Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Hockey General > Hockey Related Media

Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
News Junkie

High School Senior Screws Own Team Over

Quote:
A high school goalie in Minnesota flew the coop in the middle of a game in shocking fashion and then threw everybody the bird.

With three minutes left and a 2-1 lead, Farmington senior goalie Austin Krause was playing the puck behind his own net. But instead of pulling the puck off the boards for his defenseman to take, he calmly tucked the puck into his own net and the game was tied. Without hesitation, Krause immediately started to skate off the ice but not before taking off his gloves and letting his coaches on the bench know he thinks they're No. 1. Lastly, he finished it off with a salute.

Of course he did.
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...lips-off-bench

Hockey Goalie Scores On Himself And Flips Off...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chilly666 For This Useful Post:
D Y B FLYERS (02-13-2013), ghjkfdhgfd (02-13-2013), pesadillamal (02-13-2013)
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer

What the ****.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Niklas Backstrom has ever felt the urge to do something similar?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Content Team

It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?

The goalie's reasoning from his Facebook page:
Quote:
"They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off."
He writes like a big time idiot, but hey, you only live high school once.

Last edited by Phila26Flyers; 02-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phila26Flyers For This Useful Post:
Rugged (02-13-2013), thruby (02-15-2013), Treehugger (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Minor Leaguer

Any reason behind this? Did his coach do something to him? His team? Or is he just a little jerk?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM
News Junkie

it's in the article link posted in the 1st post...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Hopefully Cory Schneider doesn't get any funny ideas.
"Lately I've been contemplating/Watching humans tear apart this f'ing planet/Like they've never heard of moderation/The people running things ain't worried bout no conservation/Unless there's money in the conversation.."
-C Webby

http://http://fathertheo.wordpress.com/
Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Hall of Famer

His GPA is definitely lower than his GAA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugged For This Useful Post:
PilotsFan (02-18-2013), thruby (02-15-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Clever admin title

Here we go...

I feel for the goalie. The politics in this state when it comes to hockey is absolutely a joke. If you're an upper classman looking to play out a career - and you're not a Mr Hockey nominee - good luck getting playing time ahead of some freshie or sophomore. If your parents have a track record with the coach or community or team, rest assured their piece of **** kid will play ahead of you. Trust me, been in this situation before and it's terrible - especially in a hockey crazy suburb I grew up in.

It's awesome that the goalie finally did something about it.

However, don't take it out on your teammates. Just quit the team and call it a day. There are TONS of other options to play hockey here. Go play Jr Gold or something like that. Don't cost your team a win because your coach has his balls in a vice.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
Bear72 (02-14-2013), chilly666 (02-13-2013), DaleHunter32 (02-14-2013), ghjkfdhgfd (02-13-2013), pesadillamal (02-13-2013), PilotsFan (02-18-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Feel good story of the day!

I'm imagining he plays for the kind of coaches who; never grew up, think the team is all about them, act like dictators and assume a pro contract is waiting after a few more wins... Basically, 90% of all high school coaches.

Would have been much better if he didn't write like a 2nd grader.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Hall of Famer

i was kinda pissed at first, but if he asked a couple teammates im sure the whole team new he was gonna do something. now i just think its funny. it would have been cooler to pull a roy and try to skate the puck down to the other end of the ice.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Calling out his teammate for sucking isn't cool. Shut the **** up and do the most with your time, don't score in your own net on purpose and walk off like the b1tch you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevens Lindros For This Useful Post:
pesadillamal (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Hall of Famer

That facebook post would suggest that he probably still has 5 or 6 more years of highschool ahead of him. Plenty of time to grab that starting job.

- Sloth
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BROKEN*ORBITAL For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-18-2013), OilersHockey (02-14-2013), pesadillamal (02-13-2013), Philly Fan 27 (02-14-2013), Stevens Lindros (02-14-2013), thruby (02-15-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKidd View Post
Here we go...

I feel for the goalie. The politics in this state when it comes to hockey is absolutely a joke. If you're an upper classman looking to play out a career - and you're not a Mr Hockey nominee - good luck getting playing time ahead of some freshie or sophomore. If your parents have a track record with the coach or community or team, rest assured their piece of **** kid will play ahead of you. Trust me, been in this situation before and it's terrible - especially in a hockey crazy suburb I grew up in.

It's awesome that the goalie finally did something about it.

However, don't take it out on your teammates. Just quit the team and call it a day. There are TONS of other options to play hockey here. Go play Jr Gold or something like that. Don't cost your team a win because your coach has his balls in a vice.
His teammates knew about it, this was all toward the coach. From what I heard on the radio some kids thought is was an awesome idea, and waited for it.

I know exactly what your talking about. I knew this kid whos dad played for the N.stars, and everyone knew about it. He'd brag, and brag. Kid was ****ing ****ty at gym floor hockey yet he got a spot cause his rich ass daddy called the school. Im glad he stole weed from some juggalos kids and got jumped.
bustoff (02-14-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Did it ever occur to some of you guys that maybe, just maybe, the younger kid was a better goalie?

Regardless, after this kid gets his GED, he's probably best suited to join a branch of the military. He could probably learn a thing or two about discipline, courage and perseverance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rugged For This Useful Post:
thruby (02-15-2013)