Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Senators Acquire Andy Sutton

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today the club has acquired defenceman Andy Sutton from the New York Islanders in exchange for a second-round draft choice (acquired from the San Jose Sharks) in the 2010 National Hockey League Entry Draft.

Sutton, 34, is currently in his 11th NHL season and his third with the Islanders. In 54 games this season, he has scored four goals, while adding eight assists and 73 penalty minutes. The native of Kingston, Ont., has averaged 20:48 in time-on-ice per game this season and leads New York in both hits (155) and blocked shots (153). The 153 blocked shots are second most in the NHL.

In 567 career NHL games with San Jose, the Minnesota Wild, Atlanta Thrashers and the Islanders, Sutton has scored 34 goals, added 101 assists and 984 penalty minutes. He has played in four career playoff games, all with Atlanta in 2006-07.

The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Sutton was signed as an undrafted free agent by San Jose on March 20, 1998, before being traded to Minnesota on June 12, 2000, with a seventh-round draft pick in 2000 and a third-round pick in 2001 for the Wild’s eighth-round selection that same year. He was traded to Atlanta for Hnat Domenichelli on Jan. 22, 2002, and signed with the Islanders as a free agent on Aug. 10, 2007.

The second-round draft pick traded away by the Senators was acquired along with Milan Michalek and Jonathan Cheechoo from San Jose in exchange for forward Dany Heatley and Ottawa’s fifth-round draft choice in 2010 on Sept. 12, 2009.
With a wealth of disappointment stacking high. On a foundation built on who's to blame. It's leveled when you find the victims. And the perpetrators are one in the same. And I'm standing on the edge of oblivion, Standing on the edge of oblivion. And I'll put my best foot forward, Put my best foot forward. - The Briggs

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 03-02-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Demands started at a 2nd round pick, wouldnt be shocked to see a 1st round pick invovled.
lakingsfan19 (03-02-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 PM
All-Star

Beat me to it.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Clever admin title

Jesus... what the hell is there for toughness on the Island? Witt in the minors, Wrecker in the minors, Sutton now traded, Nate waived, what the **** next?
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
All-Star

It's a second round pick that belonged to the Sharks.

.NYI have traded defenceman Andy Sutton to Ottawa for a second round pick that previously belonged to the San Jose Sharks

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dick Cheney For This Useful Post:
antonio106 (03-02-2010), lakingsfan19 (03-02-2010), suckerpunch (03-02-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
Jesus... what the hell is there for toughness on the Island? Witt in the minors, Wrecker in the minors, Sutton now traded, Nate waived, what the **** next?
The writing is on the wall for Richard Park.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
thepolishkid88 (03-02-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
All-Star

Another ****ing rental.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Seems average to above average players are worth 2nd round picks. I am terrified to see what a Whitney or Hamhuis could get. How did Don Waddel not get more? At the rate these guys are being moved he should have gotten 3 first round picks.
HordiBrusk29 (03-02-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Coach

This is why CAREER BACKUP GOALIES SHOULD NOT BE MANAGEMENT!

What an awful trade by Garth Snow. He lets go of (arguably) our best defensemen for a late second round pick? Florida got more for Dominic Moore.
Just like last deadline with Guerin, Snow shows he is just the wrong man for the job.

Good luck to ya Andy, you were our last bit of entertainment.

**** you, Garth, you dumb piece of ****.
"It's huge when guys are sticking up for each other," Rechlicz said. "It's more of a team bonding thing. I think it's great, and that's the style we've got to play. Guys come together, and it's like your family out there ... That's what it's all about. If you mess with one of our guys, you're going to mess with five of them. That's just the way it's going to go."
The Following User Says Thank You to nyislesfan45 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyislesfan45 View Post
This is why CAREER BACKUP GOALIES SHOULD NOT BE MANAGEMENT!

What an awful trade by Garth Snow. He lets go of (arguably) our best defensemen for a late second round pick? Florida got more for Dominic Moore.
Just like last deadline with Guerin, Snow shows he is just the wrong man for the job.

Good luck to ya Andy, you were our last bit of entertainment.

**** you, Garth, you dumb piece of ****.
I know how you feel. I remember the days of Dave Taylor like they were yesterday.
With a wealth of disappointment stacking high. On a foundation built on who's to blame. It's leveled when you find the victims. And the perpetrators are one in the same. And I'm standing on the edge of oblivion, Standing on the edge of oblivion. And I'll put my best foot forward, Put my best foot forward. - The Briggs
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Super All-Star

I was starting to like the Islanders but then all this dumb sh*t happens, now they have absolutely no one tough on their team until Jackman gets back. This is a ridiculous move, no one wants to watch a team with zero excitement.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsfan19 View Post
I know how you feel. I remember the days of Dave Taylor like they were yesterday.
Snow could have been a savior after Milbury, instead, he is just as ****ing bad. **** him.
"It's huge when guys are sticking up for each other," Rechlicz said. "It's more of a team bonding thing. I think it's great, and that's the style we've got to play. Guys come together, and it's like your family out there ... That's what it's all about. If you mess with one of our guys, you're going to mess with five of them. That's just the way it's going to go."
Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins0506 View Post
I was starting to like the Islanders but then all this dumb sh*t happens, now they have absolutely no one tough on their team until Jackman gets back. This is a ridiculous move, no one wants to watch a team with zero excitement.
Jackman gets back tonight.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyislesfan45 View Post
Jackman gets back tonight.
Oh sweet, at least that's someone. I really like him, hope he stays healthy.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:24 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
They'll probably send Matt Martin to Bridgeport (or leave him there and not call him up if he is already there).