#1 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
flex_buff_chest's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
Fatties in your Family?

You got em? Is it weird to watch them eat themselves to an early grave?
__________________
BEAST MODE BROHS
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM
PilotsFan's Avatar
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 10,962
You do realize there are medical conditions that lead to obesity, right?
__________________
Windshield time means the office changes by the minute!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 PM
flex_buff_chest's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
You do realize there are medical conditions that lead to obesity, right?
Do tell, Dr. Pilots Fan MD.

Most people are fatties cos they don't eat well.
__________________
BEAST MODE BROHS
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
NJDevils17's Avatar
General Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,581
Define fat please.
__________________
"Don't let the fat lady sing until it's absolutely necessary." -Butch Goring
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 PM
PilotsFan's Avatar
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 10,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Do tell, Dr. Pilots Fan MD.

Most people are fatties cos they don't eat well.
Doesnt matter what I say or how I explain it, you've already got your mind made up.

Like my thoughts, anyone wearing a MMA shirt or claims to train MMA as a "hobby" is a wanna be and compensating. Just someone who needs attention and validation. Most likely the kids that got picked on and somehow need to make their midlife crises justification that they we'rent really the pansy they actually were. Especially the 30 something that's into "training" and using supplements while trying to hold a professional career and supporting a family. Then talking smack online. Yea brah, you're da shit I have more respect for the yoga dude.

Most obese may be overweight due to over eating but there is the other side which you fail to acknowledge..........I guess cause you're just a stud....
__________________
Windshield time means the office changes by the minute!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:34 PM
flex_buff_chest's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
Doesnt matter what I say or how I explain it, you've already got your mind made up.

Like my thoughts, anyone wearing a MMA shirt or claims to train MMA as a "hobby" is a wanna be and compensating. Just someone who needs attention and validation. Most likely the kids that got picked on and somehow need to make their midlife crises justification that they we'rent really the pansy they actually were. Especially the 30 something that's into "training" and using supplements while trying to hold a professional career and supporting a family. Then talking smack online. Yea brah, you're da shit I have more respect for the yoga dude.

Most obese may be overweight due to over eating but there is the other side which you fail to acknowledge..........I guess cause you're just a stud....
Nope, was a fatty til I started eating properly. I know there are people who have medical issues and that is why they are obese. You don't know my situation, I don't train much, I as much as anyone could justify an unhealthy lifestyle....I did for the longest time then i looked at men in my family having heart attacks.
__________________
BEAST MODE BROHS
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
PilotsFan's Avatar
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 10,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Nope, was a fatty til I started eating properly. I know there are people who have medical issues and that is why they are obese. You don't know my situation, I don't train much, I as much as anyone could justify an unhealthy lifestyle....I did for the longest time then i looked at men in my family having heart attacks.
Then why present the thread the way you did? A lot of other ways to ask the question or open the conversation, especially considering how you portray yourself as an MMA guru and a health nut. Dont push your agenda on others, you dont want theirs pushed on you. Be what you want to be but dont be critical of others when you dont know their situation.
__________________
Windshield time means the office changes by the minute!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Baronking's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,163
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
D Y B FLYERS's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
You do realize there are medical conditions that lead to obesity, right?

I'll take time to respond to this, because I agree,..but only to a certain extent. Are you 100% correct in your statement? Yes. However, a huge percentage of people often say they have a 'condition' when in fact they do not. Obviously some people do, but a lot of other people like to assume they do and give that as the reason that they're a fatty.

It doesn't really bother me, but I do get annoyed with the lazy people who claim they have a condition. I was overweight, not a fatass, but overweight. I've talked about it numerous times on here. I am 6'2" and was about 235lbs. I've lost the fat and now I hover around 170-180lbs. year around. It isn't easy. I run 4+ miles a day 3-6 days a week, and have adjusted my diet. Do I still eat junk/fast food? Yes. I also still drink. The difference is in portion size and how often you eat junk food. I limit it to a day or two a week. I monitor my calories and usually adjust accordingly. It's a change in lifestyle and getting used to being healthy is different. Most people are just too lazy to do it.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I just saw your comment and wanted to add to it a bit.
__________________
LET'S GO FLYERS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Phila26Flyers's Avatar
Content Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,061
Damn PilotsFan was on the hype sauce after Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 AM
theknuckler's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Near Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,543
genetics man. Some people couldn't get abs/6pack if they worked out 24 hours a day for 100days a week. Lots of athletes are in great shape but their genetics don't allow them that fantasy mens magazine look.

But yeah, there are other conditions that play into it as well.
__________________
"has u had good times with yourself and other peopleS?
i am more alone, but with father"
theknuckler
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 AM
flex_buff_chest's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
Then why present the thread the way you did? A lot of other ways to ask the question or open the conversation, especially considering how you portray yourself as an MMA guru and a health nut. Dont push your agenda on others, you dont want theirs pushed on you. Be what you want to be but dont be critical of others when you dont know their situation.
It was just a joke. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.
__________________
BEAST MODE BROHS
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 AM
flex_buff_chest's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsFan View Post
Then why present the thread the way you did? A lot of other ways to ask the question or open the conversation, especially considering how you portray yourself as an MMA guru and a health nut. Dont push your agenda on others, you dont want theirs pushed on you. Be what you want to be but dont be critical of others when you dont know their situation.
This thread may be of interest to you as well:

Calling someone fat could be made a HATE crime
__________________
BEAST MODE BROHS
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 AM
flyersvikes's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 5,651
As far as this thread goes and fbc's family members having heart attacks I had one three years ago and can say to look at me I don't think people would call me a "fattie" which is derogatory in anybody's book, but according to the AMA and my doctor I am overweight. I quite drinking 23 years ago and quit smoking eight years ago and can say at least from my own experience that eating healthy is harder than both, at least for me.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
PilotsFan's Avatar
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 10,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Damn PilotsFan was on the hype sauce after Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
ehh not entirely true!
__________________
Windshield time means the office changes by the minute!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.