diving - Bale, Suarez, Ronaldo etc.- but it's way less than a quarter that do it.

I have watched my team through the leagues for close to 20 years now (including one season in the EPL 92-93) and in that team I can only recall ever seeing one player (York City's Paul Barnes) diving.

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 12-06-2012 at 08:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y Ddraig Goch For This Useful Post:
Sukoshi84 (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcrocksno1 View Post
I'm not trying to defend Ronaldos diving don't get me wrong I hate diving as much as the next guy however I've never known Ronaldo to do **** like this

http://youtu.be/xSLxa3MYMcw
I was waiting for you or someone else to use that video from a madrid fanboy, I've already given my commentary regarding those plays. The play agains Inter was clean he was trying to split the D and ran square into a defender. Also that all this douche could find and that's over a span of more than 6 years. Hardly making him a dirty player or a diver.

I know you're not trying to stick up for diving in any way and i usually like reading your opinions regarding footy sometimes, and quite honestly agree with you sometimes... this is just where we heavily disagree, no biggie.

If you want to see a truly dirty piece of shit player and player watch this...

Pepe is piece of ****

Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Christano Ronaldo reminds me of a basketball player. If he feels obstructed, he will play for the foul. Diving to the ground and grabbing the face is unacceptable but if Ronaldo is simply faster than another player and is obstructed in space, it should be a warning once and then a card. There is just as much lazy hacking down of players as there is diving (Scholes, corner kicks, on Ronaldo, on Messi, etc.)

Last edited by Mr. Pink; 12-09-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I was waiting for you or someone else to use that video from a madrid fanboy, I've already given my commentary regarding those plays. The play agains Inter was clean he was trying to split the D and ran square into a defender. Also that all this douche could find and that's over a span of more than 6 years. Hardly making him a dirty player or a diver.

I know you're not trying to stick up for diving in any way and i usually like reading your opinions regarding footy sometimes, and quite honestly agree with you sometimes... this is just where we heavily disagree, no biggie.

If you want to see a truly dirty piece of shit player and player watch this...

Pepe is piece of ****
The inter play was far from clean. Belting the ball into the crowd what about that?

Pepe's a scumbag and massive over rated no denying that

***censored***
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Nowhere near 99% of professional soccer players dive on a regular basis. In fact nowhere near professional players dive full stop.
I disagree.

Every game I watch I see someone get tripped and instantly grab their knee trying to sell the call, it doesn't matter who it is. It's become an accepted part of the game and it's sad.

Closed Thread