Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilburtis9363 View Post
I don't consider beuks/domi anything like laraque/brash. Beuks was feeding domi early, but domi came back and put him down. Clear tko

Brash had langdon in a very difficult spot once he got the jersey over his head. Langdon out muscled brash and freed his head from the jersey. The rest of the fight was pretty much all Langdon. He landed quite a few rights and lefts

Colton Orr vs Deryk Engelland Oct 13, 2010 - YouTube
I can see where people would try to compare it though, you know how fans are, they will reach for any sliver of credibility to support their view. It's ok, I know the difference, most of the time.
lilburtis9363 (05-02-2013)
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus12 View Post
Too bad Langdon was probably the biggest pillow puncher ever. It was all Brashear earlier -and he landed the better shots- but Langdon came on late and landed more than Brash. Fight was a draw.
right, ask probert,lindros, ray, mcsorley, kordic, berube, laraque, odjick if he was a pillow puncher.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus12 View Post
He didn't hurt or damage any of those guys. He was a known pillow puncher, there is no denying this. His MO was to tie the other guy up, wait for him to get tired and land weak punches. He won his fights by out-pointing the opposition, not by pummeling them. I will say he did land a real nice shot on Odjick, but I remember him getting beat up by Dan Kordic.
Conisdered a pillow puncher by the uneducated. He bloodied lindros, stunned berube, landed some stiff punches on ray, stunned probert, pounded laus.. He was a smart fighter who didn't look for the ko punch, but he should never be considered a pillow puncher.

Last edited by lilburtis9363; 01-07-2013 at 05:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilburtis9363 For This Useful Post:
GOON 21 (01-08-2013), NameyMD (01-08-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Langer is one of the biggest pillow punchers i've ever come across. Stunned Probert?? If by stunned you mean stung? I'll have to see that fight. He threw very quick, short punches. He outpointed guys. with stinging shots from both sides. I think he had just the one tko in his entire NHL career. I don't remember him hurting anyone or breaking any faces save for maybe Odjick. I could care less though as Langer was a great marathon fighter who won the majority of his fights by going the long haul. I don't think it's an insult to call him a pillow puncher. Jay Miller also gets labled a pillow puncher as well and he's one of my all-time faves. And he probably had more tko's to his credit than langer did. Guys like them developed a style where they simply didn't go for the bomb or the KO shot. Langer did counter like it was no one's business though. great fighter. but a pillow puncher. I think he hurt doug Zmolek with a punch to the throat though. I also have to disagree about him being a boring fighter. There was lots of action in his fights. His style just didn't fit in with the crash and bang I-want-everything-right-now short attention span generation.
battleship25 (01-07-2013), BENNETTWOLF (01-07-2013), lilburtis9363 (01-07-2013), mikebflorida (01-08-2013), pesadillamal (01-07-2013), RetardedChimp (01-08-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
Langer is one of the biggest pillow punchers i've ever come across. Stunned Probert?? If by stunned you mean stung? I'll have to see that fight. He threw very quick, short punches. He outpointed guys. with stinging shots from both sides. I think he had just the one tko in his entire NHL career. I don't remember him hurting anyone or breaking any faces save for maybe Odjick. I could care less though as Langer was a great marathon fighter who won the majority of his fights by going the long haul. I don't think it's an insult to call him a pillow puncher. Jay Miller also gets labled a pillow puncher as well and he's one of my all-time faves. And he probably had more tko's to his credit than langer did. Guys like them developed a style where they simply didn't go for the bomb or the KO shot. Langer did counter like it was no one's business though. great fighter. but a pillow puncher. I think he hurt doug Zmolek with a punch to the throat though. I also have to disagree about him being a boring fighter. There was lots of action in his fights. His style just didn't fit in with the crash and bang I-want-everything-right-now short attention span generation.
My apologies i didnt want to make this into a langdon thread just had to call out that noob.

He definitely stung* probert with some rights you could see the pain in his face and he bloodied the hell out of brett lindros. He wasn't a joey kocur/curt fraser/rob ray type of puncher but his punches always found their mark. Agreed he was entertaining and had an average of 6.0/10 fun rating.

As for the brashear fight, i gave it to langdon for his comeback. Brash even was asking the linesman to come in it appeared and langdon kept hitting him.

Last edited by lilburtis9363; 01-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilburtis9363 For This Useful Post:
mikebflorida (01-08-2013), srehm1 (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilburtis9363 View Post
As for the brashear fight, i gave it to langdon for his comeback. Brash even was asking the linesman to come in it appeared and langdon kept hitting him.
Absolutely agree. Great showing by Langer in that one. When you fight Langdon you better pack a lunch... and dinner.
lilburtis9363 (01-07-2013), mikebflorida (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Hall of Famer

And a snack. And Elevenses.

Langdon had the best stamina of ANY fighter that I've ever seen. Ever.

That's a bold statement but I am going to stand by it.

He at least earned a draw against Brashear who was all tied up in knots and losing at the end but did enough early to earn a draw himself.

Langdon didn't have KO power that I know of but short, stinging punches do their damage, especially when you get hit with 8 or 9 of them from both sides and they weren't noogies like some guys would use just to score points with the fans, Langer threw shots to the eyes, nose, and jaw, very accurate, quick punches. No, I've never been hit with one of them but seeing the look on his opponent's faces after a minute and a half of him beating them up slowly says it all. That stunned, what the hell just happened, I thought I was a good fighter look.

I am not a huge fan of technical fighters but Langdon will have earned his place in my top 50 all time fighters with the likes of Tim Hunter and Basil McRae when it's all said and done. He earned it.
lilburtis9363 (01-08-2013)