Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Lane MacDermid is involved in this deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Crunch28 For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (04-02-2013)
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
He's a 30+ year old riddled with nagging injuries. I can't see how he would help a team that can't score.

He's not the answer and playing with Kelley and Peverly isn't going to help him regain his scoring touch.

He's not needed, why waste the assets on what could be a big time bidding war?

Jagr, even though he won't mesh with Claudes system should help big time. Can still finish and with Krecji playing with a guy who can actually finish one of his passes, could be huge.
I was about to say he's 29 but then I looked him up and that's his jersey number haha. He's 30. 11 days younger than me to be exact. You calling me old?

In all seriousness, point taken, I just see him bouncing back in a new environment. The teams he's being linked to would rejuvenate him in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
Clowe's main asset isn't his goal-scoring ability. His goals will come with time, but his primary value is that he brings it every single night which is something that's been missing from the Bruins lineup for weeks now.

My idea would be to acquire Clowe and place him on the 3rd line with Looch on the opposing wing and Peverley in the center.
Immediately slot Jagr on the top line with Krejci. The two are teammates on the Czech team and Jagr was Krejci's idol growing up. The chemistry should be there. Leave Horton on the RW as the sniper for these 2 great playmakers.
Keep the 2nd and 4th lines in tact. Pandolfo and Caron are no more (thank God).

Well, that's my version of "If I was GM..." at least.
Sounds good to me. Well, if I was a Bs fan that is. Looch and Clowe on the same line would be a problem for anybody.

And Jagr should definitely tear it up playing with Krejci and Horton. It's somewhat similar to Jagr/Hartnell/Giroux and you saw last year what he did for them. The other thing I didn't really mention was the locker room presence he seemingly had. Other players were clearly geeked up to play with him and his work ethic seemed to be infectious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tim13 For This Useful Post:
blackngold (04-02-2013), cookie monster (04-02-2013), HchVegasNHL57 (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Hall of Famer

And he will only be a short limo ride from Mohegan Sun where his real favorite sport is. Black jack!

Living in Dallas, he had to go to Oklahoma to gamble.

Again, like the Iginla trade, he could really help or do nothing at all. I think this might really help the Bruins, they need another playmaker and go out and get one of the best players ever, even at 41, he's still a very, very good player and they obviously weren't using McDermid.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Hall of Famer

If Lucic goes to the 3rd line with Kelley and Peverly, that a 13 million $ 3rd line lol.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hall of Famer

I guess the conditional draft pick becomes a 1st from a 2nd if the Bruins make the Eastern Conference Finals?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
If Lucic goes to the 3rd line with Kelley and Peverly, that a 13 million $ 3rd line lol.
Better then the rangers 3rd Richards 6.6 gabby 7.5 lol
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim13 View Post
And Jagr should definitely tear it up playing with Krejci and Horton.
While that was my first thought as well, I then looked at it a bit closer. Jagr and
Horton are both right wings. Horton would likely be the one on the move to the left but I'm not sure how well he'll take it.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Well, the B's finally make a move for Jaaahgr. Decent move, #68 still has something left in the tank and has a ton of playoff experience. I guess MacDermid did not fit into their long range plans. But hey, its win now.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Not a fan of Jagr, He'll help out offensively but the Bruins need a consistent physical precense...that's why Iginla would have been perfect. I'm glad MacDermid might actually get a chance, he wasn't given a fair shake.

Go get a physical energy guy! (Clowe)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Content Team

Great pickup by Boston. I really came to respect Jagr durin his year in Philly last season. He still has a good work ethic and makes his linemates better. He is exactly what the Bruins needed.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tython View Post
So Jagr will be suiting up for the Pens against Buffalo tonight then?
first thing that went through my mind
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Super All-Star

A lot of young toughness for the B's to give up and good for Dallas to bulk up a bit
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Not a bad deal for Boston. Jagr will definitely help them both on and off the ice.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Solid move by the B's. Similar to when they traded for Recchi prior to their Stanley cup run, except Jagr is more talented offensively whereas Recchi was a gamer who brought it each and every night. Regardless, in both cases the guy coming in brings a valuable veteran presence.

Plus this move gets Pandolfo out of the lineup, and hopefully moves Lucic to the 3rd line where he belongs this season.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattBurger For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Hall of Famer

I'd love to hear Muffin Cakes opinion on this, being a Dallas Stars fan living in New England.

What about the pieces going to other way. Haven't heard much from Stars fans. McDermid is an active fighter. Will he get ice time?

Tags
boston bruins, cody payne, dallas stars, jaromir jagr, lane macdermid, trade