hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Babblin (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Illegal Atheists? (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f23/illegal-atheists-179222/)

cookie monster 11-22-2012 12:55 PM

Illegal Atheists?
 
Not sure if this belongs here or maybe the politics thread. I'm just wondering what people think of this...


http://www.alternet.org/belief/year-...uting-atheists

In Kentucky, a homeland security law requires the state’s citizens to acknowledge the security provided by the Almighty God--or risk 12 months in prison.

What happened to America?

Humpzilla 11-22-2012 01:14 PM

What's next -- drowning "witches" or setting people on fire?

****

Phila26Flyers 11-22-2012 01:17 PM

Obviously, neither of you read the article.
Quote:

The law requires that plaques celebrating the power of the Almighty God be installed outside the state Homeland Security building--and carries a criminal penalty of up to 12 months in jail if one fails to comply.
Unless you work at the Kentucky homeland security building, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jack Schitt 11-22-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpzilla (Post 2529528)
What's next -- drowning "witches" or setting people on fire?

****

Or calling for people's deaths if they show your God in a manner you find unflattering?

Jack Schitt 11-22-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie monster (Post 2529521)
Not sure if this belongs here or maybe the politics thread. I'm just wondering what people think of this...


http://www.alternet.org/belief/year-...uting-atheists

In Kentucky, a homeland security law requires the state’s citizens to acknowledge the security provided by the Almighty God--or risk 12 months in prison.

What happened to America?

I'll bet you that guy doesn't want gays to marry either.

shaud19 11-22-2012 01:28 PM

That's a flimsy law. I'm proud to be American. Living in the most advanced, powerful, and privilege country in world however when I see how much religion separates people I get irate. I'm a Christian and believe in God but forcing government buildings to acknowledge him is communism. This shows how broken the court system is seeing the law is still on the books.

theknuckler 11-22-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaud19 (Post 2529537)
That's a flimsy law. I'm proud to be American. Living in the most advanced, powerful, and privilege country in world however when I see how much religion separates people I get irate. I'm a Christian and believe in God but forcing government buildings to acknowledge him is communism. This shows how broken the court system is seeing the law is still on the books.

fascism, not communism.

I don't get this... there needs to be a plaque? one plaque? or does everyone who works there need to make their own plaque? 12 months for who? I don't understand

pigfarmer 11-23-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknuckler (Post 2529559)
fascism, not communism.

I don't get this... there needs to be a plaque? one plaque? or does everyone who works there need to make their own plaque? 12 months for who? I don't understand

The building gets the 12 months.

canuck2 11-23-2012 01:41 PM

It's a Christian country. and they are as nutty as the extremists in the middle east.

Most people are conditioned lemmings.

RetardedChimp 11-23-2012 05:59 PM

Christians are so persecuted in this country!

thruby 11-23-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknuckler (Post 2529559)
fascism, not communism.

I don't get this... there needs to be a plaque? one plaque? or does everyone who works there need to make their own plaque? 12 months for who? I don't understand

there are 4 plaques. one for the entrance, two for the fire escapes and one for a back up.

Phila26Flyers 11-23-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thruby (Post 2529833)
there are 4 plaques. one for the entrance, two for the fire escapes and one for a back up.

There are no fire escapes. God's will be done.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


© 2013 hockeyfights.com. All rights reserved.