Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Hall of Famer

My routine is basically p90x with some variations.

I do core every morning with biking then:

Monday: Shoulders and arms
Tuesday: Chest and Back
Wednesday: Chest Shoulders Triceps
Thursday: Back and Biceps
Friday: Legs and back
Saturday: Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
I can post the diet I'm on
Do it.
You and Me, Even after everything
You're the Queen and I'm the King
Nothing else means anything.
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Hall of Famer

im throwing ideas around in my head about a new workout for the fall. what do you guys think of this:

Push:
Shoulder Press
Incline Press
Flat Press
Dips
Tricep extensions w/ rope

Pull:
Pull Ups
Seated Horizontal Rows
Standing Vertical Rows
Reverse Fly
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls

Legs:
Squat
Deadlift
Calf Press/Raise
Jumping Lunges

a few questions: do you guys think doing squats and deadlifts on the same day is too much? should i throw in shrugs w/ "push" or "pull" day? I'm a little worried that i'll be dead tired by the time i get to flat bench press on "push" day, so i may change the order up now and then.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Jesus just got some terrible news, A club i ran in Revere Ma, one of the owners passed away Saturday during a triathlon in Vermont. He was 54.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Clever admin title

I took all last week, Sunday to Sunday, off to recover. All I did was my 4 mile jog with the husky, and that was it. About to head to the gym in an hour or so, and man do I feel ****ing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyFan View Post
Do it.
High protein, light carb, and minimal fats - but needs to be "good fats" or unsaturated fats.

Generally, looking for about 400G of protein a day, about 200-300G of carbs and 20-50G of fats.

So, my diet, as it's been daily for the past 3 months..
-Breakfast 5am: oatmeal, chicken or steak, and 3 hard boiled eggs - just the whites
-Breakfast 2 at 8.30am: 8 oz chicken breast and either a granola bar or steamed white rice
-Lunch at noon: protein bar and a smaller piece of chicken or two protein bars, and a table spoon of natural peanut butter
-Mid afternoon snack at 3pm: 8 oz chicken breast and steamed rice or fiber bar with steamed broccoli.
-Dinner at 6pm: Salmon, trout or tuna, an apple and a table spoon of peanut butter

Then a protein shake after my workout in the evening.

Every now and again I'll work avacado into the diet for a week or so, and some fat free greek yogurt in place of the eggs for breakfast. All depends on my taste buds.

Also, I build in a cheat meal each week. It helps really rev up the metabolism when you eat a burger or something like that for the cheat meal, and you can literally feel your body's metabolism kick into overdrive to destroy the burger.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011

Last edited by JKidd; 08-20-2012 at 08:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
BullyFan (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
Push:
Shoulder Press
Incline Press
Flat Press
Dips

Pull:
Pull Ups
Seated Horizontal Rows
Standing Vertical Rows
Reverse Fly
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls

Legs:
Squat
Deadlift
Calf Press/Raise
Jumping Lunges

a few questions: do you guys think doing squats and deadlifts on the same day is too much? should i throw in shrugs w/ "push" or "pull" day? I'm a little worried that i'll be dead tired by the time i get to flat bench press on "push" day, so i may change the order up now and then.
I would stick with squat and deadlift on the same day. If you have to, change up the style of deadlift to RDL (straight leg) or change the squat from weight based to speed/rep based or even timed where you squat for 10 minutes, but you do a rep, wait 10 seconds, do another, wait 10 seconds, etc.. for two 5 minute periods.

I would definitely throw shrugs in with the pull day. You're going to be targeting the traps pretty well with the row actions, and you don't want to overtrain them by doing something trap extensive like shrugs on what should be an "inactive" day.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
Philly Fan 27 (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
General Manager

Right now I'm on a P90X/Insanity hybrid among other stuff. Only work out 5 days a week and am on a three month swing. Right now I am three weeks in on month 2. I change up the workouts every month.

