Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Hall of Famer

President Obama asked about NHL Lockout

about 1 minute into video...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/...th-pres-obama/
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Coach

Idiot reporter, now he's given Obama another idea for another tax.
Frank Jaeger (12-18-2012), habsfan1122 (12-19-2012), Phillyfan11 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Hall of Famer

What could the president do? That lockout is already nasty enough, no need to bring the biased cavalry. It's funny when a rich man talks badly about other rich men (owners). He who lives in a glass (white) house shouldn't throw stones.
How long until Buffalo rewards their loyal fans with a Stanley Cup?
The Following User Says Thank You to shaud19 For This Useful Post:
Phillyfan11 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Hall of Famer

There's far more important things the president (and I'm not just saying this because I don't like him, but any president in office) should be and is concerned about than this. And to clarify, I'm not criticizing him here. He simply wass answering the question asked of him. My point is, that there are more important things that should be asked and talked about than complete cluster- you know what- that really could be settled more easily than it seems. I am criticizing the fact that the question was even posed to him in light of much much bigger issues being out there. Plus I'm pretty sure that Obama could care less about hockey period.

Last edited by Phillyfan11; 12-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan11 View Post
There's far more important things the president (and I'm not just saying this because I don't like him, but any president in office) should be and is concerned about than this. Plus I'm pretty sure that Obama could care less about hockey period.
To be fair.... the reporter asked HIM about the lockout, which in reality hits the average person who makes their living off hockey games (bars, restaurants,vendors, parking etc...) pretty hard, so it is kind of in his realm.

He also believes that the POTUS shouldn't get involved in a sports lockout, and said it in his statement. Nothing Earth shattering here, but I agree with what he said:

Quote:

You know, look. I've got to say, because we've had an NBA lockout, we've had an NFL lockout during the course of my presidency, the president of the United States shouldn't have to get involved in a sports lockout. My message to owners and to players is, you guys make a lot of money and you make a lot of money on the backs of fans, so do right by your fans.

You can figure out how to spread out a bunch of revenue that you're bringing in, but do right by the people who support you. And I shouldn't have to be involved in a dispute between really wealthy players and even wealthier owners. They should be able to settle this themselves. And remember who it is that's putting all that money in their pockets.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
To be fair.... the reporter asked HIM about the lockout, which in reality hits the average person who makes their living off hockey games (bars, restaurants,vendors, parking etc...) pretty hard, so it is kind of in his realm.

He also believes that the POTUS shouldn't get involved in a sports lockout, and said it in his statement. Nothing Earth shattering here, but I agree with what he said:
No, I wasn't criticizing him at all. That wasn't my point. I respect what he said and know that he's not the one that brought it up. My point being, I feel like this isn't a question that should be asked of him. He's got far more important things to deal with and there are far more important issues that people should be concerned with. I don't mind him answering it. You can tell it in his response that he's kind of like, why are we talkinga bout this when there's far more graver issues.
Blues 34 (12-16-2012), Jack Schitt (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Minor Leaguer

This lockout is actually god for the AHL cuz the Springfield Falcons are doing awesome right now.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan11 View Post
No, I wasn't criticizing him at all. That wasn't my point. I respect what he said and know that he's not the one that brought it up. My point being, I feel like this isn't a question that should be asked of him. He's got far more important things to deal with and there are far more important issues that people should be concerned with. I don't mind him answering it. You can tell it in his response that he's kind of like, why are we talkinga bout this when there's far more graver issues.
I agree with the overall sentiment, but it should be noted that the reporter was from Minnesota, a hockey hotbed. I' d bet a reporter from Buffalo, Boston or any other hockey crazy town would have asked the same. You can only talk about the fiscal cliff for so long....
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
Phillyfan11 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Hall of Famer

I do like this President, respect him a lot as far as that goes. I think any reporter asking him about the NHL Lockout has to be a ****ing moron. This man has countless things on his plate more important than the NHL lockout or any sport for that matter.

Should have asked Romney that Jackoff has a lot more free time these days thankfully
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues 34 View Post
I do like this President, respect him a lot as far as that goes. I think any reporter asking him about the NHL Lockout has to be a ****ing moron. This man has countless things on his plate more important than the NHL lockout or any sport for that matter.

Should have asked Romney that Jackoff has a lot more free time these days thankfully
I'm not really a big fan of Obama, but that's a debate for the politics threads. I do however agree with his statement on the lockout 100%. I also think that as previously stated the fact that the economic impact of the lockout far exceeds the owners and players that it was a valid question to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
Blues 34 (12-16-2012)