Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Then, again, why bring up whether or not servicemen are politically educated about their jobs or why they joined in the first place if it makes no difference to you in the end? Man you're full of talking points that go nowhere.
YOu brought up wether they are "politically educated".

what does that even mean? That they know some of Obama's policies vs. Romney? Pure horseshiit and irrelevant.

A better question is do they really feel they are serving the best interests of the citizens of the USA on their missions? Do they understand the connections between the missions and the relationship with the military complex?

I dont know. I would guess most dont based on what I have witnessed.
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
YOu brought up wether they are "politically educated".

what does that even mean? That they know some of Obama's policies vs. Romney? Pure horseshiit and irrelevant.

A better question is do they really feel they are serving the best interests of the citizens of the USA on their missions? Do they understand the connections between the missions and the relationship with the military complex?

I dont know. I would guess most dont based on what I have witnessed.
Nope, you brought it up in post #49 of this thread. You said they are naive to the politics and I followed up that innocuous statement by saying servicemen are of course informed, because it directly affects the direction of their jobs.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Nope, you brought it up in post #49 of this thread. You said they are naive to the politics and I followed up that innocuous statement by saying servicemen are of course informed, because it directly affects the direction of their jobs.
Okay good work Sherlock.

Now informed is not telling me a lot. Informed about what. some benign difference between the two parties? some policies?

I dont know. I think most are naive to the real motivations and workings of the govt.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
Okay good work Sherlock.

Now informed is not telling me a lot. Informed about what. some benign difference between the two parties? some policies?

I dont know. I think most are naive to the real motivations and workings of the govt.
Yes, that's exactly what it means: Obama's policies vs. Mitt's policies, which you scoffed at in your previous post. Or "Hey, Obama is f*cking up with Iran. Looks like some of us might be going to Iran soon."

If you were in the natural gas industry, wouldn't you be paying attention to what was going on in Washington about energy policies? Same goes for soldiers and matters of foreign policy.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what it means: Obama's policies vs. Mitt's policies, which you scoffed at in your previous post. Or "Hey, Obama is f*cking up with Iran. Looks like some of us might be going to Iran soon."

If you were in the natural gas industry, wouldn't you be paying attention to what was going on in Washington about energy policies? Same goes for soldiers and matters of foreign policy.
That's fine. they "understand" what the corporate media is telling them like the rest of the lemmings.

"fight for freedom". rah rah rah.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Good job ruining a good thread. I wouldn't expect anything less, though.

Anyway, my grandfather dropped supplies in WWII and was shot down twice. He's still living. My other grandfather was in charge of sending fighter planes and such up around the Korean War and Vietnam. Thanks to everyone who served!

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
Anyway, my grandfather dropped supplies in WWII and was shot down twice. He's still living.
Now that I can give some respect to... Cheers!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Content Team

Happy Veterans and Remembrance Day to all of our North American soldiers past and present. May all service be recognized, all death be honored, and all our current troops return safely!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Hall of Famer

My grandfather contracted tuberculosis from the Winter war in 1944 between Finland and Russia.
finland is a small nation and they fought off the Russians in a brutal winter war. I'm sure my grandfather was a great warrior considering how great I have turned out. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

there is a great movie called war and Ice that chronicals the winter war and the heroics of Finland. I expect all of you to view it.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
Good job ruining a good thread. I wouldn't expect anything less, though.

Anyway, my grandfather dropped supplies in WWII and was shot down twice. He's still living. My other grandfather was in charge of sending fighter planes and such up around the Korean War and Vietnam. Thanks to everyone who served!
No kidding Phila26 is so rude!!

who gives a shiit about your grandpa!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Thinking of all veterans today. Spoke to my Grandpa on the phone today. In good spirits and got out to watch my cousins first hockey game. He never went to ceremonies when he was in good health, but he always saluted when he watch them on TV. It was actually quite eerie to see him to that when I was younger.