Old 01-24-2012, 05:30 AM
News Junkie

Stars Place Jamie Benn On IR, Recall Matt Fraser

Frisco, TX – The Dallas Stars announced today that the club has placed Jamie Benn on injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 14. The team also announced that it has recalled forward Matt Fraser from the Texas Stars, Dallas’ primary affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).

Benn, 22, has missed the last four contests recovering from appendectomy surgery. The 6-2, 205-pound forward leads the team with 29 assists and ranks second in overall scoring with 42 points (13g, 29a). Earlier this month, Benn was selected to participate in the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.

Fraser, 21, is looking to skate in his first career NHL game. In 40 games for Texas this season, Fraser ranks second on the team in scoring with 35 points (21g, 14a). He leads the club with 21 goals and is tied for third overall in that category in the AHL. The 6-2, 207-pound forward was signed to a three-year entry-level contract by Dallas on Nov. 17, 2010.
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Hall of Famer

fraser is not a fighter (he used to fight in whl though according to his fight card) but i'm kinda curious how he will play in his first nhl game

'just leave me alone, i know what to do!'
'yes, yes, yes, yes.i'm doing all the tyres, u dont have to remind me every second...' - kimi raikkonen
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Super All-Star

benn is active and participating this weekend !

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|DAL|home

Tags
dallas stars, injury, jamie benn, matt fraser, recall