Currently:

DAY 1: Chest/Shoulders and Tri's / 15 Minutes of abs
DAY 2: Insanity: Max Interval Sports Training
DAY 3: Back and Biceps / 30 Minutes Core
DAY 4: 30 Mins Core Training / 30 Mins of Taekwando
DAY 5: Legs/Back 15 Minutes of abs
DAY 6: Insanity: Pure Cardio 20 Minutes of pure hell (Every other week)

The sixth day is every other week but if I have time on the weekend I will do it since the workout is only 20 minutes long. Also, on my fourth day I swap out the Taekwando for Yoga every other week. What I try to do is balance resistance with core with cardio. I will switch up all my workouts every month but keep that balance.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM
General Manager

Quote:
I took all last week, Sunday to Sunday, off to recover. All I did was my 4 mile jog with the husky, and that was it. About to head to the gym in an hour or so, and man do I feel ****ing great.

High protein, light carb, and minimal fats - but needs to be "good fats" or unsaturated fats.

Generally, looking for about 400G of protein a day, about 200-300G of carbs and 20-50G of fats.

-Breakfast 5am: oatmeal, chicken or steak, and 3 hard boiled eggs - just the whites
-Breakfast 2 at 8.30am: 8 oz chicken breast and either a granola bar or steamed white rice
-Lunch at noon: protein bar and a smaller piece of chicken or two protein bars, and a table spoon of natural peanut butter
-Mid afternoon snack at 3pm: 8 oz chicken breast and steamed rice or fiber bar with steamed broccoli.
-Dinner at 6pm: Salmon, trout or tuna, an apple and a table spoon of peanut butter

Every now and again I'll work avacado into the diet for a week or so, and some fat free greek yogurt in place of the eggs for breakfast. All depends on my taste buds.

Also, I build in a cheat meal each week. It helps really rev up the metabolism when you eat a burger or something like that for the cheat meal, and you can literally feel your body's metabolism kick into overdrive to destroy the burger.

I do this:

6am: 4 Egg Whites, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, organic salsa, and little sprinkle of cheese omelet. 3 slices of Turkey Bacon. Protein Shake

10am: Plain no fat Greek Yogurt and a Protein Bar

2pm: Either a large Romaine Lettuce Salad with Grilled Chicken or a Chicken/Turkey Sandwich either on a low carb whole wheat wrap filled with vegetables including avocado

5pm: (pre workout) Banana and protein bar

630 pm: Post Workout recovery drink

730pm: Usually have Grilled Chicken, grilled vegetables, brown rice and steamed broccoli.

I dont count carbs anymore because Ive been doing this for a few years now and pretty much have it down. It usually adds up to 200+ g of protein and i try and run a ratio of 2/1/1 protein to carbs to fat depending on what I feel my body needs. I usually cut the fat down and come up with 3/2/1 but again it all depends on how my body feels that particular day.

Oh yeah and I only follow this diet on the weekdays and I try my best to follow it on the weekends as well but I don't sweat it if I miss a feeding or not reach my ratios. As long as I focus during days i work out Im ok.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IhateLindros For This Useful Post:
BullyFan (08-20-2012), JKidd (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Today I trained in the garage, very basic setup, a powercage, bench, 7fy olympic bar, ez curl bar and about 500lbs in plates......it was 'powerlfting set day' for me.......

I started with squats-

1 - 35reps 225lbs
2 - 24reps 275lbs
3 - 18 reps 275lbs
4 - 10 reps 385lbs
5 - 12 reps 385lbs

Flat bench press

1 - 12 reps 135lbs
2 - 12 reps 225lbs
3 - 10 reps 225'lbs
4 - 5 reps 275lbs
5 - 20 reps 135lbs

deadlifts

1 15reps 135lbs
2 12 reps 185lbs
3 12 reps 185lbs...... (only started deadlifting this year and can do much more but i usually dont rep with over 275)

3 sets 12 reps skull crushers with 95lbs.
some biceps and forearms at the end and im done, takes about 50 minutes.....this powerlifting deal makes me feel super strong and my muscle bellies are engorged with blood flow by the time im done.

Nothin special just old school today.

