Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post
It was the last 10 seconds of the game so I have less sympathy for Clowe. I don't think it's worth a huge suspension but definitely needs to be addressed.

skip to 2:00

Last minute of game, Shaw boards Pavelski Feb 22 2013 SJ Sharks vs Chicago Blackhawks NHL Hockey - YouTube
Huh.... So you approve of the league continually cracking down on any form of aggression? That seems like a pretty soft view for a fan of the fights. I only wish that Clowe got a chance to smack Shaw around. I guess rules are rules.... I'm guessing 3 games.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/QES-Vi...?v=photos&sb=0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cooke-swallows For This Useful Post:
BullyFan (02-24-2013), grits207 (02-23-2013)
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Clever admin title

I've always liked Clowe, this makes me like him even more.

The way it should be if a guy takes a hell of a run at a "star" player in the final minute. **** the leaving the bench penalty and **** the consequences, that **** can't be tolerated.

Good job by Clowe, even if it's going to cost him 5-10 games.
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
thekidd21 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Super All-Star

Then why wouldn't Thornton have a hearing for this?

Shawn Thornton vs Mike Weber Feb 8, 2012 - YouTube
!

“I told the players on the ice, don’t mess with me, because if you do, I won’t warn you, I’ll just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slashtrey For This Useful Post:
4thLineGoon (02-24-2013), BullyFan (02-24-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Hall of Famer

While they're at it can they suspend him a few extra games for having that silent "e" at the end of his name? Christ almighty does that drive me absolutely wild
The Following User Says Thank You to ewen21 For This Useful Post:
nyislesfan45 (02-24-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Super All-Star

Big Clow”e” fan, this should be interesting to see what is handed down.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post
It was the last 10 seconds of the game so I have less sympathy for Clowe. I don't think it's worth a huge suspension but definitely needs to be addressed.

skip to 2:00

Last minute of game, Shaw boards Pavelski Feb 22 2013 SJ Sharks vs Chicago Blackhawks NHL Hockey - YouTube
Lol gotta love the new fans. I cannot believe you're on this site saying this "needs to be addressed"...
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on PSN: ScottyDoezzzKnow
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_am_Belak_2 For This Useful Post:
BullyFan (02-24-2013), cooke-swallows (02-23-2013), Hagstrom (02-24-2013), RetardedChimp (02-23-2013), xELi (02-25-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Hall of Famer

It's another flawed rule that Colin Cancer instituted to further sanitize the game. Obviously the intent is to stop a line brawl from becoming a bench clearer but the "legal line change with the purpose of starting an altercation" is a joke. It's just like how a bunch of you f*aggots that want a "staged fight" rule put into place. Sure, we'll go, but lets skate around first for 20 seconds. Hey Shaw, I don't like that hit so let me take a lap then I'm going to jump you so I don't get an extra game suspension. Give me a break.
blackngold (02-24-2013), cookie monster (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Hall of Famer

The only thing wrong I see is the lack of third man in on Seabrook.

Excellent job by Clowe .
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran

JF jauques got 9 games for this during a legal line change.
Anaheim Ducks' Jean-Francois Jacques Suspended 5...
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
News Junkie

Quote:
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe is scheduled to have his supplemental disciplinary hearing over the phone today at 1pm et. Clowe waived his right for an in-person hearing.
Link
The Following User Says Thank You to chilly For This Useful Post:
spencerayres6 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
All-Star

I like Clowe and don't want to see him suspended but after watching the video again, it unfortunately looks like he is going to get 10 as that didn't appear to be a legal line change. To me it looked like all 3 of the forwards (Pavelski, Couture, and Thornton) that were on the ice prior to the incident were all still on the ice after it happened. The only real argument he could make is that he thought Pavelski was going to get on the bench after he got up from the hit but ended up not doing it for whatever reason.

Sucks because I like Clowe and what he brings to the game.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashtrey View Post
Then why wouldn't Thornton have a hearing for this?

Shawn Thornton vs Mike Weber Feb 8, 2012 - YouTube!
It looks like on the right just before he hops out of the bench someone changes out Ca want to say Caron, also to note his linemate Paille is also coming off the bench indicating that a line change is underway. then Weber pushes Pouliot, and Thornton then acquires the intent to fight Weber, so he had completed the line change with no specific intent while changing, at least visible intent to fight, I mean he did give a little shove before he came on the ice to someone. Anyone from what I read of the rule it doesn't apply here.

Also back to Clowe, He waived his right, haha Clowe doesn't want to deal with the bull****, don't blame him, I liked the response it was the right thing to do for his team, needs to get a little quicker so the refs dont break it up though. Character move, always a plus to step up for your team mates.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerayres6 View Post
It looks like on the right just before he hops out of the bench someone changes out Ca want to say Caron, also to note his linemate Paille is also coming off the bench indicating that a line change is underway. then Weber pushes Pouliot, and Thornton then acquires the intent to fight Weber, so he had completed the line change with no specific intent while changing, at least visible intent to fight, I mean he did give a little shove before he came on the ice to someone. Anyone from what I read of the rule it doesn't apply here.

Also back to Clowe, He waived his right, haha Clowe doesn't want to deal with the bull****, don't blame him, I liked the response it was the right thing to do for his team, needs to get a little quicker so the refs dont break it up though. Character move, always a plus to step up for your team mates.
Lol .....here's more of Bruins homers. Thornton jumped off from bench and the play was already dead. You can't just fight somebody when the game is dead.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Hall of Famer

damn the vid of Thornton is awesome! wish the sharks dressed thattoughness.

rough year for the sharks and clowe this year. maybe clowe needs 10 games to get healthier or something. such a bummer to have him out of the line up.

Tags
disciplinary hearing, ryane clowe, san jose sharks