Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Remarkable Comeback Wins!

The fight is on and your guy is getting hit with the kitchen sink.

Is it time to throw in the towel? HELL NO.

He's coming back with a vengeance and not only weathers the storm but wins the fight!

Do any fights pop into your head when you think of comeback wins?

One that comes to mind for me is Wayne Cashman's fight in the playoffs with the New York Islanders Gary Howatt. Howatt suckers Cashman and then the Tide turned as an "older" Wayne Cashman turned back the clock of time.

Let's hear about some of your favorite COMEBACK WINS!

Last edited by spiderarms; 01-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderarms For This Useful Post:
battleship25 (01-02-2013), blockerpunch (01-02-2013)
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Cummins gets dropped early in the fight but comes back in this war against Dale Purinton.

Jim Cummins vs. Dale Purinton - YouTube
Of course Behn Wilson lost only a "few" fights. He played in an era where several "great" fighters lost only a "few" fights. Does that make his era so incredibly "great"? Or does it make it incredibly "weak"?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to srehm1 For This Useful Post:
battleship25 (01-02-2013), Blues 34 (01-02-2013), BullyFan (01-04-2013), Cat Smasher (01-04-2013), furiousBall (01-03-2013), spiderarms (01-02-2013), thekidd21 (01-07-2013), Viper207 (01-04-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Excellent CHoice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
Cummins gets dropped early in the fight but comes back in this war against Dale Purinton.

Jim Cummins vs. Dale Purinton - YouTube
Text Book Comeback!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderarms For This Useful Post:
frankie515 (01-07-2013), srehm1 (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Tie Domi on Ken Belanger
spiderarms (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Mark Janssens with a quick turnaround here after almost getting floored.

Mark Janssens vs Jeff Chychrun - YouTube

Kris King had a nice comeback here, but not sure if he gets the win.

Kris King vs Marty McSorley RANGERS vs KINGS -...
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pesadillamal For This Useful Post:
NameyMD (01-02-2013), spiderarms (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Minor Leaguer

Georges Laraque was beating up on Brashear but ended up getting dropped.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Hall of Famer

A Controversial Comeback but........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioyvenheaven1 View Post
Georges Laraque was beating up on Brashear but ended up getting dropped.
But not a win for Brashear IMO. He did comeback though and knock him down.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderarms View Post
But not a win for Brashear IMO. He did comeback though and knock him down.
Not a win for Laraque either, you can't win the fight by getting dropped. I call it a TKO win for Brashear (like most do) but I understand people calling it a draw.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Hall of Famer

In the lesser-mentioned of their two fights, Gary Nylund is whaling away on Bob Probert, before Probert alters the balance of things with a right hand from hell:

Bob Probert vs. Gary Nylund - YouTube

Not convinced on the W for Probert bit, mind, it just gets *real* dirty after that right lands.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Coach

One of my all time favorites, Mark Tinordi, takes a huge hit from Primeau, watches Primeau crush his defense partner with an elbow, drops his gloves and goes after Primeau around the linesmen, eats two huge rights from Primeau and than drops him with a huge right of his own... And Tinordi was an old man by this point. Just a great showing from a solid veteran.

Mark Tinordi vs Keith Primeau - YouTube

The infamous Clark/McSorely fight in 1993 would probably have to be another. Clark - with a big assist from Todd Gill - smokes McSorely with two huge shots that land hard and McSorely looks like he is on the ropes. Than McSorely rights himself, and starts to land shots and Clark is done and hanging on. Eventually the linesmen come in and save Clark from more punishment.

Carkner takes a bunch of shots from Cam Neely and looks to be well on his way to taking a vicious beating... Than gets loose and depending on who you ask (Bruins fans won't like it), drops Neely with a big shot to end the fight.

Terry Carkner vs Cam Neely Jan 12, 1987 - YouTube

Willie Mitchell of all people was putting a beating on Jarome Iginla and had him beaten, until Iginla finally straightens himself out and drops Mitchell hard with a big time left.

Willie Mitchell vs Jarome Iginla Oct 11, 2008 -...

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

The Following User Says Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
Blues 34 (01-05-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Peat vs Cairns Dec 2, 2003 - YouTube
Brandon Prust vs Rick Rypien Jan 9, 2010 Round 1...
McGrattan vs Boogaard Jan 16, 2006 - YouTube
Blood Bath on Ice - YouTube

Last edited by lilburtis9363; 01-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Hall of Famer

By your theory............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioyvenheaven1 View Post
Not a win for Laraque either, you can't win the fight by getting dropped. I call it a TKO win for Brashear (like most do) but I understand people calling it a draw.
Brashear can't be given the win either by your theory, he was dropped earlier in the fight, not once but twice. IMO, you look at the "whole pie" and what I see is BGL getting the decision but I respect other viewpoints.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Hall of Famer

Savage Fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
In the lesser-mentioned of their two fights, Gary Nylund is whaling away on Bob Probert, before Probert alters the balance of things with a right hand from hell:

Bob Probert vs. Gary Nylund - YouTube

Not convinced on the W for Probert bit, mind, it just gets *real* dirty after that right lands.
The hair pulling and head but made for one dirty fight. But I like to see a fight where two guys fight to win, not patting each other on the back after smacking each other in the face ten times!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Hall of Famer

One timers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
One of my all time favorites, Mark Tinordi, takes a huge hit from Primeau, watches Primeau crush his defense partner with an elbow, drops his gloves and goes after Primeau around the linesmen, eats two huge rights from Primeau and than drops him with a huge right of his own... And Tinordi was an old man by this point. Just a great showing from a solid veteran.

Mark Tinordi vs Keith Primeau - YouTube

The infamous Clark/McSorely fight in 1993 would probably have to be another. Clark - with a big assist from Todd Gill - smokes McSorely with two huge shots that land hard and McSorely looks like he is on the ropes. Than McSorely rights himself, and starts to land shots and Clark is done and hanging on. Eventually the linesmen come in and save Clark from more punishment.

Carkner takes a bunch of shots from Cam Neely and looks to be well on his way to taking a vicious beating... Than gets loose and depending on who you ask (Bruins fans won't like it), drops Neely with a big shot to end the fight.

Terry Carkner vs Cam Neely Jan 12, 1987 - YouTube

Willie Mitchell of all people was putting a beating on Jarome Iginla and had him beaten, until Iginla finally straightens himself out and drops Mitchell hard with a big time left.

Willie Mitchell vs Jarome Iginla Oct 11, 2008 - YouTube

Tinordi was a pretty good scrapper, I was impressed with his fight with Probert when he was with Rangers early in his career. Probert nailed him several times but he kept coming.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderarms View Post
Brashear can't be given the win either by your theory, he was dropped earlier in the fight, not once but twice. IMO, you look at the "whole pie" and what I see is BGL getting the decision but I respect other viewpoints.
Brashear was dropped once, but was able to recover and score a nice win over Laraque. Calling it a win for Laraque is just ridiculous.