Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Life / Whatever / Misc > Websites
repair

Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Guy in car chase in Phoenix bails out and kills himself on live TV

The thread title should give away what happens.

Fox News Car chase in Phoenix/Tonopah AZ ends in...
HordiBrusk29 (09-29-2012), lefthook1 (09-30-2012), Mr. America (09-30-2012), MrFrost (09-30-2012), Phila26Flyers (09-29-2012), thruby (09-30-2012)
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Hall of Famer

I was watching the internet feed from the helicopters that fox news were using. No analyst you could only hear the helicopter people. So the guy hijacked a car, drove away, helicopters chased him, he ran out of gas, ran like 100m, then offed himself with a bullet to the head. The helicopter guy just said "Aw SH!T HE JUST KILLED HIMSELF!!!" then the whole screen turned off. Pretty intense stuff.

When he first exited the car I was thinking he was gonna try to shoot the helicopters since I saw he had a gun. But yeah it was an intense thing to watch live anyway! I was posting about it on my facebook page, and after he offed himself and they cut the screen im just like ''And he shot himself in the head!"

Fox news had it on TV on delay, but showed it anyway. Weird.

Shepard Smith apologizes for airing suicide live...

Last edited by theknuckler; 09-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Hall of Famer

I don't have sound here at work, but I love the title for the vid nuckler posted.

There is only one reason to have that news helicopter up, and that is to hope someone dies.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
I don't have sound here at work, but I love the title for the vid nuckler posted.

There is only one reason to have that news helicopter up, and that is to hope someone dies.
Yup. I got home around 3:15 my time just in time for the final 15 minutes of this saga. Lots of driving, then all of a sudden, whooooooooops. I'll be honest and say I was expecting at least a crash.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Too be honest, I think he was genuine with his "sorry." A hockey fight vid is more gory then this, Im sure the local news would of shown it for ratings. Too bad the guy killed himself, should of just stopped, and gave up to the cops. No reason to commit suicide over a ****ing car.

geeez
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Sure looked different than in the movies.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Looks like they still were able to cut off the best part at the end. I think the apology should be for cutting it off too soon. What a tease. No gunfire. No blood spatter. No head explosion.

Hell, why not just show scrolling text.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Did the cops give up a while back? Besides the police helicopter, there was nobody even close to him. Not sure what they expected to happen. Dude was definitiely struggling with something.

Here is a much longer video. Some of Shepard Smith's commentary is hilarious in the last 10 minutes.

Arizona Car Chase The Ending is not Good One To...
The Following User Says Thank You to Baronking For This Useful Post:
Phila26Flyers (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
Did the cops give up a while back? Besides the police helicopter, there was nobody even close to him. Not sure what they expected to happen. Dude was definitiely struggling with something.

Here is a much longer video. Some of Shepard Smith's commentary is hilarious in the last 10 minutes.

Arizona Car Chase The Ending is not Good One To watch - YouTube
Holy s*t!! That move at 18:20 was insane!

I wonder if he was on some kind of drug. With all the hallucinogens and meth out there, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this jamoke was out of his tree on something vicious. But damn, what a hell of a driver.

I don't think the cops saw the point in chasing someone at 100 mph on the interstate. It seems like that only creates an exponentially more dangerous situation. I guess the luxury that barren desert affords is you don't have to worry about him tearing up suburbia and running red lights and cutting through parks, so you can sit back and see where he goes. I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be the officer in charge of making that call. Every mile is crucial during a "chase" like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phila26Flyers For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Holy s*t!! That move at 18:20 was insane!

I wonder if he was on some kind of drug. With all the hallucinogens and meth out there, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this jamoke was out of his tree on something vicious. But damn, what a hell of a driver.

I don't think the cops saw the point in chasing someone at 100 mph on the interstate. It seems like that only creates an exponentially more dangerous situation. I guess the luxury that barren desert affords is you don't have to worry about him tearing up suburbia and running red lights and cutting through parks, so you can sit back and see where he goes. I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be the officer in charge of making that call. Every mile is crucial during a "chase" like that.
I think he was definitely on something. When he got out of the car he was all over the place. Amazing he didn't crash though. If he really wanted to get away, driving down a dirt road in the middle of the desert would be the worst possible idea. So the cops must have decided just to back off and wait for him to fade out.

Its funny this was on in the background when I was eating lunch at work today and one of the guys said he was surprised they were following it live considering something bad might happen. I told him they run these things on delay to make sure they cut away in time...woops

Last edited by Baronking; 09-29-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
I think he was definitely on something. When he got out of the car he was all over the place. Amazing he didn't crash though. If he really wanted to get away, driving down a dirt road in the middle of the desert would be the worst possible idea. So the cops must have decided just to back off and wait for him to fade out.

Its funny this was on in the background when I was eating lunch at work today and one of the guys said he was surprised they were following it live considering something bad might happen. I told him they run these things on delay to make sure they cut away in time...woops
Yeah, you gotta love the dramatic irony of the news team saying if he runs out of gas, that's the end of it.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29th_Candidate View Post
Looks like they still were able to cut off the best part at the end. I think the apology should be for cutting it off too soon. What a tease. No gunfire. No blood spatter. No head explosion.

Hell, why not just show scrolling text.
In the first vid they show the "end". Not sure the caliber of the weapon used or the distance of the helicopter, but there was no dramatic exit wound that could be seen.

It will be interesting to see the backstory on this individual and the whole situation. Something tells me this wasn't his first rodeo.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Just something interesting I have noticed with these sort of videos where people get shot and die...

How come they don't go into spasms? I mean, this guy just went stiff after shooting himself in the head. (Obviously they cut out right away).

Hell, you shoot a pig in the head and they jerk around for 5 minutes or so, even if you bleed them.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Hall of Famer

I was waiting for him to say "Under Bush gas was cheaper and he would have gotten further, just another example of how Obama is killing Americans, literally".

It is Foxnews after all, Lol.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
In the first vid they show the "end". Not sure the caliber of the weapon used or the distance of the helicopter, but there was no dramatic exit wound that could be seen.

It will be interesting to see the backstory on this individual and the whole situation. Something tells me this wasn't his first rodeo.
I just watched it again. Yep. Not a very spectacular suicide, but they did show it in its entirety. There must have been a glitch with my computer's streaming the first time around.