hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Remember When? (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Chris Simon (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f18/chris-simon-176393/)

Leaf2717 09-08-2012 11:37 AM

Chris Simon

The name keeps coming up and I always liked him, so if you missed it in the 1990's here's a link to a fairly good SI article on a guy you probably think is top 10 or do not think about at all...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...9231/index.htm

All the best.

mikebflorida 09-08-2012 03:58 PM

BBBB just creamed his jeans. :0)

:D :p

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-11-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebflorida (Post 2509513)
BBBB just creamed his jeans. :0)

:D :p

You remind me of the quintessential lapdog - follow the pact blindly right over the cliff - nothing wrong with bucking the trend, especially when you are on good ground. Simon kicked all the ass that was necessary, and then some - I have no problem with him in the top 5 as he beat Brown, brashear, Probie, Domi, and I think it is well within the realm of probability that he would have taken care of Kocur and Wilson as well. No worries!

BullyFan 09-11-2012 08:51 PM

So why not put him at #1, rather than top 5?

mikebflorida 09-12-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullyFan (Post 2510531)
So why not put him at #1, rather than top 5?

Damn good question. He has the same syndrome as BenchClearer with Brashear. Simon at #2 all time and a whole truck load of minuscule reasons why, same as benchy, it's pretty amusing watching them squirm while everyone else has Probert, Brown, and Wilson in their top 3, well most most folks anyway, I think 2,5,10 has Clark here while NystromOwnsYou has.........wait for it ........Nystrom in his top 3.

It's just the lay of the land, people have their favorites and haters gonna hate. It keeps it entertaining. :D

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebflorida (Post 2510578)
Damn good question. He has the same syndrome as BenchClearer with Brashear. Simon at #2 all time and a whole truck load of minuscule reasons why, same as benchy, it's pretty amusing watching them squirm while everyone else has Probert, Brown, and Wilson in their top 3, well most most folks anyway, I think 2,5,10 has Clark here while NystromOwnsYou has.........wait for it ........Nystrom in his top 3.

It's just the lay of the land, people have their favorites and haters gonna hate. It keeps it entertaining. :D

It's just the lay of the land, people have their favorites and haters gonna hate. It keeps it entertaining. :D[/quote]

Yeah! Just like you - Look in the mirror!

srehm1 09-14-2012 07:04 PM

I was watching some Anaheim Ducks footage the other day. On one of the discs i came across an incident I never knew about. It was footage of Chris Simon refusing to fight Mark Janssens. Janssens challenges him, but Simon wants no part. Janssens tries to egg him on to fight but Simon wasn't interested. Jannsens tried pushing and shoving him but the linesmen jumped in as Simon threw a cheap little gloved punch. I never knew Simon acted in that manner with Janssens. Basically refusing to fight him. this incident was a year after their two fights when Janssens was with Hartford. I guess you can honestly say that Janssens was in his head! Simon certainly had a healthy respect for Janssens that's for sure.

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-14-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srehm1 (Post 2511441)
I was watching some Anaheim Ducks footage the other day. On one of the discs i came across an incident I never knew about. It was footage of Chris Simon refusing to fight Mark Janssens. Janssens challenges him, but Simon wants no part. Janssens tries to egg him on to fight but Simon wasn't interested. Jannsens tried pushing and shoving him but the linesmen jumped in as Simon threw a cheap little gloved punch. I never knew Simon acted in that manner with Janssens. Basically refusing to fight him. this incident was a year after their two fights when Janssens was with Hartford. I guess you can honestly say that Janssens was in his head! Simon certainly had a healthy respect for Janssens that's for sure.

Yeah! Fotiu had Clackson - Wilson had Fotiu - Simon had Janssens - and Janssens should have had Paul Laus in his head.

Paul Laus Vs Mark Janssens - Round 1 - YouTube

Paul Laus Vs Mark Janssens - Round 2 - YouTube

srehm1 09-14-2012 09:00 PM

It's on youtube!

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens rough - YouTube

Simon had a healthy respect!

Of course round 1:

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens Round 1 - YouTube

and round 2:

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens Round 2 - YouTube

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-14-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srehm1 (Post 2511493)
It's on youtube!

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens rough - YouTube

Simon had a healthy respect!

