hockeyfights.com forums
wceratzzeqzwuyexwxsvwc

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Tanguay Signs Extension With Flames (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/tanguay-signs-extension-flames-160815/)

papas1175 06-25-2011 11:53 AM

Tanguay Signs Extension With Flames

Calgary, AB – The Calgary Flames announced today the signing of forward Alex Tanguay to a five-year contract worth $3,500,000 per season.

Tanguay, a native of Ste-Justine, Quebec, is coming off a season where he led the Flames with 47 assists and added 22 goals finishing second in team scoring with 69 points. Alex also tied for the NHL led in shootout game winning goals with four and netted a league high 10 shootout goals which ties an NHL record.

bengino 06-25-2011 12:15 PM

would help with a source or something...

Quote:

The Calgary Flames signed forward Alex Tanguay to a 5-year, $17.5 million contract extension on Saturday.

The 31-year-old centre was acquired from Tampa Bay prior to last season - his second stint with the Flames
more

papas1175 06-25-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengino (Post 2287247)
would help with a source or something...

more

yeah cause I'm making up news about him signing an extension

canuckfan 06-25-2011 01:33 PM

Seemed inevitable after Regehr was traded.

Obviously, the Flames love the chemistry between Iginla and Tanguay - the only city he seemed to play well in, post lockout, has been Calgary.

Still, it looks like the Flamers are content to head into next season with essentially the same lineup that failed to get them into the playoffs 2 straight years. A lot of Flame fans are going to like this news, but essentially, their team is still the same it was when they finished 10th 2 months ago. Iginla and Tanguay will continue to post good numbers, but what about the rest of the team?

Not getting any better, not getting any worse - just the exact same, and 1 year older....

thepolishkid88 06-26-2011 12:13 AM

Tanguay also has a modified NMC. Yeah.....

This deal is just horrible for a number of reasons, I just dont understand the Flames management.

Loosey 06-26-2011 02:00 PM

They had so much in this "core" of players (Iginla, Regehr, Phaneuf, Langkow) and it just felt like they felt the cup was with them. Phaneuf (whose value fell almost as fast as Cheechoo's) was quickly traded for nuts and bolts and the whole philosophy changed. You could feel the identity leave the building last year, and now they are kinda stuck hanging out to some aging Core well refusing to totally reset the process. White didn't pan out, I thought Babchuk was a decently bright spot, but of course he won't be signed. We sign Tanguay to a deal that takes him until 36, which in turn sends an aging Regehr out. Sign a notoriously streaky Glencross and our defense core looks like this:

Giordano Boumeester
Sarich Pardy
Butler Carson/Mikkleson

from

Boumeester Phaneuf
Regehr Giordano
Sarich Pardy/Mikkleson/Carson

Terrible, IMO, and our forwards don't look younger or faster, just older. Then the only rumors I hear is "Smyth". I think Boumeester should have been the guy actively shopped, we only have up Leopold for his rights and he makes way to much, he doesn't put up enough points and doesn't bring a "Chara" intangible where he will embarrass the Sedin's, he's way to soft. Very rich, and soft.

enforcer55 06-26-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckfan (Post 2287318)
Seemed inevitable after Regehr was traded.

Obviously, the Flames love the chemistry between Iginla and Tanguay - the only city he seemed to play well in, post lockout, has been Calgary.

Still, it looks like the Flamers are content to head into next season with essentially the same lineup that failed to get them into the playoffs 2 straight years. A lot of Flame fans are going to like this news, but essentially, their team is still the same it was when they finished 10th 2 months ago. Iginla and Tanguay will continue to post good numbers, but what about the rest of the team?

Not getting any better, not getting any worse - just the exact same, and 1 year older....

I agree 100%, I like that we were able to retain Alex, I still believe we need another top 6 forward and Obviously with Regehr gone it leaves a gaping hole on the Blueline, chris butler or any other Defenseman for that matter in the system can't take his place, feaster really has his work cut out for him. I also agree with the above statement about Bouwmeester, he should have been shopped. According to Spectors hockey, Feaster has sent out qualifying offers to UFA's Adam Pardy and Anton Babchuk.