Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Super All-Star

Stars Trade Jaromir Jagr to Bruins for Lane MacDermid and a Prospect

The Dallas Stars announced today that the club has acquired a conditional second-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, forward Lane MacDermid, and forward Cody Payne from the Boston Bruins in exchange for forward Jaromir Jagr. The conditional second-round pick becomes a first-round selection in the 2013 NHL Draft if Boston advances to the Eastern Conference Finals in this year's playoffs.

"Jaromir Jagr produced as a consistent scorer for our team all year and we would like to thank him for his contributions to our hockey club," said Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. "With our eye to the future, we have acquired some valuable assets that we believe strengthen our organization."

MacDermid, 23, made his NHL debut last season with Boston on March 4, 2012 against the New York Rangers, and has skated in eight career NHL contests, recording 15 penalty minutes and seven shots on goal. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound forward from Hartford, Conn., was Boston's fourth-round selection (112th overall) in the 2009 NHL Draft. MacDermid has six points (4G-2A) in 37 games this season for Boston's American Hockey League Affiliate, the Providence Bruins.

Payne, 19, just concluded his second season with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). This season, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound forward registered 45 points (24G-21A), 75 penalty minutes and a plus-16 rating in 66 contests for the Whalers. He also added one goal and one assist in four OHL playoff games this season. A native of Weston, Fla., Payne was Boston's fifth-round seletion (145th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.

Jagr, 41, has skated in 34 games for the Stars this season, posting 26 points (14G-12A), including two game-winning goals. The Kladno, Czech Rep., native is the active NHL leader in goals (679), assists (1,000), and overall points (1,679). He also ranks second all-time in game-winning goals (116), behind Phil Esposito. The 6-foot-3, 240-pound forward was Pittsburgh's first-round selection (5th overall) in the 1990 NHL Draft, and was signed by Dallas as a free agent to a one-year contract on July 3, 2012.

Last edited by chilly666; 04-02-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Hmmmm....very interesting.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Jaromir Jagr to Boston. I'm hearing two prospects and a draft pick.
https://twitter.com/MikeHeika
Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Coach

More! More! More!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Hall of Famer

So Jagr will be suiting up for the Pens against Buffalo tonight then?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Tython For This Useful Post:
dipandmitts (04-02-2013), djaye (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Coach

Jagr immediately moves into 1st place (along with Marchand) for the Bruins goal scoring lead, with 14. Not too bad.

Now Chiarelli just needs to swing a deal for Ryan Clowe and I'll consider it a good day.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
Jagr immediately moves into 1st place (along with Marchand) for the Bruins goal scoring lead, with 14. Not too bad.

Now Chiarelli just needs to swing a deal for Ryan Clowe and I'll consider it a good day.
I read earlier that the reason why a Clowe trade hasnt been announced is because the deal involves 3 teams. Id feel great if the B's could get Clowe to go with Jagr.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
As I said in the general rumors thread, he'd be a real nice pick up for whoever got him.

He slowed down towards the end of the year last year but on the whole I was nothing but impressed with his season. Still a beast on the puck and still has that awesome vision. Made everyone around him better. Now that he's found his new home, if you were to put a gun to my head, I'd say he's likely to be lifting the Cup in a few months time. F*cking mercenary! No loyalty!

Now the most interesting part will be to see if your trolls will troll your thread like they did ours last year when we signed him.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Will Jagr be playing with Malkin?

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Why do you think the Bruins need Clowe? The need offensive talent, not more pluggers that can't score.
Clowe can score. This season is a fluke.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Super All-Star

It will be interesting to see what the Bruins will do with their lines. Jagr should be getting a lot of ice time. Nice move for them.

ďI told the players on the ice, donít mess with me, because if you do, I wonít warn you, Iíll just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Why do you think the Bruins need Clowe? The need offensive talent, not more pluggers that can't score.

Jagr is a great move if it actually happens.
Clowe's main asset isn't his goal-scoring ability. His goals will come with time, but his primary value is that he brings it every single night which is something that's been missing from the Bruins lineup for weeks now.

My idea would be to acquire Clowe and place him on the 3rd line with Looch on the opposing wing and Peverley in the center.
Immediately slot Jagr on the top line with Krejci. The two are teammates on the Czech team and Jagr was Krejci's idol growing up. The chemistry should be there. Leave Horton on the RW as the sniper for these 2 great playmakers.
Keep the 2nd and 4th lines in tact. Pandolfo and Caron are no more (thank God).

Well, that's my version of "If I was GM..." at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (04-02-2013), HchVegasNHL57 (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
News Junkie

MacDermid and Cody Payne (OHL Prospect) and a Conditional 2nd Round Pick to Dallas

Last edited by chilly666; 04-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
MacDermid and Cody Payne (OHL Prospect) and a Conditional 2nd Round Pick to Dallas
I'll take it
Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
Hmmmm....very interesting.
Lucic only has 5 goals this year in 33 games so I guess Boston feels it needs more scoring off the wings!

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjack For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (04-02-2013)

Tags
boston bruins, cody payne, dallas stars, jaromir jagr, lane macdermid, trade