Of course round 1:

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens Round 1 - YouTube

and round 2:

Chris Simon vs Mark Janssens Round 2 - YouTube

Hey! even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while:

Bob Probert Vs Dave Morissette - YouTube

bob probert gets dropped by todd ewen - YouTube

Chris Simon vs Bob Probert - YouTube

I like Boobs 09-15-2012 04:09 AM

Nice Job Srehm! That was during his no fight years in Washington. Can you imagine anyone taking an entire season off from fighting? Than hiding from Mark Janssens... Janssens definitely beat Simon twice. Hammered him really, and was obviously in his head. One would could easily pontificate that Simon's actions were predicated on previous confrontations where he had been bested pugilistically... Fear was emblazoned across Simon's personage and was reflected by his passive indeed submissive display to Janssen's robust and brutal tactics. Feeling discretion was the better part of valor, he chose to not engage the gladiator who bested him twice. Yielding and passing the heavyweight championship with the docility of a newborn babe. Janssens is without challenger and has displayed his dominance in the Parthenon Valhalla of bare knuckled ice boxing warriors.

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-15-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I like Boobs (Post 2511570)
Nice Job Srehm! That was during his no fight years in Washington. Can you imagine anyone taking an entire season off from fighting? Than hiding from Mark Janssens... Janssens definitely beat Simon twice. Hammered him really, and was obviously in his head. One would could easily pontificate that Simon's actions were predicated on previous confrontations where he had been bested pugilistically... Fear was emblazoned across Simon's personage and was reflected by his passive indeed submissive display to Janssen's robust and brutal tactics. Feeling discretion was the better part of valor, he chose to not engage the gladiator who bested him twice. Yielding and passing the heavyweight championship with the docility of a newborn babe. Janssens is without challenger and has displayed his dominance in the Parthenon Valhalla of bare knuckled ice boxing warriors.

Yeah! He was so frightened that he immediately quit and sent his double in to:

Chris Simon vs Rob Ray - YouTube

Chris Simon vs Jesse Boulerice - YouTube

George Parros vs Chris Simon Mar 29, 2006 -...

Colton Orr vs Chris Simon 9/24/07 - YouTube

Chris Simon Vs Todd Fedoruk - YouTube

I like Boobs 09-15-2012 12:51 PM

Well he had to fight Ray, he'd been embarassed by Alexader Karpovtsev taking him to the woodshed and smacking him around in his fight before. Rob Ray won as many as he lost... Nowhere Nearly as impressive as say the beatings Kocur put on Ray ;)

Simon had a soft soft soft card in Washington/Chicago. He reigned terror on the Dan Lacouture's, Bryce Salvador's, Chris Dingman's, Sean Brown, Wayne Primeau, Doug Houda types. That's a Fotiuesque fight card.

He lost to almost every solid heavyweight he ever fought during that period other than Todd Ewen. Chris McAllister twice, Janssens twice, ran from Janssens, Langdon beat him, Reid Simpson tossed him around, Keith Primeau hurt him, Scott Parker hurt him and Simon pulled the chute. Funny it was the same move he used against Boogard when he was getting free. Compare and contrast:

Chris Simon vs Scott Parker - YouTube

Chris Simon vs Derek Boogaard Jan 14, 2006 -...

Pulled the same move on Chris Neil when Neil had him in a bad spot as well. It's not like that period from 1996 to 2003 was a long time really. I can see discounting 7 years.

Killah_punk 09-15-2012 01:04 PM

This thread has not impressed me, it's becoming too much of a pissing match. I wish there were more guys like Simon around an enforcer with good enough skill to get regular minutes these types of player rarely exist in the HW division.

BaddaBing Badda Boom 09-15-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I like Boobs (Post 2511654)
Well he had to fight Ray, he'd been embarassed by Alexader Karpovtsev taking him to the woodshed and smacking him around in his fight before. Rob Ray won as many as he lost... Nowhere Nearly as impressive as say the beatings Kocur put on Ray ;)

Simon had a soft soft soft card in Washington/Chicago. He reigned terror on the Dan Lacouture's, Bryce Salvador's, Chris Dingman's, Sean Brown, Wayne Primeau, Doug Houda types. That's a Fotiuesque fight card.

He lost to almost every solid heavyweight he ever fought during that period other than Todd Ewen. Chris McAllister twice, Janssens twice, ran from Janssens, Langdon beat him, Reid Simpson tossed him around, Keith Primeau hurt him, Scott Parker hurt him and Simon pulled the chute. Funny it was the same move he used against Boogard when he was getting free. Compare and contrast:

Chris Simon vs Scott Parker - YouTube

Chris Simon vs Derek Boogaard Jan 14, 2006 - YouTube

Pulled the same move on Chris Neil when Neil had him in a bad spot as well. It's not like that period from 1996 to 2003 was a long time really. I can see discounting 7 years.

Sucks having a torn rotator, anyway after beating Brown's a** 2x what is left to be said? Here is what he did for sport with the bad wing, notice he wasn't under the gag rule imposed by his coach in Washington"

Chris Simon vs Dennis Vial Round 2 - YouTube

Simon vs Domi Jan 6, 1996 - YouTube