hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Hockey Related Media (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Claude Julien calls Montreal's embellishment 'embarrassing' (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f16/claude-julien-calls-montreals-embellishment-embarrassing-183389/)

blackngold 03-04-2013 01:01 PM

Claude Julien calls Montreal's embellishment 'embarrassing'

Quote:

“Tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment,” said the Bruins coach.
“This is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing. Right now, they’ve got over 100 power plays so far. It’s pretty obvious why. We’re trying to clean that out of our game. It’s got to be done soon. Because it’s not about tonight. It’s about the game. The embellishment embarrasses our game. We’ve got to be better about that. It’s pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? We start calling those things for embellishment, maybe teams stop doing it. Until we take charge that, it’s going to be an issue.”
Link

Tucker_316 03-04-2013 01:25 PM

Good, now start with Marchand you whiner. Every time the Bruins lose, especially to the Habs, they whine about the officials. Whine whine whine....

I dont condone it, but some teams take note how many times the Bruins go out of their way to take cheap shots at players, so the players go hey you know what...cant really beat the guy with my fist but maybe i'll outwit them and act a bit. Wanna take cheap shots, you're gonna see all sorts of antics.

Wadubbin 03-04-2013 02:47 PM

Sounds like a guy who's team beat up the Habs physically and still lost.At home to boot...Embellishment is part of the game.It's never going to disappear completely.If you ask me when Seguin went down at center ice from that Emelin crosscheck.I was thinking either Emelin caught him in the right spot or Seguin took a dive..because it didn't look like that hard of a crosscheck...

bigjohnson 03-04-2013 03:58 PM

I get kind of sick about hearing how bad officials are and the whole embellishment thing. I'm not sure I agree with what Julien was saying last night. I think he was talking about how Montreal averages 5 PPs a game compared to the 3 Boston averages. I think that's what he meant, but he comes across a bit whiney to me. I thought the referees were fine last night. Montreal does have more powerplay opportunities than anyone in the league and I don't think it is because they embellish anymore than anyone else. I think it has to do with them being a very small team and they get more calls from that.

blackngold 03-04-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker_316 (Post 2575606)
Good, now start with Marchand you whiner.

For what it's worth, as big of a douche Marchand is, I haven't seen him dive yet this season. Julien and/or his teammates probably told him to knock it off last year.

leafs_fan77 03-04-2013 04:24 PM

Diving/embellishment is the one thing I really get fired up about. It's pathetic and a disgrace to hockey. Good on Julien for saying it, cause I'm sure every other coach in the east agrees with him.

Boston Garden 03-04-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker_316 (Post 2575606)
Good, now start with Marchand you whiner. Every time the Bruins lose, especially to the Habs, they whine about the officials. Whine whine whine....

I dont condone it, but some teams take note how many times the Bruins go out of their way to take cheap shots at players, so the players go hey you know what...cant really beat the guy with my fist but maybe i'll outwit them and act a bit. Wanna take cheap shots, you're gonna see all sorts of antics.

That's one way of putting it.:sarcastic:

Therrien whining to the officials pretty much confirms that this a tactic they employ versus the Bruins. At least there's no denying it anymore.

This reminds me of Boston's game last year versus Vancouver. Montreal knows how to piss off the Bruins with the embellishing, they know that your best bet is to make it a special teams game versus the Bruins.

Stevens Lindros 03-04-2013 08:36 PM

Marchand says hi...

Rugged 03-04-2013 08:40 PM

Milbury ripped Julien a new asshole, and deservedly so.

"I like w(h)ine with my cheese, not at my press conferences."

Jack Schitt 03-04-2013 08:53 PM

Looks like Julien took over for Ruff.

srehm1 03-04-2013 09:08 PM

It was a bit of sour grapes and whining from Julien but he's right.

Stump 03-04-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadubbin (Post 2575676)
Sounds like a guy who's team beat up the Habs physically and still lost.At home to boot...Embellishment is part of the game.It's never going to disappear completely.If you ask me when Seguin went down at center ice from that Emelin crosscheck.I was thinking either Emelin caught him in the right spot or Seguin took a dive..because it didn't look like that hard of a crosscheck...

Hey dip****, he broke his stick doing it.

Broons66 03-04-2013 09:38 PM

Heat of the moment type deal, Claude just blowing off steam. He was pissed. Just ratchets up the intensity of the rivalry a bit I'd say. Got March 27th circled on my calender already.

Rugged 03-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackngold (Post 2575713)
For what it's worth, as big of a douche Marchand is, I haven't seen him dive yet this season.

Did you see him stick his blade in Prust's face? Prust should've gotten up and stuck that stick up his ass.

The Habs need to sign Carl Racki.

mongoose 03-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged (Post 2575897)
Milbury ripped Julien a new asshole, and deservedly so.

"I like w(h)ine with my cheese, not at my press conferences."

Good on Milbury