Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
Not saying all gun violence is unavoidable.

But many people will die in the future because some guy will obtain a gun who shouldn't have been able to. And/or get an assault type rifle like this guy had that is just designed to kill a massive amount of people. Why would joe public be able to buy one of these?
This asshole did not have an assault riffle. Regardless, an assault riffle is no worse than a hunting rifle unless you know how to make it fully automatic, which is not sold to the public.

Quote:
why is the world so black and white to the gun nuts?

Reasonable laws, background checks and limits on purchasing automatic guns could REDUCE the amount of carnage when gun toting nut jobs go off. It's really quite simple.
Nobody wants to take your sacred guns away.

Just look at countries (and even states) with some laws in place regarding guns and you will see a correlation with reduced gun crimes.
I love guns but I absolutely agree there should be stricter laws and regulations. I think there should be an IQ test and a psych evaluation personally. The die hard gun nuts look at in such a way that if you give in and let government make more laws then it makes it that much easier for the next law and the next and so on until they are banned completely.

Last edited by kam; 12-14-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
Harsh and restrictive gun laws can not stop someone, who intends to inflict harm to others, from obtaining one.

True, but I could with a crowbar, rebar or a tire iron.
Which is why, say, Japan has all those rampant tire iron rampages...

Lets agree that someone who is absolutely dead set on murder can do it.

Can we also agree that the easier it is to get and own guns, the more likely random acts of violence are likely to occur?

And lastly can we agree that the more deadly the weapon, the more likely mass casualties will be in an indiscriminate attack? I.e., an indiscriminate attack with a pencil will likely cause less deaths than such an attack with a semi-automatic, which in turn will likely cause less deaths than such an attack with a nuclear device?

Last edited by Merlin401; 12-14-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
why is the world so black and white to the gun nuts?

Reasonable laws, background checks and limits on purchasing automatic guns could REDUCE the amount of carnage when gun toting nut jobs go off. It's really quite simple.
Nobody wants to take your sacred guns away.

Just look at countries (and even states) with some laws in place regarding guns and you will see a correlation with reduced gun crimes.
I purchased a gun within, literally, ten minutes. If I were hard up for cash I could have scratched off the serial number and sold it within an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
Which is why, say, Japan has all those rampant tire iron rampages...

Lets agree that someone who is absolutely dead set on murder can do it.

Can we also agree that the easier it is to get and own guns, the more likely random acts of violence are likely to occur?

And lastly can we agree that the more deadly the weapon, the more likely mass casualties will be in an indiscriminate attack? I.e., an indiscriminate attack with a pencil will likely cause less deaths than such an attack with a semi-automatic assault rival, which in turn will likely cause less deaths than such an attack with a nuclear device?
Of course, if it is easy to obtain a gun the more likely it is to commit random acts of violence, which leads to my original point: It is EASY to obtain a firearm, legally or illegally. That will never change, in America.

Look at that Chinese dude that just stabbed 22 kids. Again, if you have your mind set to inflict harm on others, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Look at that Chinese dude that just stabbed 22 kids. Again, if you have your mind set to inflict harm on others, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
All 22 of those kids lived.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Hall of Famer

I can only offer my prayers to the families and friends involved.

What a ****ing sad sack of **** ****ed sideways excuse for a human being.
"Lately I've been contemplating/Watching humans tear apart this f'ing planet/Like they've never heard of moderation/The people running things ain't worried bout no conservation/Unless there's money in the conversation.."
-C Webby

http://http://fathertheo.wordpress.com/
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairnsisGod View Post
All 22 of those kids lived.
And I'm happy about that. They could have easily died.

Not directed towards you, but restrictive gun laws? LOL. DC has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and, trust me, every scumbag gang member in SE DC has 3 or 4 guns on hand at any time.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Hall of Famer

***** with a gun in his hand - YouTube
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
And I'm happy about that. They could have easily died.

Not directed towards you, but restrictive gun laws? LOL. DC has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and, trust me, every scumbag gang member in SE DC has 3 or 4 guns on hand at any time.
What purpose does it serve to have weapons in circulation that can fire off 50 rounds in a minute?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Hall of Famer

**** this being an anti gun issue! Responsible gun owner here, and a moderate democrat at that! The Salem style witch hunt, anti gun b/s is fvcking lame as hell.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Coach

I've lost faith in humanity...sickening. Right before Christmas too, can you imagine the parents staring at the Christmas gifts they got their children?? This guy should be killed, brought back to life and killed again.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steg1989 View Post
I've lost faith in humanity...sickening. Right before Christmas too, can you imagine the parents staring at the Christmas gifts they got their children?? This guy should be killed, brought back to life and killed again.
I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. To think most of them were waiting at that fire station for their kids to come out only to have officers announce that there would be no more arriving.

The other thing that has to be tough is the images ingrained in the heads of first responders and investigators. Just hearing about it is sickening, but to have to see the carnage up close...awful.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Everything is disgusting about this incident. The media is also getting boners trying to break news, at the same time attacking scared children with microphones. Using false information and blaming some random dude coming home from work.

The shooter had his brothers id to confuse the cops i guess. while the bro was in NJ at the time and he looked scared ****tless when the cops got him. i doubt he knew a thing or was a part of it.

gf,mother,teacher,kids all killed. god this makes me so ****ing angry, what a zero of a human. he wish he was alive so they could stone him. like REALLY shooting ****ING KIDS! 1 coward alive, 1 coward dead.

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K...
I got to say it was a good day
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkfdhgfd View Post
Everything is disgusting about this incident. The media is also getting boners trying to break news, at the same time attacking scared children with microphones. Using false information and blaming some random dude coming home from work.
Media is terrible right now. Just reading through this thread there was so much wrong information spread throughout the day.

CNN was interviewing a mom and daughter who went to the school and the little girl clearly didn't want to be there and didn't answer any questions when asked. I had to change the station after that
Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
Media is terrible right now. Just reading through this thread there was so much wrong information spread throughout the day.

CNN was interviewing a mom and daughter who went to the school and the little girl clearly didn't want to be there and didn't answer any questions when asked. I had to change the station after that
Exactly why I can't stand to watch the news anymore. Some people like to bag on the media for being this nonstop, bleeding heart machine that is so passionate about the people. I don't see it that way. I see a ton of scumbags not caring who they interview or what they say, as long as they get a quote and some eyes watching. The more misinformation they can pump out quickly, the better. It just means viewers will be forced to keep tuning in to get the real story.

One person I feel the worst for, assuming he's not complicit, is the shooter's brother. He lost his entire immediate family, maybe some friends, and his own friends may never look the same way at him again. I just hope the
public treats him as his own person, and doesn't stigmatize him for being related to a mass murderer. It doesn't help that the information initially reported put him at the school with his brother.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Content Team

Haha, canuck2...saying gun nuts always say "now is not the time to talk about gun control" is the extreme opposite of what you're doing: using a tragedy to push your agenda. Lunatics are ALWAYS going to have access to guns. Felons can't buy them in stores, but they can always "grip a hot piece" off the street.