Old 08-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne19 View Post
There fan base is really annoying here in Va beach. The band lives about 2 hours away
It was an awesome show though. I don't know many of his songs but my cousin asked me to go so I took the opportunity.

The set list for the show:

August 7, 2008 @ Virginia Beach Amphitheater

Seek Up
One Sweet World
So Damn Lucky
Old Dirt Hill
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
Crash Into Me
Corn Bread
Eh Hee
Burning Down The House
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Everyday
Halloween
Water Into Wine
You Might Die Trying
Sledgehammer
Ants Marching

Encore:
Donít Drink the Water
Anyone Seen The Bridge
Too Much Intro
Tripping Billies
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidlloyd View Post
TV On The Radio
Friday August 3
Mr. Smalls Theater
Last row, standing, center

A band that I've heard a lot of hype about. I got a comp, so I went. Mr. Smalls is an old church, converted into a theater. The bands play where the alter area would be. Very cool vibe there. It was sold-out. About 600 people. It was hot as hell, and impossible to move around. I just hung in the back by the bars.Not knowing any of their material, they put on a good show. The band has the Radiohead-type guitar thing goin on, which isn't a bad thing. The guitar players were doing some weird sh*t. The one guy had a wind chime hanging from his guitar neck. He would swing it and hit the drummers cymbols. The singer was energetic and had a strong voice. The band had a good presence on stage. I liked the show but it was hard to hear compared to the Interpol show. It might have something to do with me not knowing any material. If you dig the band, I'm sure you'd love it. It wasn't the best show I've been to, but still enjoyable. The singer and lead guitarist are actually from Pittsburgh.

Below are previews and reviews from the show. Enjoy.

http://search.post-gazette.com/redir...4%3A00%3A00+AM

http://search.post-gazette.com/redir...4%3A00%3A00+AM

Here is a link to Mr. Smalls. It is a reallly cool place. My old band actually recorded there, when it first opened. They since bought the church for concerts. They have a bunch of good shows.

http://www.mrsmalls.com/NewPHP/home.php
i've been to mr smalls a couple times. its a cool place to see a show
Old 08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Mayhem Music Festival
Sunday August 10
First Midwest Amphitheater
Section 207
Tinley Park, IL

Lineup Includes

Main Stage
Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragon Force
Mastodon

Side stages
underoath
Machine Head
Walls of Jericho
36 Crazy Fists
BlackTide
Suicide Silence
The Red Chord
Five Finger Death Punch
Airbourne

Very Long Day Started at 2pm and Slipknot closed the show at 11pm. Highlights included a awesome set from Machine Head, Five Finger Death Punch, and of course Slipknot. Lowlights terrible sound on the mainstage, very high prices ($8 to $10 beers).

Slipknot played a great set, however they through in prosthetics which is a cool concept song but does not translate well live. Other than that Worth the $50 ticket.
R.I.P #24

2015 Stanley Cup Champions
Old 08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLBLUEEYZ View Post
Mayhem Music Festival
Sunday August 10
Section 207
Tinley Park, IL

Lineup Includes

Main Stage
Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragon Force
Mastodon

Side stages
underoath
Machine Head
Walls of Jericho
36 Crazy Fists
BlackTide
Suicide Silence
The Red Chord
Five Finger Death Punch
Airbourne

Very Long Day Started at 2pm and Slipknot closed the show at 11pm. Highlights included a awesome set from Machine Head, Five Finger Death Punch, and of course Slipknot. Lowlights terrible sound on the mainstage, very high prices ($8 to $10 beers).

Slipknot played a great set, however they through in prosthetics which is a cool concept song but does not translate well live. Other than that Worth the $50 ticket.
What was Dragon Force like? i don't think ive ever heard anything but dissapointment from other people when it comes to a live performance with these guys, although i've never seen them myself.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
What was Dragon Force like? i don't think ive ever heard anything but dissapointment from other people when it comes to a live performance with these guys, although i've never seen them myself.
Not being a Dragon Force guy... aside from the already bad sound. They sounded ok.. huge guitar licks and lots of loud vocals. They seemed much like a throwback 80's rock band with a emphasis on guitar and high pitched singing witha modern double kick drum back-end. Very technical band as was Mastadon.
R.I.P #24

2015 Stanley Cup Champions
Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLBLUEEYZ View Post
Mayhem Music Festival
Sunday August 10
Section 207
Tinley Park, IL

Lineup Includes

Main Stage
Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragon Force
Mastodon

Side stages
underoath
Machine Head
Walls of Jericho
36 Crazy Fists
BlackTide
Suicide Silence
The Red Chord
Five Finger Death Punch
Airbourne

I just worked to this concert and thought it was pretty cool and I hate rock and like hip hop. There was some smokin hot rocker chicks there didnt even know they existed and slipknot set was cool with the drumer drumming upside down. Had to break up tons of fights and get people help who got knocked out in the mosh pits though kinda sucked
Old 08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Coach

