Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Remember When?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Hall of Famer

He once turtled to Mike Komisarek
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
Even in threads with nothing to do with Wilson, Kocur or Brown you drag them in... Your "who me" nonsense is a joke. We all know what you were doing, just do everyone a favor and go somewhere else with your agenda. It's old and tired.
Well, then change the top 3 ! Who shall I compare them to? The 34, 35, 36th ranked? When your at the top expect people to take shots at you. Why do u take it so personal? Do you have an emotional attachment to having these people in the top 3 forever? Is that your job? "To protect at all costs" LOL
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
He once turtled to Mike Komisarek
Yeah! I know! - Wasn't the fear of facing Komisarek in the future the real reason behind Godard's retirement? Yeah! real scared oooooooooooooooh!

Steve MacIntyre vs Eric Godard Nov 6, 2008 -...
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddaBing Badda Boom View Post
Well, then change the top 3 ! Who shall I compare them to? The 34, 35, 36th ranked? When your at the top expect people to take shots at you. Why do u take it so personal? Do you have an emotional attachment to having these people in the top 3 forever? Is that your job? "To protect at all costs" LOL
So Kocur is top 3 now? You ruin threads... People don't want or need to see your inane bull****. Is it your job to bring those guys in when they have no business being there? You're just an old man with OCD riding your one trick pony as far it will take you.

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
mikebflorida (11-08-2012), RetardedChimp (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
So Kocur is top 3 now? You ruin threads... People don't want or need to see your inane bull****. Is it your job to bring those guys in when they have no business being there? You're just an old man with OCD riding your one trick pony as far it will take you.

useful idiots is a term Vladimir Lenin came up with to describe lapdogs in the media that spewed the party line regardless of their beliefs/data/facts - in fact in marxist theory after all the counter-revolutionary outside forces are dealt with the vanguard (leadeship) suppose to fold into the proletariat and everbody sing Kum-By-Ya - but, since absolute power corrupts absolutely that never happens and BTW: they usually dispense of the useful idiots first since they betray their own beliefs and cannot be trusted
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by BaddaBing Badda Boom; 11-07-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Super All-Star

BBBB I'll save you the work

Chris Simon vs Dave Brown Round 2 - YouTube
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blockerpunch For This Useful Post:
mikebflorida (11-08-2012), rondo (11-08-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Coach

Quote:
useful idiots is a term Vladimir Lenin came up with to describe lapdogs in the media that spewed the party line regardless of their beliefs/data/facts - in fact in marxist theory after all the counter-revolutionary outside forces are dealt with the vanguard (leadeship) suppose to fold into the proletariat and everbody sing Kum-By-Ya - but, since absolute power corrupts absolutely that never happens and BTW: they usually dispense of the useful idiots first since they betray their own beliefs and cannot be trusted
Brilliant. Please explain how it relates to your OCD with bringing in the same players into every thread?

Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

The Following User Says Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNETTWOLF View Post
Just for the curious, here are godard's rankings according to merlin which stop at 2009-10.

Before the lockout in 2002-03, godard ranked #8

He didn't rank again until 05-06

05-06: #6
06-07: #6
07-08: #7
08-09: #4
09-10: #5
When i did my top-10 score post in the lineage thread, Godard finished with 36 points. Enough for the 23 spot out of the 91 fighters who finished as a top-10 fighter at least once in their career by merlin's great lineage/top-10 thread. His numbers may go up when the last two season are updated.

If i recall Odjick and Orr finished with the same score, but i placed them according to who came into the league first.

Last edited by srehm1; 11-07-2012 at 06:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to srehm1 For This Useful Post:
BENNETTWOLF (11-10-2012), mikebflorida (11-08-2012), rondo (11-08-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
When i did my top-10 score post in the lineage thread, Godard finished with 36 points. Enough for the 23 spot out of the 91 fighters who finished as a top-10 fighter at least once in their career by merlin's great lineage/top-10 thread. His numbers may go up when the last two season are updated.

If i recall Odjick and Orr finished with the same score, but i placed them according to who came into the league first.
nice. unfettered detective work, on point.

thx for refocusing thread.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockerpunch View Post

That fight is a classic and makes you wonder if Simon would have fought with that passion and minus A few shoulder injuries where he would be all- time. Top 5 for sure. Still one of the best.

That's classic standing up to and beating the bully!!!

Anyhow what were we talking about? That fight just gets the juices flowing .
The Following User Says Thank You to rondo For This Useful Post:
blockerpunch (11-09-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
That fight is a classic and makes you wonder if Simon would have fought with that passion and minus A few shoulder injuries where he would be all- time. Top 5 for sure. Still one of the best.

That's classic standing up to and beating the bully!!!

Anyhow what were we talking about? That fight just gets the juices flowing .
not when I show it !

BTW: Rondo, save your breath about Simon's bad shoulder/s, here's why:

He does not qualify for the "grace" or waiver that is ascribed to the favorites here; i.e. - Wendl Clark's back, Wilson's back, Brown's age, Kocur's hand - you get the picture - also, Simon does not qualify for the "he was an old man by then" waiver - I stand shoulder to shoulder w/you - Brown could not bull-dog Simon or Probie. Its not that they don't understand, they won't understand - big difference.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by BaddaBing Badda Boom; 11-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaddaBing Badda Boom For This Useful Post:
rondo (11-08-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Coach

More excuses than a fat girl cheating on her diet....

Explain why he took a 6 season "vacation" from fighting. You couldn't before and you can't now. He was healthy enough to play 70 games, but he wasn't healthy enough to fight once? Whats your infatuation with guys NOT fighting? You also couldn't explain all of his bails... He went down every time he was close to trouble. No heart at all... That's why people don't care for Simon. Classic front runner, alright on top, but folds like a cheap tent when anyone comes close.

The Following User Says Thank You to I like Boobs For This Useful Post:
mikebflorida (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockerpunch View Post

really gives you hope that in this world good seems to get the last word over evil....nice.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 11-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
really gives you hope that in this world good seems to get the last word over evil....nice.
Brown did seem to play the bad cop. But Simon definitely took it to him. Amazing since Brown usually rolled over everyone. Simon had he not gotten hurt I think could have become in at least the top 3 in power forwards, nice hands for a guy wqith meat-hooks
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Yeah! I know! - Wasn't the fear of facing Komisarek in the future the real reason behind Godard's retirement? Yeah! real scared oooooooooooooooh!

Steve MacIntyre vs Eric Godard Nov 6, 2008 - YouTube
Am a big SM fan - but, I have to say that Godard did seem to have this thing for slaying giants - a couple times he beat Boogie, Brash, etc... This guy in my view could have easily beaten Probert, Wilson, Brown and on the flip-side could have lost to them - I think Godard's confidence was easily breached or he let things outside the rink bug him - he had nice power with that sweeping right across the jaw