Old 11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Douchebags at the Gym

One thing i can't stand about going to the gym is that of the guys who almost treat the weight machines as a place where they can lounge-out while talking to their friends.

When i'm at the gym i'm not there to spend an hour+ socializing with my fellow juice heads and fellow protein shake swallowers. I typically want to get in and out within 30 minutes.

I realize your going to get some of these guys at your local YMCA, but the way i see it, if your in between reps, try to rest your lips and not just your muscles.

I'm sure 2,5,10GameMatch will have something to say about this
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpzilla For This Useful Post:
CapsFan99 (12-16-2009)
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2009, 01:48 PM
General Manager

Yeah, it pisses me off when people are sitting on the machines just talking while you can't use them.

The other people I hate are the ones who don't wipe down any of the machines when they are finished with them.
CapsFan99 (12-16-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Hall of Famer

You mean the guy's with the spandex pants, one gallon water jug and weighlifting belt on?
those guys are so cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to canuck2 For This Useful Post:
mongoose (11-25-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Old 11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
That's one fancy lookin' coat rack.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PuckHogs29 For This Useful Post:
acdcrocksno1 (01-11-2010), Bloody Fists (11-30-2009), CapsFan99 (12-16-2009), forsberg21 (11-25-2009), Humpzilla (11-19-2009), Jack Schitt (11-20-2009), lefthook1 (11-20-2009), Phila26Flyers (11-24-2009), steve1480 (11-23-2009), T800m101 (11-24-2009), The Crow (11-24-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Hall of Famer

I dislike it when people put too much spray on the machines and don't wipe it off. Or, when they directly spray the machines instead of the cloth.

In fact, those cloths have so much spray on them that it's not required to put any more on.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpzilla View Post
One thing i can't stand about going to the gym is that of the guys who almost treat the weight machines as a place where they can lounge-out while talking to their friends.

When i'm at the gym i'm not there to spend an hour+ socializing with my fellow juice heads and fellow protein shake swallowers. I typically want to get in and out within 30 minutes.

I realize your going to get some of these guys at your local YMCA, but the way i see it, if your in between reps, try to rest your lips and not just your muscles.

I'm sure 2,5,10GameMatch will have something to say about this

I think that gets on everyones nerves. I'm not saying I don't socialize at the gym, I do, however when I am talking to buds its not wasting a machine that someone else could use. I go to a gym in my hometown, so I always see old friends there, and I usually go for like an hour and a half, and if I actually went in, shut up, and lifted I could be out in about 45 minutes...But what you're describing is annoying, and can usually be narrowed down to 2 different groups. 1.) High school kids who play sports, that get points or some sort of reward by how often they lift in the offseason but don't have too much of an interest. You'll see 7 or 8 of them just sitting around on 1 machine. 2.) The juice heads, usually there is 3 or 4 of them, usually including one beastly looking female. They are the ones who are the obnoxiously loud grunters as well. They seem to try and buddy buddy with all of the gym employees and spend 3/4's of their day there.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Y B FLYERS View Post
I think that gets on everyones nerves. I'm not saying I don't socialize at the gym, I do, however when I am talking to buds its not wasting a machine that someone else could use. I go to a gym in my hometown, so I always see old friends there, and I usually go for like an hour and a half, and if I actually went in, shut up, and lifted I could be out in about 45 minutes...But what you're describing is annoying, and can usually be narrowed down to 2 different groups. 1.) High school kids who play sports, that get points or some sort of reward by how often they lift in the offseason but don't have too much of an interest. You'll see 7 or 8 of them just sitting around on 1 machine. 2.) The juice heads, usually there is 3 or 4 of them, usually including one beastly looking female. They are the ones who are the obnoxiously loud grunters as well. They seem to try and buddy buddy with all of the gym employees and spend 3/4's of their day there.
I'm the same way. I'll shoot the **** with some of my friends, a couple who even work their as trainers. But if i do so, i'll do it either while resting away from the machines, or when i'm done with my workout.

But at peak hours, (5 pm through 8 pm), nothing pisses me off more than guys who spend like 10 minutes between sets, or who choose to just gab with guys they either hardly know or someone they could be shooting the breeze with outside of the gym. I mean, i'm not looking to start any conflict....i understand the deal. But c'mon, have some consideration for those who want to take down their workout and get back to regular life.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpzilla View Post
I'm the same way. I'll shoot the **** with some of my friends, a couple who even work their as trainers. But if i do so, i'll do it either while resting away from the machines, or when i'm done with my workout.

But at peak hours, (5 pm through 8 pm), nothing pisses me off more than guys who spend like 10 minutes between sets, or who choose to just gab with guys they either hardly know or someone they could be shooting the breeze with outside of the gym. I mean, i'm not looking to start any conflict....i understand the deal. But c'mon, have some consideration for those who want to take down their workout and get back to regular life.
I'll call them out when that happens. In an overly almost obnoxiously polite way say "hey do you mind if I work in there?"

