Old 08-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Clever admin title
Trader Rating: (11)

Bringing this back to the top for Tito and others wanting to get started.

Advertisement
Old 08-16-2002, 10:52 PM
Super All-Star
Trader Rating: (30)

Even having rare footage of team/player footage helps in your collection helps in trading tapes.
This is where a listing of fights, comes in handy, for each tape that you currently have.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Clever admin title

Bump![D]
Old 10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Minor Leaguer
Trader Rating: (0)

Thanks for bumping this. I sent a few e-mails off to folks, and some blanks off to misfit (thanks!!).

I've never made a fight tape, but I do have a few of my games on tape, with some fights. One was mine. But it's US Junior B hockey (well well below canadian major junior that's usually traded) so I doubt anybody wants those. But in my opinion you can get some good fights in jr b. Especially the leagues wheres its only 5 PIM. Some leagues its a game misconduct. I say f-that [})]

Billy
Old 10-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Hall of Famer
Trader Rating: (9)

Billy, I don't suppose you have any USHL footage do you?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Minor Leaguer

Nope, but my brother plays out there in Iowa. I'll see what I can do.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Trader Rating: (9)

That would be cool as hell if you could get ahold of something. Which team does he play for?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Minor Leaguer

He plays for the rough riders (Iowa). My other brother plays at Boston College. So I've got my work cut out for me!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Minor Leaguer
Trader Rating: (1)

I used my extensive wrestling video tape collection to build my collection. Most of the guys I hooked up with off the start had gigantic lists so the fact they are wrestling fans helped immensely.

I also was lucky enough to save my Fist Of Fury tapes from way back, originals from the company. Some guys have used them as a VQ improvement.

I also made my own tapes for a few years which also helped ten years later when I decided to get back into it.

I've taken boxing tapes, CD's, blanks,Video games and concert videos in trade.

It's all good. Love when I get a package in my mailbox, or a slip inviting a trip to the post office.

One tip for traders in the US sending tapes to Canada Keep the value of the package under 40 bucks, otherwise there is a good chance the receiver of your stuff will have to pay a duty charge.

Sometimes even a moderately valued package will get dinged. I recently got a ten tape package that was valued at 30 bucks. Cost me 11 dollars extra for duty. Not that big a deal but it can add up.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Super All-Star

quoteOriginally posted by khawk20

One tip for traders in the US sending tapes to Canada Keep the value of the package under 40 bucks, otherwise there is a good chance the receiver of your stuff will have to pay a duty charge.

Sometimes even a moderately valued package will get dinged. I recently got a ten tape package that was valued at 30 bucks. Cost me 11 dollars extra for duty. Not that big a deal but it can add up.

Anything over 20 is taxed. Best bet is to mark it as a gift as a value of 5 or 10 bucks.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm trying to remember how I started off getting tapes. I really don't remember the first tape I got, but I know that taping Spitfire games has become the main thing that sparks trades. Now, I won't trade with someone unless

1) They're in Windsor...it's much easier this way(this is for ppl who I don't know as well). At least this way I can get the tapes back if needed, quicker...

2) I know them....if you're out of town, I have to have talked to you via email or something. I won't just trade tapes with some unknown guy who's never been on this site before. Just so ya'll know that.

Generally....I don't go looking for trades, and if someone asks where I got a tape from, I don't tell specific names(don't need that person to be harassed for a copy...it's happened before).

Old 04-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Hall of Famer
Trader Rating: (1)

Tips for New Traders

There use to be a thread about this, but I couldn't find it and I know we have some people on the site that are interested in getting started. If you don't have any tapes to trade many on this site will try to accomodate you.

Good trade items

Other Sporting Events
UFC tapes
Girls Gone Wild Tapes(and I'm not joking)
Games from all sorts of gaming systems
CD's
Tapes of Concerts
Regular movie DVD's

pretty much you can trade anything lol. Don't be afraid to ask for help a lot of us vets will try and help the new people out.

Edit: thank you to the mod that found the thread, I'm such a schmuck

Last edited by cowboy; 04-20-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:02 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy
There use to be a thread about this, but I couldn't find it and I know we have some people on the site that are interested in getting started. If you don't have any tapes to trade many on this site will try to accomodate you.

Good trade items

Other Sporting Events
UFC tapes
Girls Gone Wild Tapes(and I'm not joking)
Games from all sorts of gaming systems
CD's
Tapes of Concerts
Regular movie DVD's

pretty much you can trade anything lol. Don't be afraid to ask for help a lot of us vets will try and help the new people out.

Edit: thank you to the mod that found the thread, I'm such a schmuck

One of the obvious is blanks. 2 blank VHS for 1 tape seems the norm. Blank DVD's are almost comparable to blank VHS but it's up to the trader.

"He's got the taste of salmon now. He just got hit in the face with a Koho." SNW colour commentator

"Bleed all over him, let him know you're there" Ned Braden, Slapshot
Old 04-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Coach

Moving this up to the top....someone shouldmake this a "sticky" topic. It seems as if a lot of people are interested in trading and with all of the new trades asking about it, this is definitely a hands down good article for them to read.

where is that rep button when you need it?

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 PM
General Manager
Trader Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateLindros
someone shouldmake this a "sticky" topic.
Done.