Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Life / Whatever / Misc > Babblin

Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades29 View Post
I Heard that the second suspect was caught and it is this guy's brother. Anyone have a link er anything?
Media is making up crap right now trying to be the first to break it. Its sickening the way they are acting, sticking microphones in front of the children witnesses, come the **** on already. These facebook hunters are not helping at all either.
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Super All-Star

http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy...undman-2012-12

Here's what we know about the gunman (or gunmen) so far:

• CBS identified the shooter as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, but The New York Post reports the shooter was 20-year-old Adam Lanza. (The wrong Ryan Lanza may have been pictured on CBS and Fox.)

• The gunman was reportedly wearing all black, a mask and a bullet-proof vest while carrying Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun. Officials tell CBS News that a .223 caliber rifle was found in his car, and that all of the guns were legally purchased by Ryan Lanza.

• NBC reports that the gunman shot and killed his mother, who was a kindergarten teacher at the school, at the scene. The shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the kindergarten classroom after firing dozens of rounds in two rooms.

• USA Today reports that the police searched a home in the Sandy Hook part of Newtown, owned by Lanza's parents, and found reportedly the body of Lanza's father.

• A senior law enforcement official tells CNN says one of the brothers of the shooter was found dead in a home searched in Hoboken, New Jersey.

• An official tells AP that the girlfriend and friend of Ryan Lanza are missing in New Jersey.

• AP reports that the suspect 's brother is being held. It's not clear if the brother was the person found in the woods near the school wearing camouflage pants and a black jacket who told parents at the scene that he "did not do it." The New York Post says the brother — who they identify as Ryan as opposed to Adam — is not a suspect.

• Authorities are “not locked in on the idea that this is the act of one single shooter.”

18 children were pronounced deceased on site and 2 passed a way in a hospital.

Last edited by straka91; 12-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Hall of Famer

I really hope this isn't the start of people going crazy because of 12/21/12...

Right before Christmas.. I cannot imagine what the parents and families are going through...

RIP.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
Old 12-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
Media is making up crap right now trying to be the first to break it. Its sickening the way they are acting, sticking microphones in front of the children witnesses, come the **** on already. These facebook hunters are not helping at all either.
No man, I heard it on the radio. I couldn't find anything so I thought someone may have seen something. That's all.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Sh!ts gottta stop.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

This has reached an all-time low. You literally would have to have no soul whatsoever to shoot a bunch of innocent children like that. Real fukin ballsy!

It's **** like this that makes me never want to have kids and have to bring them up in a world like this

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims, families, and everyone else effected by this. Stay safe everyone
Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades29 View Post
No man, I heard it on the radio. I couldn't find anything so I thought someone may have seen something. That's all.
I heard something about it too along with 900 other variations, I dont think we will get solid facts till next week once the media frenzy cools down a bit.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
My heart goes out to those families who lost a loved one.

the gun violence of America continues. Innocent people continue to be shot in mass shootings. Gun proponents will continue to downplay the rampant availablitity of guns having any role in these massacres. all the gun lemmings will nod "yes" to their Messiah the NRA.

The gun nuts will say "not now". No discussions when emotions are high. Then when the emotions die down nobody will talk about it anymore.

ONLY IN AMERICA.
Here we go, it's the guns fault. Too soon and wrong thread, bud.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
Here we go, it's the guns fault. Too soon and wrong thread, bud.
I hear that a lot. "too soon" "not when the emotions are high". yet the incident will pass and everyone forgets.

Nice strategy by the gun nuts.

The kid used a gun designed for a war.

I just want to assure the gun nuts nobody wants to take away your guns.

Lets have a reasonable discussion about some reasonable limits on what type of gun can be available for Joe Public to buy. Lets talk about mandatory background checks.

Take a chill pill Mr. Gun guy.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Why are people saying "prayers" for the families of the deceased? Please God, send strength to the parents of the children you just allowed to get gunned down. Thank you God.

- Sloth
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN*ORBITAL View Post
Why are people saying "prayers" for the families of the deceased? Please God, send strength to the parents of the children you just allowed to get gunned down. Thank you God.
allowed? what? explain.

Reach beyond the sun.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2 View Post
My heart goes out to those families who lost a loved one.

the gun violence of America continues. Innocent people continue to be shot in mass shootings. Gun proponents will continue to downplay the rampant availablitity of guns having any role in these massacres. all the gun lemmings will nod "yes" to their Messiah the NRA.

The gun nuts will say "not now". No discussions when emotions are high. Then when the emotions die down nobody will talk about it anymore.

ONLY IN AMERICA.
Agree...

Then it will happen again and nothing will be learned..

Prays go out to the families
Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruby View Post
allowed? what? explain.
Dear God, creator, and all mighty with the power to do anything. Please stop this tragedy by making the shooter have a heart attack and die 15 seconds before he enters the school.

Thanks God.

- Sloth
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Dear God, creator, and all mighty with the power to do anything. Please stop this tragedy by making the shooter have a heart attack and die 15 seconds before he enters the school.

Thanks God.
got it! and agreed!

Reach beyond the sun.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The christian faith believes he allowed His own Son to be crucified... gives you some perspective, doesn't it?

just sayin...

It's been fun boys. Thanks for all the fun debates great discussion. Cheers, Matt