#1 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
BaddaBing Badda Boom's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 4,655
My Composite Enforcer

This is my idea of a prototypical NHL enforcer that would span any era and perhaps be the gold standard when scouts are looking to sign an enforcer:

Size: Laraque
Moxsy: O'Reilly
Physicality: Twist
Heart - Stock
Strength - Twist
Power - Twist
Speed - Kimble
Determination - O'Reilly
Courage - O'Reilly
Longeveity - Probert
Never Quit - Probert
Smarts - Wilson
Left - Brown
Right - Twist
Switching Hands - Mckenzie
Chin - Gaetz
Look - Holt
Know How - Probert
Control - Gillies
Willingness - Stock

And there you have it. The alltime enforcer that would span all eras and handle any threat. I thoroughly believe that this specimen would be able to handle anything that you can assemble.

Word!

Life!
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by BaddaBing Badda Boom; 10-05-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Colt Seavers's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Stay back 500ft or 152.4 meters
Posts: 7,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddaBing Badda Boom View Post
This is my idea of a prototypical NHL enforcer that would span any era and perhaps be the gold standard when scouts are looking to sign an enforcer:

Size: Laraque
Moxsy: O'Reilly
Physicality: Twist
Heart - Stock
Strength - Twist
Power - Twist
Speed - Kimble
Determination - O'Reilly
Courage - O'Reilly
Longeveity - Probert
Never Quit - Probert
Smarts - Wilson
Left - Brown
Right - Twist
Switching Hands - Mckenzie
Chin - Gaetz
Look - Holt
Know How - Probert
Control - Gillies
Willingness - Stock

And there you have it. The alltime enforcer that would span all eras and handle any threat. I thoroughly believe that this specimen would be able to handle anything that you can assemble.

Word!

Life!
Excellent choices for your categories! I would go with Langdon under -Know How. Endless debate with any choices of your fighters though!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Lars24's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Posts: 1,425
Aye ! not bad "six million dollar" goon BBBB. I'd suggest maybe switch Chin from Gaetz to Nystrom. And Speed to Berube. Also figure Nystrom could slide in the Determination area. But endless combos I guess.
__________________
"Not my Captain Pal"

RIP Bob Probert
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
BaddaBing Badda Boom's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars24 View Post
Aye ! not bad "six million dollar" goon BBBB. I'd suggest maybe switch Chin from Gaetz to Nystrom. And Speed to Berube. Also figure Nystrom could slide in the Determination area. But endless combos I guess.
Duly noted:
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 11:43 PM
winged wheel's Avatar
All-Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis. Mi
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars24 View Post
Aye ! not bad "six million dollar" goon BBBB. I'd suggest maybe switch Chin from Gaetz to Nystrom. And Speed to Berube. Also figure Nystrom could slide in the Determination area. But endless combos I guess.
Always great to hear good things about Nystrom, one of my all time favorites, the man had heart and as you put it determination was part of his DNA. There seems like thier should be a catagory for Dan Maloney, the man would tap you on the chin one time and the next day it looked like you had been hit a ten times and mugged.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
dipandmitts's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: beach
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjman48 View Post
Excellent choices for your categories! I would go with Langdon under -Know How. Endless debate with any choices of your fighters though!
i agree with you on this one, technicly langdon was the best ever
__________________
" I make no apologies for it ," Ducks GM Brian Burke said Thursday." That's the way our team is built. if you're going to come into our barn you better be ready for a square dance.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Dr Hook's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,708
Since a lot of these categories seem synonamous (or at least in my mind), I'm going to do my own criteria. Hope you don't mind BBBB.

Size: Laraque
Strength: Twist
Heart: Odgers
Endurance: Langdon
Temperament: Brown
Rep/Fear Factor: Twist
Longevity: Probert
Balance: Domi
Right Hand: Twist
Left Hand: Brown
Accuracy: Ray
Chin: Domi
Technicality: Langdon
Speed: Berube
Hand Switching: May
Look: Holmgren

So, there it is!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Hook For This Useful Post:
BENNETTWOLF (11-13-2012)
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Dr Hook's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipandmitts View Post
i agree with you on this one, technicly langdon was the best ever
A good case could be made for Tim Hunter as the best ever. But either way you have 1. a and 1. b.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Mr. Pink's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KC
Posts: 5,137
Where the f*ck is Joey Kocur on these lists!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 16,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddaBing Badda Boom View Post
This is my idea of a prototypical NHL enforcer that would span any era and perhaps be the gold standard when scouts are looking to sign an enforcer:

Size: Laraque
Moxsy: O'Reilly
Physicality: Twist
Heart - Stock
Strength - Twist
Power - Twist
Speed - Kimble
Determination - O'Reilly
Courage - O'Reilly
Longeveity - Probert
Never Quit - Probert
Smarts - Wilson
Left - Brown
Right - Twist
Switching Hands - Mckenzie
Chin - Gaetz
Look - Holt
Know How - Probert
Control - Gillies
Willingness - Stock

And there you have it. The alltime enforcer that would span all eras and handle any threat. I thoroughly believe that this specimen would be able to handle anything that you can assemble.

Word!

Life!
Take all that and then insert eight flat, four ounce titanium wedges inside each knuckle. Twist's power, Kimble's speed, titanium knuckles......that I would pay to see
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Redtown's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14,096
Put that composite fighter together and Probert still wins 6 or 7 out of 10.
__________________
Do you turtle?

Remember the Hemsky incident!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Big Mac 24's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 485
Kocurs RIGHT HAND along with Berubes SPEED with REACH of Cairns or even Chara...ouch
__________________
You only have one life, live it.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
BaddaBing Badda Boom's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hook View Post
A good case could be made for Tim Hunter as the best ever. But either way you have 1. a and 1. b.
Interesting am sure a case can be made, but how?
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
mikebflorida's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddaBing Badda Boom View Post
Interesting am sure a case can be made, but how?
For best technical fighter. Langdon or Hunter? A new thread perhaps?

Funny thread though, creating the perfect monster for hockey fighting. Awesome!

I'd keep it simple and just put Probert for all categories.
__________________
Elusive Member of The 7,000 Post Club!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM
BaddaBing Badda Boom's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
For best technical fighter. Langdon or Hunter? A new thread perhaps?

Funny thread though, creating the perfect monster for hockey fighting. Awesome!

I'd keep it simple and just put Probert for all categories.
Yeah, I guess when u think about it Probert was exactly what we are trying to create in the lab, duh!
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.