Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Clever admin title

Thrashers Acquire Dupuis From the Rangers

Atlanta, GA -- The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired forward Pascal Dupuis and a third-round selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft from the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Alex Bourret, according to Executive Vice President and General Manager Don Waddell.

Dupuis (doo-PWEEH), 27, has recorded 142 points (68 goals, 74 assists), including 18 power play goals and four shorthanded goals, in 340 NHL games over six seasons with Minnesota and the New York Rangers. The native of Laval, Quebec, has also appeared in 16 playoff games, recording eight points (four goals, four assists) for the Wild in 2002-03.

This season, he has appeared in 48 games with Minnesota, recording 13 points (10 goals, three assists), and six games with the New York Rangers, recording one goal. The 6-0, 200-pound winger was acquired by the Rangers from the Wild in a trade in exchange for Adam Hall on Feb. 9.

Prior to signing with Minnesota as a free agent on Sept. 18, 2000, Dupuis spent four seasons in the QMJHL with Rouyn-Noranda and Shawinigan from 1996-2000, notching 247 points (105 goals, 142 assists) and 348 penalty minutes in 229 games. He notched 43 points (19 goals, 24 assists) in 70 games with Cleveland of the former International Hockey League in 2000-01 in his professional debut.

Bourret, 20, has appeared in 45 games for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League this season, recording 32 points (11 goals, 21 assists). The 5-10, 210-pound right wing was the Thrashers first-round selection, 16th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 02-27-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Super All-Star

Beat me to it lol

Happy trails Dupuis! More ice time for Orr.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Minor Leaguer

from looking at the thrashers website on the forums people r saying that the prospect that atlanta traded was alex bourret. terrible trade if that is the case
Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Clever admin title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrEagle View Post
from looking at the thrashers website on the forums people r saying that the prospect that atlanta traded was alex bourret. terrible trade if that is the case
Trading a water bottle for Dupuis is a horrible trade. I'm glad... he gets farther away from Minny.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Coach

Damn, the Rangers unloaded some crap. That's not good news. I guess Atlanta figures he might score a few with some of their real offensive talent around him.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 PM

How good is this guy the Rangers got?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Hall of Famer

i think giving up Bourret for a guy that fell from grace is overpaying....
Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Borret has sent mixed messages. At first he showed up out of shape and immediatly got int Hartley's doghouse. But his play was excellent, a gritty player with skill. I don't like this trade at all, but I'm not surprised by it..
Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Hall of Famer

good trade win for the Rangers. Dupuis did nothing, will do nothing and might give other players more ice time
Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Smashing Machine, your gonna love Dupuis, haha...Im so glad hes not in Minnesota anymore...god hes a worthless piece of trash.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Veteran

Smashing Machine...what are your boys doing??? Pascal Dupuis? I wouldn't trade a roll of hockey tape for the guy.

Seriously, Pascal Dupuis is not awful. He is a decent 3rd/4th line LW. I just wouldn't have given up a 2005 1st RD pick for him. To give up a guy with that potential, for a player who can really only make minimal impact...I just don't get it. Although you guys did also get a 3rd RD pick back fromm NYR.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Rookie

Interestingly Bourret was the player Atlanta took when the Rangers traded up & switched picks to draft Marc Staal. I liked him in that draft and saw him projecting as a Dale Hunter kind of player, although it seems he's not playing center any longer. He's a Ryan Hollweg type in build, but with the potential to maybe become a top 6 forward someday.

I hope Dupuis can give Atlanta what they''re looking for, but I saw him as little more than a healthy scratch with the Rangers.

Last edited by Jxmarts; 02-27-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Don't worry, Bourret will get buried in Hartford like all the other Ranger prospects. They are woeful in scoring and yet bring up a stiff like Isbister and don't give kids like: Callahan and Dawes a chance. I don't get that at all! It's obvious that these guys have good hands and could help the scoring. Get rid of the non-productive stiffs and give some of the kids a chance! The team is in a friggen freefall, what do they have to lose? Maybe the kids would give the team a spark but we'll never know!

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Minor Leaguer

I think Minnesota Fans are forgeting he was one of the keys of the penalty kill. He also played solid defensively. As a Wild fan I was disappointed he was traded away, although I like Hall also. Dupuis is a strong defensive player moving to a team that is the Eighth worst as far as goals against in the League. Plus, It's good for the Rangers because they are going no where this year and need to build for the future. Overall, good trade for both sides in my opinion.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Hall of Famer

I have no idea what we are doing. This worthless guy, and bringing back a familiar worthless player in Krog.. ugh.

at least Kapenen is gone.. but now we have two more garbage players I can wish death upon every game, though Krog is in the AHL and I don't gotta put up with watching his sorry ass.

you guys will like Bourret if he makes the big team. which is an uphill battle for him.