Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Life / Whatever / Misc > Babblin

Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Ever cheat and then go on to have a successful relationship?

So a buddy of mine has been with this girl on and off for about 5 years now, more on than off but they've had their issues. Anyways, during one of their rough patches he went on a bit of a spree and ran through a couple broads in a single weekend..then they fixed things and she doesn't know about it. They've been together for over a year since then and from an outsider's perspective, things look to be going pretty well for them.

It got me thinking, can you cheat on your significant other and go on and pretend it never happened? Will it eat you up inside?

Anyone have any experiences with something similar?
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
So a buddy of mine has been with this girl on and off for about 5 years now, more on than off but they've had their issues. Anyways, during one of their rough patches he went on a bit of a spree and ran through a couple broads in a single weekend..then they fixed things and she doesn't know about it. They've been together for over a year since then and from an outsider's perspective, things look to be going pretty well for them.

It got me thinking, can you cheat on your significant other and go on and pretend it never happened? Will it eat you up inside?

Anyone have any experiences with something similar?
long story short, my buddy came home one day early from work, found his longterm GF on the couch with a guy. Guy ran out the back door and ran away before he could do anything to him. She said they just were kissing and they didnt bang. They're still together to this day, that was about 4 or 5 years ago.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknuckler View Post
long story short, my buddy came home one day early from work, found his longterm GF on the couch with a guy. Guy ran out the back door and ran away before he could do anything to him. She said they just were kissing and they didnt bang. They're still together to this day, that was about 4 or 5 years ago.
F*cking ridiculous eh... some of the sh*t I hear like that is just pathetic, grow a pair of balls for f*ck sakes
Old 12-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Content Team

Knuckler, that must be some deep love to stay with a girl who snuck around on her guy like that. And who knows how many times she did that before she got caught? That's what would scare me the most if I was that guy.

I've never cheated on a girl, and never had a real urge to I don't think. Like every guy, I look at other girls, but never try to hook up with any. I do have some close girl friends though, and I make clear to the girl I'm dating that it is what it is and she'll have to trust me. I'd break up with a girl before I cheated on her, which I'm sure some chicks think is just as bad.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

This thread title alone makes me laugh my ass off!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Hall of Famer

The old saying "once a cheater, always a cheater" is true... not to mention that if you can't trust your partner, what do you have? Every time they are out of sight wouldn't it run through your mind that they are doing it again? I could see some married people having issues and trying to work them out because of kids and stuff, but IMO it would never be the same. For a single/dating person to get cheated on and stay around... they either have no self esteem or are stupid.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'll bet she's still doing the same **** to that poor bastard too.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
The old saying "once a cheater, always a cheater" is true... not to mention that if you can't trust your partner, what do you have? Every time they are out of sight wouldn't it run through your mind that they are doing it again? I could see some married people having issues and trying to work them out because of kids and stuff, but IMO it would never be the same. For a single/dating person to get cheated on and stay around... they either have no self esteem or are stupid.
That's how I feel too. If there's no kids involved and you're cheated on, you have 0 reason to stay with that person.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
I'll bet she's still doing the same **** to that poor bastard too.
I'll bet skacore's "buddy" was actually skacore.

- Sloth

Last edited by BROKEN*ORBITAL; 12-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Knuckler, that must be some deep love to stay with a girl who snuck around on her guy like that. And who knows how many times she did that before she got caught? That's what would scare me the most if I was that guy.

I've never cheated on a girl, and never had a real urge to I don't think. Like every guy, I look at other girls, but never try to hook up with any. I do have some close girl friends though, and I make clear to the girl I'm dating that it is what it is and she'll have to trust me. I'd break up with a girl before I cheated on her, which I'm sure some chicks think is just as bad.
must be deep love I guess. people are strange. I hope she's learned her lesson, but who the hell knows. I know if I was in his position she'd have her ass to the curb faster than you can say Jack Robinson
Old 12-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN*ORBITAL View Post
I'll bet skacore's "buddy" was actually skacore.
Nope. I applaud the effort though because I would think the same thing reading something like this. I started working with a guy this past month who I haven't talked to in a while and he's been giving me the update on his life.

My stance is the same as Phila26Flyers, if you're at the point where you're going to cheat on her just do everyone a favor and end it then do your thing
Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Content Team

Quote:
must be deep love I guess. people are strange. I hope she's learned her lesson, but who the hell knows. I know if I was in his position she'd have her ass to the curb faster than you can say Jack Robinson
In my opinion, it's not the girl who had lesson to learn, it's the guy.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
In my opinion, it's not the girl who had lesson to learn, it's the guy.
true. they're engaged now, soon to be married. I think next summer. I'll see if I can get a BJ from her before she reaches the alter/stage whatever the thing is
Old 12-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Hall of Famer

A man is only as faithful as his options, the key is to not get caught and then the relationship can be considered successful.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Hall of Famer

I will comment fairly extensively in this thread in a few days about an ex-friend of mine who was fooling around on his wife.\

You guys tell me if you'd be as pissed as I was.