Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Clever admin title

Wings, Miller Agree on One-Year Deal

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed forward Drew Miller to a one-year contract.

Miller, 26, was a sixth-round draft pick (186th overall) of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in 2003. He played parts of three seasons with the Ducks before being traded to Tampa Bay prior to the 2009-10 season. After 14 games with the Lightning, the club placed him on waivers. The Red Wings claimed Miller on Nov. 11, 2009.

With the Red Wings, he logged a career-high 66 games last season, establishing career-highs in goals (10), assists (9) and points (19).

Miller played three seasons at Michigan State University from 2003-2006. In 2005-06, he was named Michigan State’s Most Valuable Player and was selected as the CCHA’s best defensive forward.

Miller's older brother, Ryan, is current the starting goaltender for the Buffalo Sabres, while their cousins Kip, Kevin and Kelly have also played in the NHL. Kevin played with the Red Wings from 1990-91 to 1991-92 and again in 2003-04.
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Apart from Meech, Miller was the only guy I didn't really care if he stayed or less. Just an amazingly below-average player.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Good signing, I personally loved Miller.... *and Meech* I think they both were chippy and played with an edge to their game. He was willing to mix it up and he tried to start a fight or two in the playoffs too. If Miller could put some pounds on and fight a couple times. I would absolutely love the guy.