claimed
Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Remember When?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM
All-Star

Off ice who do you think would be the toughest

In a actual street fight who do you think woud've been the best.

I'd say Twist would defiantly be a guy you wouldn't want to fight on the streets especially since there wouldn't be a ref to save you from him. Worrell Brashear and Laraque I think would all be horrible to get into fisty cuffs with off skates or on as these guys are ****en trucks and by the way them being black doesn't have much to do with it. I also think Troy Crowder, Sandy McCarthy, Boogs, Chara, Orr and of course Probert would all **** **** up in a street fight...
The Following User Says Thank You to royjonesjr For This Useful Post:
spiderarms (12-04-2012)
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Super All-Star

Nick Fotiu
Old 09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Hall of Famer

wendel clark would be fast i can imagine.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Domi
Clark
Fraser
Jonathan
little guys ...with the low center of gravity...no quit ..balance ,and bombs= BIG TROUBLE !!!

The big guys...
Probert , for sure...I laughed as his brother Norm told me the story when ( I think they were at the drive in) and some guys tried to steal some beers out of the back of their truck....needless to say ...very, very bad idea.

Link Gaetz...definately

Brash....I don't mean to start a whole Brash bashfest ...but I don't think he would like to fight in the street, harder to hug, no refs when you bail....you get the idea. I said it before ...he doesn't have that love of combat that a Jonathan , or a Domi has.

Bob Gassoff....he had the right attitude.... he wasn't big but he had a huge amount of fight in him( of course he'd be with the smaller guys).

Fotiu...same problem as Brash...didn't have the meanstreak, did win some street stuff...but with very strong opposition ...I think he'd be in a little trouble....I could be wrong with him, he might take on another personality on the street, but from what I see on the ice...didn't like getting hit, didn't like long trading fights, seemed to want to win quick and spin and pull off balance...... can't do that on the street...no for long.

Nystrom ...another one with the right 'attitude'...never say die and always looking to land....what a natural fighter.

Wensink.... oh ya !!! He might want to keep you for an extended stay at the hospital, you may even loose your sight ( or even an eyeball )

That's it for now, great thread...I'm sure I'm forgetting some greats...........
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to battleship25 For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (09-30-2008), brad houghton (10-01-2008), BullyFan (12-05-2012), mikebflorida (12-05-2012), MrFrost (09-30-2008), pesadillamal (12-04-2012), thekidd21 (12-04-2012)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Since I was a few years behind Fotiu in the same High School I did witness him away from the rink and he definitely had a screw loose and would be tough to beat....Saw him take on a whole soccer team from New Utricht in Brooklyn where several players pulled knives on Nicky - Fotiu grabs a near-by bicycle as a shield throws it on top of the knife wielders and the whole team ran like the Dickens - The guy was ballzy and crazy tough.... So, I am a bit biased here....

I also think that Probert would be hell on wheels as well as Gaetz....
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Following User Says Thank You to BaddaBing Badda Boom For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Gaetz
Lacovic
Vandenbusche
Burnett

Retarded is tarded..... twice
Old 09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Super All-Star

Gino Odjick

We want guaranteed violence
Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
All-Star

Wensink - O'Reilly said John just didn't know when to stop. He should have done jail time for some of the damage he did in the minors.

Last edited by FitzG; 09-30-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
All-Star

Cote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Super All-Star

Thought this was a good thread, always like hearing about altercations off ice between players. I bet Dave Brown would have been a weapon off ice, same with Kocur.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Scott Parker hands down. He would tear that Kocurs and Odjicks off ice in two pieces, believe me

You don't cheapshot one of my players like that, it doesn't make any sense. Fight a guy straight up, whoever wins, wins, but at the end of the day respect yourself for being a fair player and a fair fighter.
The Sheriff
The Following User Says Thank You to V12_Bi-Turbo For This Useful Post:
blades29 (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Alot of good names mentioned but surprised it took so long for Kocurs name to get mentioned. Can you imagine if some big drunk challenged him. At 6'0 ft he wasn't huge so I could see it but 220lbs of one punch thunder would send people to the hospital.

Probert would probably be the champ there to. Guy was just a beast. I'll never forget the time I saw him at the west inn hotel in winnipeg. He looked like he was in a bad mood heading to the bus. I was a little surpised by his size looked really big and his head was huge.

HM:
Simon at 6'4 240 lefty and its safe to say with the stick to hollwegs throat and foot/skate stomp on Ruutu he was a loose cannon.

Domi- how could you hurt that coconut head and his left would confuse and anilate guys.

Clark- speed and power to boot. Plus he didn't mind wacking guys ready or not.

Twist- freakish strength but would he be outsmarted?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rondo For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (12-04-2012), FistofFury (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Most legit HW enforcers hailing from Saskatchewan. Those farm boys are known to be some of the strongest and toughest around.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Guys with an edge

Some that I don't think have been mentioned:

Marty McSorley
Stu Grimson
Chris Nilan
Jay Miller
Gary Howatt
Terry O'Reilly
Ken Baumgarter
Rob Ray
Tim Hunter
John Ferguson
Dan Maloney
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Mick Vukota - With no helmet on I may hit my head on the pavement when he grabs my pants and throws me down.

Nystrom and Clark - With no gloves to drop the jumping would be even harder to defend.

Cam Janssen = Would KO me as I laughed at his stupid twitching face.

Dave Brown - I don't want that chimp's blood on me.

Nick Fotiu - I once saw him take on a herd of African buffaloes. By the end of it he was the dominant male, roaming the outskirts of the pack and scaring lions away.

Ed Kastellic or Jim Korn - I don't need a hug.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pesadillamal For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (12-04-2012), mikebflorida (12-05-2012)