"Sut ma Dit" - Mike Tyson

Godspeed Mr. Iommi, May you slay Cancer and send it to Hell!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2,5,10GameMatch For This Useful Post:
BullyFan (08-25-2012), JKidd (08-21-2012), Philly Fan 27 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Hall of Famer

what i found to work for me

Day 1 Bi's
Day 2 Chest
Day 3 Back
Day 4 Tri's/Shoulders
Day 5 Legs or take a day off

or take two days off and mix up with what you start with first.

I've seen some great results doing on one group at a time. Now to switch it up I'm going to do two groups together for a month then go back to one a day.

One other idea, take 4 to 5 days off after a month of working out. Helps rebuild and repair. I'm not a body builder by any means but for an average guy it seems to be working well
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Hall of Famer

I can't do squats. My knees have been fuCked since I was 13. After junior, they've been worse.

Any low impact drills that have worked for anybody?
You and Me, Even after everything
You're the Queen and I'm the King
Nothing else means anything.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
im throwing ideas around in my head about a new workout for the fall. what do you guys think of this:

Push:
Shoulder Press
Incline Press
Flat Press
Dips

Pull:
Pull Ups
Seated Horizontal Rows
Standing Vertical Rows
Reverse Fly
Preacher Curls ----Chins
Hammer Curls

Legs:
Squat
Deadlift
Calf Press/Raise ---- Lunge/Leg Press
Jumping Lunges ---- Leg Curl/Leg Press (feet wide apart & high)

Just some things i'd change.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papas1175 View Post
what i found to work for me

Day 1 Bi's
Day 2 Chest
Day 3 Back
Day 4 Tri's/Shoulders
Day 5 Legs or take a day off

or take two days off and mix up with what you start with first.

I've seen some great results doing on one group at a time. Now to switch it up I'm going to do two groups together for a month then go back to one a day.

One other idea, take 4 to 5 days off after a month of working out. Helps rebuild and repair. I'm not a body builder by any means but for an average guy it seems to be working well
Legs are your biggest muscle in your body. To skip working them would be counter productive. You should have them as your first exercise of the week.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2,5,10GameMatch View Post
Today I trained in the garage, very basic setup, a powercage, bench, 7fy olympic bar, ez curl bar and about 500lbs in plates......it was 'powerlfting set day' for me.......

I started with squats-

1 - 35reps 225lbs
2 - 24reps 275lbs
3 - 18 reps 275lbs
4 - 10 reps 385lbs
5 - 12 reps 385lbs

Flat bench press

1 - 12 reps 135lbs
2 - 12 reps 225lbs
3 - 10 reps 225'lbs
4 - 5 reps 275lbs
5 - 20 reps 135lbs

deadlifts

1 15reps 135lbs
2 12 reps 185lbs
3 12 reps 185lbs...... (only started deadlifting this year and can do much more but i usually dont rep with over 275)

3 sets 12 reps skull crushers with 95lbs.
some biceps and forearms at the end and im done, takes about 50 minutes.....this powerlifting deal makes me feel super strong and my muscle bellies are engorged with blood flow by the time im done.

Nothin special just old school today.
I am curious how low you go on your squats. The reps sure seem quite high. Any vids?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Don't be afraid to eat fat. Whole eggs are very very nutrious and much better than egg whites. Olive oil is great as well. I would up your fat and drop some carbs. Maybe stick to 200 carbs on non-lifting days with 75-100 g of fat and on workout days up the carbs and take in less fat. Maybe 300-400 carbs and 20-30g of fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChiefJunior For This Useful Post:
JKidd (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyFan View Post
I can't do squats. My knees have been fuCked since I was 13. After junior, they've been worse.

Any low impact drills that have worked for anybody?
How low can you go? You don't need to drop your ass and quads parallel to the ground to get some benefit out of squats. Even halfway or just to where you feel the muscle kick in would do it. That, combined with lighter weight, would give you a bit of a workout. Or use a leg press machine to get more control and stabilization. That's what I would recommend. As far as squats go with your knees, there's really not much else you can do I don't think.

Or, you can scrap that all together and ride a high bike and low bike with some resistance. Bikes don't have to be strictly cardio. I almost always ride the bikes for strengthening and endurance. I don't know the specifics of your knee problems though, and whether your knees hurt most during extension or flexion could change everything.