confronted

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Santa's not real?!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
I figured it out when I heard my parents through the vent saying not to put the bike by the tree because it would get knocked over.

I never really ever had any sort of chat with my parents you just sort of figure it out it seems like. I can't believe she is 13 and believes in him still. That's wild.
Yeah,that's the right way to go. Best idea if parents let the children figure it out on their own but don't denie it if they ask.

To answer the thread question, hmmm... maybe early elementary school? I remember being devasted finding out he's not real. ha. That's cruel that a 13 year old still is believing, she's going to be messed up psychological when the truth comes out. I feel bad, I would tell her now Phila. Better you than in front of her friends.
How long until Buffalo rewards their loyal fans with a Stanley Cup?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Personally I think it's wrong for parents to tell their kids that Santa Claus is real.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Personally I think it's wrong for parents to tell their kids that Santa Claus is real.
I dont remember my parents explicitly stating santa is real. It was more the gist of kids TV programs, movies, and talk around school.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknuckler View Post
I dont remember my parents explicitly stating santa is real. It was more the gist of kids TV programs, movies, and talk around school.

My parents told me he was real.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknuckler View Post
But the parents don't deny it. They perpetrate it with the letters to Santa, the milk and cookies and the thank you notes to the kids. I doubt many parents outright say, "It's just a guy on the cartoons and Coca Cola bottles."

It's a fun thing for the kids when they're little, but by the time they start school and hanging around other kids, I say that's long enough. What's the worst that happens when you tell your 5 year old Santa is mom and dad? The kid cries his eyes out that Santa Claus as he knows it doesn't exist, but then realizes he's still getting presents on Christmas anyway, so what does he care?

God forbid if I ever have kids, I'm giving em three years, four years TOPS.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Hall of Famer

In the early 80's. I found the stash of presents that my parents hid from me and my sister. Kinda funny, my ma still writes "From:Santa" on the one or two gifts they get me a year

If I ever have children, after they become of school-age, they will know that me and their mother are the ones who bust their humps and spend money on them.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValJamesRules View Post
In the early 80's. I found the stash of presents that my parents hid from me and my sister. Kinda funny, my ma still writes "From:Santa" on the one or two gifts they get me a year

If I ever have children, after they become of school-age, they will know that me and their mother are the ones who bust their humps and spend money on them.
Oh yeah, still writing From Santa on the gifts is understandable. It's not the image of Santa that's a problem, it's letting your 13 year old still believe in him. My old man still writes From Santa on everyone's gifts.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Hall of Famer

I have no problem with my 11 year old daughter thinking he is real, trust me you have kids you will not tell them he is fake. It's something they figure out. My boys were around 11 and stopped believing.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Ha! Hear ya Val James! My mum still marks my gifts "from Santa". Funny sh*t, it's cool though. Being the oldest brother of my family, it was real tough not to give up the truth to my younger siblings.... Hell, I was in 2nd grade or so, word leaked out at recess about the whole Santa deal. I went along with it though, not to **** up my brother and sh*t.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Here's a classic, my mother bought a Santa outfit and one year a friend of mine said hey lets drive around and go to some peoples houses to see there kids, Will you get the outfit and be Santa, BIG MISTAKE. Well lets put it this way, maybe when the kids saw Santa pounding beers in there house. I made them stop believing True Story. On my mother and fathers grave.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Damn smash, that's classic!!! Pretty funny man!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broons66 View Post
Damn smash, that's classic!!! Pretty funny man!
Dude i forgot all about it till now, we went to 3 houses and i said F/This man, Santa is getting crushed seeing i had a ton of beers before hand. Nothing like Santa hitting the bar around 11pm staggering Clark Griswold had nothing on this Santa that night. Wished i still had the damn thing.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Wish there were pics bro, smashem in a Santa suit pounding brunos! Classic!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM
General Manager

I kinda had a feeling all along (well after I was 6 or 7) that old Kris Kringle was fake. What tipped me off was that his handwriting looked an awful lot like my mother's handwriting on my presents.

I didn't get upset or anything when I realized Santa was fake. I still got tons of presents on Christmas so it was all good.