Last night at Hampton Beach I decided that I would hit up the concert they had, and I was impressed. When I first bought the 28 dollar ticket I was a bit skeptical but man did the 4 band rock there. I arrived in there to a band who was playing their last song and they were called Pop Evil and sounded ok. They next band reminded me a lot of Avenged Sevelfold and they were called Rev Theory and I really liked what they had to offer. A lot of there songs had heavy riffs and good solos and the singer had a great image and was really into his music. Then they brought on a well knonw band called Saving Abel and they were ok, seeing how I only knew one song called Addicted, they did rock out to one called 18 days and it was a prime song. Their guitarist is pretty good. But none would compare to Puddle of Mudd. They started out with their breakthrough hit Control, and rocked out to War Pigs by Sabbath during the middle of that song. They played a few I didn't really know in between and then played Famous, which sounded awesome. They also played We Don't Have To Look Back Now which sounded great. Blurry was tossed in there and was great. They also played 2 great covers of AC/DC's TNT and Nirvana's Breed. Then they played a great encore of Psycho and She Hate's Me which had the place rocking. Great concert I recommend it.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Super All-Star

Yo let me tell you I just got back from jonas brother concert and wow girls are getting hot young! Im 19 so its still okay for me to be talking like this even though i would never touch anyone yuonger than 16 BUT damn 14-15-16 year olds are smokin these days its hard to tell sometimes how old they are. I am so glad I worked it
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Billy Joel
At Shea about a month ago

Great show.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Trading/Fi...PageSize=10000
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob666 For This Useful Post:
KiddYidd (08-31-2008), MrFrost (09-04-2008)
Old 08-31-2008, 03:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Just got home from seeing The Allman Bros and Ratdog at Red Rocks. Pretty good show, if you've never seen Derek Trucks play guitar I would highly recommend it. Typical Allman Bros show, with Ratdog playing lots of Greatful Dead stuff. Saw more armpit hair on the women then I care to see, but I'm sure you Europeans and ruby would feel right at home. Nighty nite!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 AM
All-Star

Just got back home from seeing Rage Against the Machine at the Minneapolis Target Center. The show was incredible. They played for about 2 hours and came out for an encore after an ovation of about 10 minutes. On our way to the Target Center, dozens of police lined the streets in full riot gear, accompanied by many more police on horseback also sporting riot shields and clubs. After the show was over people got a little crazy and started marching in the streets, and about 2 dozen people were arrested. Anyways, greatest show I could ever have imagined.
"in the first round we drafted Mike Modano to protect the franchise, in the second round we drafted Link to protect Mike, and in the third round we should've drafted a lawyer to protect Link." Lou Nanne on Link Gaetz
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB24MJ12 View Post
Just got back home from seeing Rage Against the Machine at the Minneapolis Target Center. The show was incredible. They played for about 2 hours and came out for an encore after an ovation of about 10 minutes. On our way to the Target Center, dozens of police lined the streets in full riot gear, accompanied by many more police on horseback also sporting riot shields and clubs. After the show was over people got a little crazy and started marching in the streets, and about 2 dozen people were arrested. Anyways, greatest show I could ever have imagined.
Damn, I really want to see RATM.
"It's huge when guys are sticking up for each other," Rechlicz said. "It's more of a team bonding thing. I think it's great, and that's the style we've got to play. Guys come together, and it's like your family out there ... That's what it's all about. If you mess with one of our guys, you're going to mess with five of them. That's just the way it's going to go."
Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Rehashed (local saskatoon)
Wednesday Night HEroes )Edmonton
The Real Mckenzies (I dont know, but they need to read their history of ww1)

Awesome show...
Love WNH, Rehashed was definatley different, and the Real McKenzies were good too, but they brogught up a few old political tings that they should read up on, EI, what happened in WW1, I dont know why you'd bring it up at a punk show, but they said the Canadians shoudnt have been involved.... odd... anyweay it was full of energy... just wierd

CHECK OUT WEDNESDAY NIGHT HEROES!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Clever admin title

Just came to....

Poison and Dokken last night at Fiddlers. Amazing show. Say what you will, and I did, about 80's hair metal, but those ****ers know how to have a damn good show.

Dokken played 8 songs or so. Dream Warrior, Into the Fire and Breaking from the Chains highlighted their set. Sadly, I think I was the only one of my group that knew the Dokken songs...

Poison came on after a 10-15 minute break from Dokken, and the show kicked ****ing ass. All the good, old stuff. Plus a new wrinkle - a remake of "what I like about you." Great 5-10 minute solos from CC Deville on guitar and Ricky Rocketti on the drums. Then they come back out and hit up "Ever Rose Has Its Thorn." Encore - Nothing but a good time.

Great show. Can't talk today, and barely hear. On top of all that, I've got Foo Fighters tomorrow...
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Every Labor day Va Beach has a musical event. 5 stages on the sand.
All kinds of music.

Friday Free concerts was Envogue
Bel Biv Devoe
Phil Stacey of American Idol
Starship
Main Stage Morris Day and the Time

Sat Free Concerts Los Lobos
Eddie Money
Revery
Warrant
Main Stage Billy Idol

Sun Main Stage The Motels
B-52s

Also Sunday Morning there is the rock-n-roll half marathon. Every mile of the race there is a band playing inconcert.

Also I was going to the Lunatic Luau hosted by a radio station. Lineup in order they were performing.
Conflict of Interest
Grant Austin Taylor Band- local 13 yr old giutar wiz
Unrestricted
Revery
Consrukt
Eve To Adam
Download
All That Remains
Arsis
Saving Abel
Soilent Green
Hatbreed