Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
How can anyone be a fan of that guy?
You really don't know?

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Domi after

Domi vs Probert - YouTube
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
didnt asham apologize for doing that?
He did apologize. I think Asham realized that he really hurt the guy afterwards, and I give him some props for that. What bothered me the most is that it was Jay Freakin' Beagle. Not like he knocked out a Janssen, Carcillo, etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Hall of Famer

It's only OK to gestur if the player is from my team I've wanted to see a rematch of this bout, Dorsett won't be embarrassed again. It's classless to taunt the guys you just fought. Be a professional and skate to the sin bin.

Derek Dorsett vs Patrick Kaleta Dec 3, 2010 -...

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaud19 For This Useful Post:
OLLBLUEEYZ (12-07-2012), ValJamesRules (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Hall of Famer

It is Kaleta, I wouldn't expect anything less He tuned Dorsett up, and stood up for Vanek. I wish we could see more of that from him.

Get this freakin lockout over! Can't wait to watch the line of Kaleta-Otter-McCormick knock some bodies around. Bring on the turtling references....
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Not so much a gesture per se, but Rob Ray high-fiving teammates - and fans - while going off after beating Dennis Vial here always raises a smile for me:

Dennis Vial vs Rob Ray Apr 10, 1996 - YouTube

Classic Rick Jeannerete remark at the end there as well - "Bring on Tyson!"
Habs # 1 (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValJamesRules View Post
Get this freakin lockout over! Can't wait to watch the line of Kaleta-Otter-McCormick knock some bodies around. Bring on the turtling references....

Looking forward to Montreal Buffalo games. That used to be a fantastic rivalry but has been so dead for years. But now with potential line matchups like Kaleta-Ott-McCormick vs Prust-Armstrong-White/Moen there is potential for fireworks in these games again.
The Following User Says Thank You to nilan30 For This Useful Post:
ValJamesRules (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Any gestures that make fun of another fighter are not acceptable in my books.
bruiser11 (12-08-2012), mikebflorida (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Any gestures that make fun of another fighter are not acceptable in my books.
I agree, it's just not necessary to taunt another player or the fans, hockey players are usually above that but there are always a few bad apples.

What Ray did after flooring Vial wasn't bad at all, he was pumped.

Domi was a clown with all that stuff that he did, Brashear was a clown, it's just them trying to pump themselves up and making the name on the back of the jersey mean more than the front.

If a fight happens, good or bad, skate to the box and serve your time, you did your job, no need for shenanigans.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I agree, it's just not necessary to taunt another player or the fans, hockey players are usually above that but there are always a few bad apples.

What Ray did after flooring Vial wasn't bad at all, he was pumped.

Domi was a clown with all that stuff that he did, Brashear was a clown, it's just them trying to pump themselves up and making the name on the back of the jersey mean more than the front.

If a fight happens, good or bad, skate to the box and serve your time, you did your job, no need for shenanigans.
Sure, if you wanna pump the great up or call yourself the champ, fine by me...after a fight dudes are gonna be emotional, but to go out of your way to make a fellow warrior look bad is not on.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
All-Star

I love it! Trash talk, pre chatter, pre gestures, post gestures, post antics... Love it all...

Wish the NHL wasn't such a bunch of babies and let a little more of it happen... Why not rub it in the face of the guy you just pounded after he has been beaking at you all game... that is real sport... Be a man, don't be scared of a little razzing or being yapped at.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesblackace View Post
I love it! Trash talk, pre chatter, pre gestures, post gestures, post antics... Love it all...

Wish the NHL wasn't such a bunch of babies and let a little more of it happen... Why not rub it in the face of the guy you just pounded after he has been beaking at you all game... that is real sport... Be a man, don't be scared of a little razzing or being yapped at.
This isn't the WWE or the NFL, for that matter, a classy player lets his play do the talking and knocking someone out speaks volumes, why stand over him and berate him even more or talk trash?

It just shows what a classless prick you are when you do stuff like that.

There's a line I think, you can wave your hands a little bit to pump up the fans or whatever but any kind of taunting, throat slashing, whatever, to make the other guy look bad is just garbage.

You can see that crap on Raw if that's what you like.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Looking forward to Montreal Buffalo games. That used to be a fantastic rivalry but has been so dead for years. But now with potential line matchups like Kaleta-Ott-McCormick vs Prust-Armstrong-White/Moen there is potential for fireworks in these games again.
Agreed! It is going to be nice to see if some of the old rivalries heat back up. We know that BOS-BUF and MON-BUF are going to be chippy. My fave old rivalry was TOR and BUF, fueled by Rayzor-Domi scraps.

I even get bothered a little by the head taps and back-claps guys give to one another after a dustup. I know most of these guys are friends off the ice, but it does make a show and trivializes how they just tried to knock each other senseless. I think the lack of showboating shows more respect for a fellow combatant than a pat on the back.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
All-Star

Quote:
This isn't the WWE or the NFL, for that matter, a classy player lets his play do the talking and knocking someone out speaks volumes, why stand over him and berate him even more or talk trash?

It just shows what a classless prick you are when you do stuff like that.

There's a line I think, you can wave your hands a little bit to pump up the fans or whatever but any kind of taunting, throat slashing, whatever, to make the other guy look bad is just garbage.

You can see that crap on Raw if that's what you like.
Well, I disagree with you completely!

RAW is fake if you didn't know... I like real life taunting... Get a guy foaming at the mouth mad at you... thats the point... get the advantage... Anger clouds the mind... Love the throat slash... thats deep hahahaha

Same with scoring goals... Love watching little Theo fleury race down the ice after that OT win in the playoffs agains Deadmonton... Make this a spectator sport again, not like the snore leagues with no character, like the No Fun League (NFL) and Zzzzzzzzzzz MLB
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Love it.

Andrew Ladd vs Ryan Kesler Jan 23, 2010 - YouTube
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woeisme For This Useful Post:
kam (12-07-2012), OLLBLUEEYZ (12-07-2012)