Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Fatties in your Family?

You got em? Is it weird to watch them eat themselves to an early grave?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM
General Manager

You do realize there are medical conditions that lead to obesity, right?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
Do tell, Dr. Pilots Fan MD.

Most people are fatties cos they don't eat well.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
General Manager

Define fat please.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Do tell, Dr. Pilots Fan MD.

Most people are fatties cos they don't eat well.
Doesnt matter what I say or how I explain it, you've already got your mind made up.

Like my thoughts, anyone wearing a MMA shirt or claims to train MMA as a "hobby" is a wanna be and compensating. Just someone who needs attention and validation. Most likely the kids that got picked on and somehow need to make their midlife crises justification that they we'rent really the pansy they actually were. Especially the 30 something that's into "training" and using supplements while trying to hold a professional career and supporting a family. Then talking smack online. Yea brah, you're da shit I have more respect for the yoga dude.

Most obese may be overweight due to over eating but there is the other side which you fail to acknowledge..........I guess cause you're just a stud....
Old 11-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Doesnt matter what I say or how I explain it, you've already got your mind made up.

Like my thoughts, anyone wearing a MMA shirt or claims to train MMA as a "hobby" is a wanna be and compensating. Just someone who needs attention and validation. Most likely the kids that got picked on and somehow need to make their midlife crises justification that they we'rent really the pansy they actually were. Especially the 30 something that's into "training" and using supplements while trying to hold a professional career and supporting a family. Then talking smack online. Yea brah, you're da shit I have more respect for the yoga dude.

Most obese may be overweight due to over eating but there is the other side which you fail to acknowledge..........I guess cause you're just a stud....
Nope, was a fatty til I started eating properly. I know there are people who have medical issues and that is why they are obese. You don't know my situation, I don't train much, I as much as anyone could justify an unhealthy lifestyle....I did for the longest time then i looked at men in my family having heart attacks.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Nope, was a fatty til I started eating properly. I know there are people who have medical issues and that is why they are obese. You don't know my situation, I don't train much, I as much as anyone could justify an unhealthy lifestyle....I did for the longest time then i looked at men in my family having heart attacks.
Then why present the thread the way you did? A lot of other ways to ask the question or open the conversation, especially considering how you portray yourself as an MMA guru and a health nut. Dont push your agenda on others, you dont want theirs pushed on you. Be what you want to be but dont be critical of others when you dont know their situation.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I'll take time to respond to this, because I agree,..but only to a certain extent. Are you 100% correct in your statement? Yes. However, a huge percentage of people often say they have a 'condition' when in fact they do not. Obviously some people do, but a lot of other people like to assume they do and give that as the reason that they're a fatty.

It doesn't really bother me, but I do get annoyed with the lazy people who claim they have a condition. I was overweight, not a fatass, but overweight. I've talked about it numerous times on here. I am 6'2" and was about 235lbs. I've lost the fat and now I hover around 170-180lbs. year around. It isn't easy. I run 4+ miles a day 3-6 days a week, and have adjusted my diet. Do I still eat junk/fast food? Yes. I also still drink. The difference is in portion size and how often you eat junk food. I limit it to a day or two a week. I monitor my calories and usually adjust accordingly. It's a change in lifestyle and getting used to being healthy is different. Most people are just too lazy to do it.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I just saw your comment and wanted to add to it a bit.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Content Team

Damn PilotsFan was on the hype sauce after Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Hall of Famer

genetics man. Some people couldn't get abs/6pack if they worked out 24 hours a day for 100days a week. Lots of athletes are in great shape but their genetics don't allow them that fantasy mens magazine look.

But yeah, there are other conditions that play into it as well.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Then why present the thread the way you did? A lot of other ways to ask the question or open the conversation, especially considering how you portray yourself as an MMA guru and a health nut. Dont push your agenda on others, you dont want theirs pushed on you. Be what you want to be but dont be critical of others when you dont know their situation.
It was just a joke. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
This thread may be of interest to you as well:

Calling someone fat could be made a HATE crime
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Hall of Famer

As far as this thread goes and fbc's family members having heart attacks I had one three years ago and can say to look at me I don't think people would call me a "fattie" which is derogatory in anybody's book, but according to the AMA and my doctor I am overweight. I quite drinking 23 years ago and quit smoking eight years ago and can say at least from my own experience that eating healthy is harder than both, at least for me.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Damn PilotsFan was on the hype sauce after Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
ehh not entirely true!