Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Clever admin title

Senators Recall Andre Benoit and Colin Greening

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators today recalled defenceman Andre Benoit and forward Colin Greening from the club’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. Benoit is being recalled on emergency basis.

Benoit, 27, leads B-Sens’ defencemen and ranks third in overall team scoring with 37 points (six goals, 31 assists) in 53 games this season. He is currently tied for second among AHL defencemen in scoring and ranks 10th (tie) among all AHL players in assists. A native of St. Albert, Ont., Benoit has yet to appear in an NHL contest. In 265 career AHL contests with Hamilton and Binghamton, he has recorded 130 points (29 goals, 101 assists) and 201 penalty minutes.

A native of St. John’s, N.L., the 24-year old Greening made his NHL debut in Ottawa’s 2-1 loss at New Jersey on Feb. 1. Having appeared in all but one of the B-Sens’ 54 regular season games to date, Greening ranks fourth in team scoring with 36 points (13 goals, 23 assists) while accumulating 39 penalty minutes in his first professional season. He also sits fourth on the team with a +12 plus/minus rating. He was held scoreless in his NHL debut.
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer

About time Benoit makes the NHL. I remember him being a pretty good defenseman for the Kitchener Rangers.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
The Following User Says Thank You to I_am_Belak_2 For This Useful Post:
The Dougler (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Super All-Star

Obviously I cant stand Ottawa, but I like hearing stories about AHL lifers getting the call.

Good luck Benoit!