Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Hall of Famer

When I was single and was dating on match.com most of the "fluffy" "medium built" "slightly overweight" women all proclaimed to be suffering from "low thyroid" or "slow metabolism".

So yes many doctors and society convince fat people they have a condition that is responsible for there horribly fat ass but the truth is it's overeating. I would say 99.9 percent of people overeat and dont exercise enough. so Pilot is correct. there is an occasional medical condtion but it's very rare.

Great thread title by the way.
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Hall of Famer

FBC , Pilots Fan is right , medication can and will make some PPL obese and their is not a dam thing they can do about it .
My daughter was a real beauty at 5-8 135 , she developed some allergies as she got older , had to go on meds just too stay alive , she eats nothing but fruit and veggies , no salt or anything with sugar in it , it's a hassle to take her shopping for groceries as she has to go to all the specialty stores for them , it costs her a he!! of a lot more to eat than the ordinary person .
She now weighs 275 pounds and their is nothing she can do about it , the meds she has to take every day just too stay alive are the cause .
The last time we took her out for dinner I had to rush her to the hospital , someone had put crab meat in the salad she had , she dam near died , it can be a real health hazard for some PPL but their is not a thing that can be done about it except to watch what they eat .
My friend has a young son that is allergic to peanuts , they can kill him , he has to watch every thing he eats as they use so much peanut oil to cook so many things , all brands of potato chips or french fries are off limits as they use peanut oil in the process of cooking them it is not worth the risk , the medication this boy has too take has made him at 12 years old obese , he weighs 190 pounds .
You can make fun all you want , some fat PPL just cant do anything about it , but you are right , gluttons that eat everything in sight cause their own obesity ....

George Gross : At L.A. Kings/Toronto Game In 1970 ...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Hall of Famer

My family is the illustrated history of obesity. Hungarian and Italian. Lot of heavy, starchy dishes with creams and processed meats. It's upsetting, but you can't twist peoples arms to eat healthier...

I myself was fat for a long time. Was 270ish at the end of high school. Hovering around 190 now. Was a long hard, neurotic road getting down here; my squash playing is keeping me honest now.

PM me for a game!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince65 View Post
FBC , Pilots Fan is right , medication can and will make some PPL obese and their is not a dam thing they can do about it .
My daughter was a real beauty at 5-8 135 , she developed some allergies as she got older , had to go on meds just too stay alive , she eats nothing but fruit and veggies , no salt or anything with sugar in it , it's a hassle to take her shopping for groceries as she has to go to all the specialty stores for them , it costs her a he!! of a lot more to eat than the ordinary person .
She now weighs 275 pounds and their is nothing she can do about it , the meds she has to take every day just too stay alive are the cause .
The last time we took her out for dinner I had to rush her to the hospital , someone had put crab meat in the salad she had , she dam near died , it can be a real health hazard for some PPL but their is not a thing that can be done about it except to watch what they eat .
My friend has a young son that is allergic to peanuts , they can kill him , he has to watch every thing he eats as they use so much peanut oil to cook so many things , all brands of potato chips or french fries are off limits as they use peanut oil in the process of cooking them it is not worth the risk , the medication this boy has too take has made him at 12 years old obese , he weighs 190 pounds .
You can make fun all you want , some fat PPL just cant do anything about it , but you are right , gluttons that eat everything in sight cause their own obesity ....
So are fatties off limits to make fun of? It's a joke. People always think things are hilarious until the joke comes to them.

Yes, there are some people who can't help be fat, that doesn't mean I'm to stop making fun of fat people (a group I've been a part of for a lot my adult life). I'm not going to stop making fun of any group just because there a sad stories here and there.

I get that there are some people who can't help it. Most people can, why don't you acknowledge that?

Take a look in North America....look at the sh*t we eat. Hell, before I started this most recent diet I realized most times even when I thought I was eating healthy, I wasn't. Look a portion sizes of everything in N. America, it's f*cking amazing.

Also, I don't have any hatred towards obese people. I know they don't like it, I never liked it, but it's still funny on a level.

People need to calm the f*ck down.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
When I was single and was dating on match.com most of the "fluffy" "medium built" "slightly overweight" women all proclaimed to be suffering from "low thyroid" or "slow metabolism".

So yes many doctors and society convince fat people they have a condition that is responsible for there horribly fat ass but the truth is it's overeating. I would say 99.9 percent of people overeat and dont exercise enough. so Pilot is correct. there is an occasional medical condtion but it's very rare.

This. I don't have the eloquence to express it like this.

+1
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

I wish my penis had a thyroid condition, but when asked about it I WOULDN'T tell anyone about my "condition"
Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Hall of Famer

The only thing worse than a reformed smoker is a reformed fattie, lol
Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils17 View Post
Define fat please.
Go look in a mirror.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
go look in a mirror.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils17 View Post
Sorry. Post Thanksgiving being at work blues. I owe you a hug!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Zero on my moms side, they're all like me eat as much as they want with no effect. Dads side there are def some seeing as he has 12 brothers n 2 sisters. Mostly the aunts that aren't directly related. They always say how jealous they are of my metabolism, always makes for an awkward day
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post

While weight gain is a symptom of hypothyroidism, it sounds like those women were using their condition as a crutch or an excuse to not exercise or diet properly. Taking synthroid should stabilize the condition. I would know -- I have hypothyroidism. I take 75 mcg once a day. The difference is, I use my condition as an excuse TO work out and eat right. At last check with my endocrinologist six months ago, I was 156 lbs (I'm 5'10") with 11% body fat, a very healthy range to be in. My next checkup is Wednesday. Since you are on the edge of your seat, I'll be sure to update you then.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Super All-Star

I'm a little overweight but it is not from over eating. I used to be fit but then I got cancer. For the year I had cancer I lost my muscle in my body. After I was cancer free I still could not do anything because of all the chemo, radiation and stem cell transplant. For 3 years all I could do was sit at home and go to the doctor. Those 3 years I ate on a regular bases but could not exercise and gained weight.
For 6 yrs when I went back to work I never gained lbs but I never lost either because I still could not go full on the exercising.
Now I have a serious neck and back injury. I'm back to when I had cancer. Can't do anything but watch tv and I'm gaining some lbs because I can't exercise at all.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne19 View Post
I'm a little overweight but it is not from over eating. I used to be fit but then I got cancer. For the year I had cancer I lost my muscle in my body. After I was cancer free I still could not do anything because of all the chemo, radiation and stem cell transplant. For 3 years all I could do was sit at home and go to the doctor. Those 3 years I ate on a regular bases but could not exercise and gained weight.
For 6 yrs when I went back to work I never gained lbs but I never lost either because I still could not go full on the exercising.
Now I have a serious neck and back injury. I'm back to when I had cancer. Can't do anything but watch tv and I'm gaining some lbs because I can't exercise at all.
This is what I mean. You are a LITTE overweight. You could easily be obese but you aren't.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
This is what I mean. You are a LITTE overweight. You could easily be obese but you aren't.
Yet if I switch from obese to 'little overweight' I don't get to ride the power carts at Wall-mart any more...