Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Hall of Famer

this fu9king Hawks team sucks
The midget partol continues.
Its clear to me now bowman has no ****ing clue what he is doing.
R.I.P #24

2015 Stanley Cup Champions
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLBLUEEYZ View Post
this fu9king Hawks team sucks
The midget partol continues.
Its clear to me now bowman has no ****ing clue what he is doing.
Well, he is pretty cap-strapped... Would you prefer to have seen a big acquisition now that would take up money that should go to Brouwer next year? They knew what they were getting into cap-wise when they assembled their Cup winning group, they were not going to fix the current roster with a big deadline splash. I think subtle changes are the way to go, you still have 2 second round picks to use and/or move up in the draft.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Brouwer is one of many guys I wouldnt miss. Bolland,I think he sucks. Keith is just horrible in his own zone. I like Dowell and Bickell,but they are AHLers.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majew17 View Post
Brouwer is one of many guys I wouldnt miss. Bolland,I think he sucks. Keith is just horrible in his own zone. I like Dowell and Bickell,but they are AHLers.
Next Hawks GM right here...
The Following User Says Thank You to The Woodsman For This Useful Post:
GCBC00 (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodsman View Post
Well, he is pretty cap-strapped... Would you prefer to have seen a big acquisition now that would take up money that should go to Brouwer next year? They knew what they were getting into cap-wise when they assembled their Cup winning group, they were not going to fix the current roster with a big deadline splash. I think subtle changes are the way to go, you still have 2 second round picks to use and/or move up in the draft.
Nobody was expecting a big name player but we were hoping for a physical D man that is solid in his own end what we got was Hjalmarsson illegitimate brother in Campoli. I'd rather have Boynton than Campoli to be honest.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Campoli is pretty under-rated I think. He's small, but moves the puck pretty well and is smart in his own zone.
this statement is pretty wrong, Campoli has been horrendous this year creating turnovers in the offensive and defensive zones... getting a second round pick is a surprising price for him.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengino View Post
this statement is pretty wrong, Campoli has been horrendous this year creating turnovers in the offensive and defensive zones... getting a second round pick is a surprising price for him.
Thats what I'm thinking. Woodsman is evidently talking out of his ass if he thinks Campoli is "under-rated"
Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
there are other players cheaper and more of a fit for Chicago.
He did not and he failed again... much like the Frolik deal so far... the ONLY way he gets away with this trade is that Hendry was injured last night.
All of this talk about getting a physical shot blocking dman was the proverbial smoke up the a$$.
R.I.P #24

2015 Stanley Cup Champions
The Following User Says Thank You to OLLBLUEEYZ For This Useful Post:
kam (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
Thats what I'm thinking. Woodsman is evidently talking out of his ass if he thinks Campoli is "under-rated"
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about, just watched him for the last 150 or so NHL games he's played.

You guys won the cup last season with a roster that was not staying together. You are going to pay the price for that for years to come. There are very few things you guys should be whining about at this point. It's not like an impactful physical D man was traded today and Chicago missed out. Your D depth improved a little bit, and for that you traded one of three second round picks. Wahh.

Last edited by The Woodsman; 02-28-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about, just watched him for the last 150 or so NHL games he's played.

You guys won the cup last season with a roster that was not staying together. You are going to pay the price for that for years to come. There are very few things you guys should be whining about at this point. It's not like an impactful physical D man was traded today and Chicago missed out. Your D depth improved a little bit, and for that you traded one of three second round picks. Wahh.
Can you say Bryan Allen?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majew17 View Post
Can you say Bryan Allen?
I've got news for you, the Hawks are not winning the cup this season. Acquiring Chris Pronger today would not have changed that. Acquiring Bryan Allen would have been a lateral move at best, and would have created an even larger cap problem on defence. (He is under contract for 2 more years with a cap hit 2x that of Campoli. With Campoli comes the flexibility of letting him walk at season's end, then they can begin to restructure their salary cap and try to start rebuilding their team properly. This is not by making desperate attempts to appease some softbrained whiners on hockeyfights.com by shipping out a roster player for an expensive band-aid on defence who would have been a hindrance to their cap for years to come)

Last edited by The Woodsman; 02-28-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Still talking out of your ass. Crapoli isn't what they need. Read my other post and the one from OLLBLUEEYZ, then you can comment.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
Still talking out of your ass. Crapoli isn't what they need. Read my other post and the one from OLLBLUEEYZ, then you can comment.
Oh yeah, Pulitzer quality. You've changed my mind.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Oh yeah, Pulitzer quality. You've changed my mind.
Go fist yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to kam For This Useful Post:
The Woodsman (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Zing!

Seriously, be glad you guys got your cup. Many fans will not be alive to see their team win it all. Some teams do not have the gumption to take a run at it the way the Hawks did. Lucky for you, it paid off, because it will take years to fix the franchise.

Last edited by The Woodsman; 02-28-2011 at 10:30 PM.