That usually embarrasses them into moving along.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuckHogs29 For This Useful Post:
bigtufflarry (06-06-2013), R.Middleton (11-20-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Super All-Star

OOOOO don't get me goin"
I try to go to the gym when there is no one around, say 7:30 in the am... but there is always someone who pisses me off.

I hate the fuking monkeys who won't let you work in a set while they just sit there on a machine or bench listening to cRAP music cranked up on their IPod that you can hear across the frikken' room. Or if they do actually let you work in a quick set they act like you just inconvenienced them.

I also hate dickheads who don't put their plates and bars back on the racks.
Guys who grunt like they are having a child really irritate me.

Then assholes who sign in to 2 consecutive time slots on the treadmill during peak hours when people are waiting to get their cardio in.

Then there are the ladies who stand around and cackle. Just shut up and go have a chai-latte at Starbucks and talk about your Carribean cruise, you don't belong here.

Then there is the b[tch who get's on the machine beside you soaked in some god-awful body spray and cackles on her Blackberry while she "works out", a little sweat won't hurt you there princess.

And the worse offenders are in the locker room.
Pls keep your fungus covered feet off the fuking bench where I sit you stupid chinese cock eater. You know who I am talking about. And then the other asshole who takes all the paper towels because he is too stupid or cheap to rent a towel.

Then there are the guys who piss in the shower... seriously. Or spit.
And the guys in the winter who walk all over the change room in their slushy gritty boots instead of leaving them at the door.

Oh I could go on.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr-Mustard For This Useful Post:
antonio106 (11-20-2009), canuck2 (11-20-2009), GODARDNYI (11-24-2009), Humpzilla (11-19-2009), JKidd (11-19-2009), mongoose (11-25-2009), The Crow (11-24-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mustard View Post
OOOOO don't get me goin"
I try to go to the gym when there is no one around, say 7:30 in the am... but there is always someone who pisses me off.

I hate the fuking monkeys who won't let you work in a set while they just sit there on a machine or bench listening to cRAP music cranked up on their IPod that you can hear across the frikken' room. Or if they do actually let you work in a quick set they act like you just inconvenienced them.

I also hate dickheads who don't put their plates and bars back on the racks.
Guys who grunt like they are having a child really irritate me.

Then assholes who sign in to 2 consecutive time slots on the treadmill during peak hours when people are waiting to get their cardio in.

Then there are the ladies who stand around and cackle. Just shut up and go have a chai-latte at Starbucks and talk about your Carribean cruise, you don't belong here.

Then there is the b[tch who get's on the machine beside you soaked in some god-awful body spray and cackles on her Blackberry while she "works out", a little sweat won't hurt you there princess.

And the worse offenders are in the locker room.
Pls keep your fungus covered feet off the fuking bench where I sit you stupid chinese cock eater. You know who I am talking about. And then the other asshole who takes all the paper towels because he is too stupid or cheap to rent a towel.

Then there are the guys who piss in the shower... seriously. Or spit.
And the guys in the winter who walk all over the change room in their slushy gritty boots instead of leaving them at the door.

Oh I could go on.
That was legitimately your best post on this site, ever. It's also exactly why I avoid the gym anytime before 9AM and after 3 pm.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorka85 View Post
That was legitimately your best post on this site, ever.
Gee thanks I guess?
From the tone of your post, I gather that's not saying much.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mustard View Post
Gee thanks I guess?
From the tone of your post, I gather that's not saying much.
Heh nah just bustin' your balls chief. That was just a good rant.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Super All-Star

Some really good points have been made so far all around.....

For the most part, I agree with everything that's been said, but I'd also like to add the following:

-People who wear popped collar shirts (or collared shirts period for that matter). Every time I see these assholes, I wish a 45 pound weight would fall right on their heads. They are ALL OVER the place here in LA.

-People who hog certain machines and don't do any exercises right. In my old hometown, there was this one old guy who would take the leg press machine for literally over an hour at a time, and he would go down about three inches when doing presses. He would just do this forever, and if he took a break he would lay down a towel to mark his territory, then come right back and take up another half hour on the machine. God what a douche.

-Juiceheads who make fun of you from across the room when they see that you can't bench as much weight as them. If I took steroids then I too could probably bench 400 whatever. Just because I'm going about it more slowly and trying to do it on willpower rather than taking the ***** way out and doing drugs that would shrink my nuts doesn't make me less of a man.

-Guys who wear spaghetti strap shirts. Although it's kind of funny at the same time because it exposes their backne and massive stretch marks.

-Guys who wear cologne and slick back their hair when going to the gym. Why? Just...why? I don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PoGpFgRwQ
The Following User Says Thank You to Bench Clearer For This Useful Post:
The Crow (11-24-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Hall of Famer

I also find the asian guys who weigh 130 lbs and bust out the wife beater to the gym to be fairly funny. Actually, most guys who wear a 'beater to the gym tend to be a bit iffy. Not all, but most.

I mean really...it's mostly other dudes that you're trying to "show off" to. C'mon now.